rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangle

Sega Rally 2005

Man they sure took their sweet time with this one. Sega Rally 3 was confirmed ages ago, IIRC. Hopefully Sega ignore all the current Rally 'sims' that are out at the moment and concentrate on keeping the essence of the original Sega Rally games.

Judging by OutRun 2, I don't have anything to worry about. Then again, some of Sega's other recent updates haven't been quite so good...

stoppresss146768.jpg

Sega Japan has released the included images to its press, with various magazines hitting the newsstands carrying the first incredible screens from Sega’s PlayStation 2 exclusive Sega Rally 2005.

We are expecting further updates tomorrow with new images from Sega Europe. See you then.

OK its spong but I hope its true.

EDIT:Eurogamer have the news too.

stoppresss146770.jpg

Win... WIN!!!!111

But er, isn't there an arcade version coming? :(

Also, the Magicbox are reporting this;

- UNCONFIRMED: Famitsu reported that Sega will release its latest rally racing game Sega Rally 2005 for PS2 in Japan next year.

I hope it's as fun as the original one. I even liked the DC version a lot.

NOT SIM PLS!

Played Initial D? Proof that Sega are still king of the arcade racer. I'm a bit sceptical actually, about Sega Rally 3, purely because Initial D is so chuffing good - what's the point in another Sega Rally game when I've got Initial D sitting down the arcade?

Here's hoping it cam capture the essense of the original game anyway. The sequel was a bit naff really.

I remember CVG reporting this a while back although at the time I thought it was just a rumour. It makes sense that Sega Rally is exclusive to PS2 as the Xbox has Out Run 2. But, which would you prefer?. Personally, I'd say Out Run, but Sega Rally is still awesome.

Although going by Sega's PS2 titles of late, I won't be holding my breathe for this, it'd be a shame for a title with such heritage to be marred by a poor PS2 update.

According to Famitsu it has all the courses from Sega Rally 1, updated with nice new visuals as well as a stack of new courses and various different game modes.

So I say this:

GET IN.

Similar to Sega's plan with Out Run then really, if the PS2 limits the game then I will be annoyed, although Sega Rally on a Sony console, was once, stuff of legends. I'm just not getting excited about this, I can see it all going horribly wrong, sadly.

So, hmm okay this is Sega Rally 1 updated.

What about Sega Rally 3? For the arcades (all 3 of them)? Is that still on route?

There wasnt a Subaru in Sega Rally 1....

There wasnt a Subaru in Sega Rally 1....

They've just added it for this update, like all the extra cars they added for Dreamcast Sega Rally 2.

Mmmmm... Peugeot 206...

So this is essentially a reworked Sega Rally 2 with Sega Rally cars and tracks as a bonus?.

We don't really have enough information on the game to come to that conclusion, do we? For all we know it could be running off a whole new engine.

Sequels usually bear similarities to their predecessors anyways, and SR2 featured about half the tracks from the original too, so that doesn't really mean anything at this stage.

Again, for this to be better than Initial D will take some doing.

Looks a touch bland from those shots, but I'm sure it'll be ace...YEAAHHH! :D

Indeed it doesn't have the trade mark 'sega arcade racer' looks to me, also lacking oponent cars that have been the main 'feature' of the series... Ihope they don't go all sim and drop the otehr racers... If I want that I can go for the countless rally sims out there!

Cheers

Quexex

Yeah looks like they have forgotten to add the scenery. Disappointed so far, but lets remain optimistic anyway. I loved the original but hated the sequel on the Dreamcast, the framerate problems ruined it for me.

Yeah looks like they have forgotten to add the scenery. Disappointed so far, but lets remain optimistic anyway. I loved the original but hated the sequel on the Dreamcast, the framerate problems ruined it for me.

The Dreamcast version was ace on import with the 30fps frame rate lock cheat... other than that it was a stuttery mess...

personally i'd prefer a ps2 conversion of outrun 2..

outrun 2 is HUGE in japan.

sega is HUGE in japan.

PS2 is HUGE in japan.

why the hell don't they do outrun 2 for PS2? it would sell LOADS.

but, hey, sega rally 3 might turn out good. let's just hope they keep it arcadey and sega-ish.