rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sydney Bristow

Frasier Appreciation Thread

A couple of stray thoughts. I watched the episode where simultaneously Frasier needs to write a eulogy for his hated great aunt, Niles needs to scatter her ashes and Martin is finishing his song for Sinatra. There’s just something about the finale in the church that chokes me up every time. It must be the some story telling magic going on there, it’s just such an amazing episode.

Secondly, I saw the final episode recently and that final 10 seconds with the announcement that he’s landed in Chicago still knocks me on my arse. Pretty much summed up Frasier’s personality you’ve known over hundreds of episodes in about four words. I bet when they came up with that they were pleased with themselves. 

God I love this show.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

A couple of stray thoughts. I watched the episode where simultaneously Frasier needs to write a eulogy for his hated great aunt, Niles needs to scatter her ashes and Martin is finishing his song for Sinatra. There’s just something about the finale in the church that chokes me up every time.

A lot of the Martin moments do that for me, particularly the Christmas episode where Fraiser is keen on getting Fredrick educational gifts but finds out he actually wants a Outlaw Laser RoboGeek. 

Marty Crane, possibly the best screen dad ever.

• Upvote 2

Marty's fucking great.

The extended scenes with him and the boys sitting and talking are so great. Like around the fishing hole, or at Duke's, when it's about to be demolished.

Also have a very deep love for the Christmas episodes, especially the one where Frasier falls out with his dad and ends up at a diner, where some people club together to buy him the turkey platter.

"How much more appetising food always becomes when you add the word 'log'"

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, 11 Herbs 'n' Spices said:

A lot of the Martin moments do that for me, particularly the Christmas episode where Fraiser is keen on getting Fredrick educational gifts but finds out he actually wants a Outlaw Laser RoboGeek. 

Marty Crane, possibly the best screen dad ever.

dumbass-memegenerator-net-dumbass-red-fo

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

A proposed Frasier revival: wouldn’t he be doing a podcast instead of radio, subsisting off meagre Patreon funds, and living in a much more modest apartment? :unsure:

He could have reinvented himself as one of these right wing self help guru academic twats like Jordan Peterson.

On 14/11/2019 at 13:26, BossSaru said:

Maybe go full circle - have him moving in with his son and seeing the world through his father's eyes?

I’m hoping Frederick has turned out like Marty rather than Frasier. I can see Frasier wincing already every time he hears some blue collar guy calling his son “Fred“.