IGNORED

Mean Machines

bplus

I still have pretty much every issue of Mean Machines, starting with the pilot

i rememebr reading in mean machines that the pilot was worth £200. Is there any chance you could scan in the cover of the pilot, id like to know what it looked like.

I had issues 1 to 36 of nms, at that time it was a good mag, i threw them out :P:D

edit i dont tink that bloke on the site knows about the dummy issue..

I still have pretty much every issue of Mean Machines, starting with the pilot and the very first proper issue!

It was one of the best console magazines. Julian Rignall was definitely one of the few people in the computer magazine industry who actually knew exactly what he was talking about!

Cool days!!!! :wub:

I sold my collection off about a year ago due to space reasons. I loved reading the magazine from cover to cover - somethng I don't do with current magazines anymore.

Plus the fact that they published 2 pages of tips of mine for a NES game - I'm well chuffed with that :wub:

I used to read Mean Machines cover to cover too, I even subscribed to it way back when I was in Japan. Cost a bloody fotune for an overseas subscription airmail £60 quid or so.

I also pinched a hint out of a Japanese mag for Dynamite Heady and got it published.

Would love to know that issue number and buy if anyone can tell me whichit was.

• 2 weeks later...

Mean Machines was the greatest. I've still got almost every issue up in my parents loft.

I haven't actually read any of them since they went up there and I've often wondered what they'd read like now.

Would they be just as good, or was the humour just something which tickled my haha-strings when I was wee.

That site is lush. :blink:

I still have pretty much every issue of Mean Machines, starting with the pilot and the very first proper issue!

It was one of the best console magazines. Julian Rignall was definitely one of the few people in the computer magazine industry who actually knew exactly what he was talking about!

Cool days!!!! :blink:

All except for the famous "Eternal Chapions is better than Streetfighter 2" quote. My opinion of him dropped after that.

i rememebr reading in mean machines that the pilot was worth £200. Is there any chance you could scan in the cover of the pilot, id like to know what it looked like.

I had issues 1 to 36 of nms, at that time it was a good mag, i threw them out :lol::(

edit i dont tink that bloke on the site knows about the dummy issue..

Christ!!! :D I didn't know that!!!!

I'm gonna have to get in the loft & unpack them!!!

If I get my mom's stupid scanner working, I'll do a cover scan. Although I might just buy a new scanner anyway, as they're pretty cheap!

• 4 years later...