IGNORED

Final Fantasy Xi

droodling

I wish I could level NIN without tanking.

I'm not even a good tank at this level. I can spam Shihei and voke and thats about it. Oh, hang on a minute... i've spent a fortune on those elemntal wheel spells. Maybe I should try some out! ^ ^

Robf said he'd level his ninja which is 19, so we probable don't want to go much higher than 22...

actually i'd just logging in from my mule and thought we were comparing ninja levels :blink: but i'll be there!. if the servers working seems to be buggered atm

Looks like we might not be able to get online tonight as these "technical difficulties" could last a while.  :wub:  Not to mention the 'traffic' thats gonna ensue once the servers are eventually back up.

???

Is something up then? I had no idea.

From the Playonline site:

We are experiencing login issues with FINAL FANTASY XI, which is currently being addressed. Maintenance work will be conducted at the following time to fix this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

[Date&Time]

Apr. 14, 2005 from 4:00 to 8:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]

FINAL FANTASY XI

Eventually I would like to take NIN all the way but it may take me a while. One thing I like about it is the potential flexibility of the job, can be used as a DD or a tank plus it's a melee job which I haven't done yet, so far NIN is my highest at 11. Ideally I'd like to level it mainly as a DD so sub RNG initially then BLM later on, but as we know many of the people that play FFXI aren't the most imaginative bunch so I will be tanking at some point.

I took Ninja to level 20 subbing Thief (and without Utsusemi either :( ) but it was a struggle and as you can imagine as a DD without even Sneak Attack even now I'm not sure exactly what I brought to the party. But with that in mind, anything is possible.

A Ninja without magic only has duel wield and bugger all in job abilities. I then got sufficient Tenshodo fame and begrudgingly levelled warrior to 15 for a tanking sub. The funny thing is though that, apart from the expense (which was incredible against Mandragora in Kazham), I really enjoyed tanking as a Ninja even though I thought I wouldn't.

Pouring a bit of water on your idea, for a Ninja subbing Ranger you would have to use throwing as your ranged attack (or guns maybe) and probably use shuriken when they become available and wear as much + ranged accuracy and agility gear as you can - shuriken and Utsusemi together sounds even more expensive than Ninja/War tanking.

Pouring a bit of water on your idea, for a Ninja subbing Ranger you would have to use throwing as your ranged attack (or guns maybe) and probably use shuriken when they become available and wear as much + ranged accuracy and agility gear as you can - shuriken and Utsusemi together sounds even more expensive than Ninja/War tanking.

I spammed Shurikens as NIN once. A stack of 99 disappeared very quickly. Went back to holding hate with Provoke and some elemental ichis sharpish. :(

I like the sound of Nin/blm.

I think post 50ish, when you can equip elemental staves, and with the int boost from the blm sub, you can start to do major damage with the elemental Ni spells, and no downtime for mp!

I'm having to level blm at the moment and plan to give this a try soon. Sounds fun.

I duo'd with a Blm/Whm this morning in Shakrami, killing worms. It was great to get 200 exp per kill in a pairing but still a bit hairy. I got killed but then raised and finally killed a second time (by a Stonega followed immediately by a gastric bomb) but still accrued 1500 odd exp in pretty sharpish time.

Used about a zillion arrows though.

Isnt nin/blm meant to be an amazing/one of the best DDs in the game?

I'm sure i've read loads on how they are amazing, although nothing comes instantly to mind...

The way i see nin in its purest form is an elemental DD.

With a rdm sub and the en-thingy spells and the nins ability to throw an elemental weekness at something I can imagine some serious damage, especially with dual wield.

I'd imagine a /blm nin's elemental weakness spells might make up for the fact that the /blms spells are at half level.

Anyway nin/rdm is something I'd love to try and I'd imagine nin/blm to be just as fun/amazing!