Sign in to follow this  
esjmllcj01x

The Neighbours Thread

Think andrew said he spent time in sCotland . He has a weird accent that seems to break in and out of Scottish every few seconds .

Oh and yes they made dan into a twat and a big hypicrete.

Can't comment on Neighbours, as I'm still not watching it, but damn H&A has been pretty fucking awesome recently with the Aden and Justin story, Miles going loopy, Hugo returning and also...

hairyscrotum.gif

:omg::lol::omg:

So that was a surprise just now.... Paul shouting "Declan....Declan" and someone completely different is playing Declan now!

Apparently the lad playing Declan wanted to leave the show, so he has been recast. I don't get how Aussie soaps are so comfortable doing that, as inevitably the character changes completely.

ah he has changed now? yeah i dont really like that happening. The actor/actress makes the part their own and then its completly changed.

I don't mind so much when the character has been out for a few years - ie Summer. She is nothing like the original Summer really, but she is likeable enough.

Yeah Summer is pretty good I think. As you say, after a long break it's fine. Trouble is this new guy doesn't seem to be a particularly good actor either. It is supposedly his first major role, and it shows.

Flipping through the channels and I caught part of an episode of this (don't recognise any characters apart from Kate, Kyle, Karl & Susan) for the first time in years... the new theme tune is ULTRA SHIT.

I stopped watching H&A and Neighbours a couple years ago after watching both for 20+ years. I thought i'd really miss them, but i don't.. i still catch little bits of neighbours when i pop round my mums but it seems pretty crappy nowadays (to be honest, it probably has been a bit crappy for several years now)

So that was a surprise just now.... Paul shouting "Declan....Declan" and someone completely different is playing Declan now!

Apparently the lad playing Declan wanted to leave the show, so he has been recast. I don't get how Aussie soaps are so comfortable doing that, as inevitably the character changes completely.

It's even weirder when they just change the actor for a few weeks because the original is ill or something. Just send the character on holiday!

They only do that when the character has a major storyline though - like when libby was replaced ( on a cliff hanger episode!) be a bit weird to say she took a holiday.

The original declan was better and it didn't help the replacement looked nothing like him either!