rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
M.M.S

'definitely Maybe' Docu On Ch 4 Fri !

the spiel...

"Channel 4 will be broadcasting a very special Oasis documentary to celebrate the

release of the Definitely Maybe DVD this Friday 3rd September at 11.35pm. THERE

WE WERE...NOW HERE WE ARE: The Making Of Oasis, documents the rise of the band

from their early rehearsals in Manchester to the release a year later of one of

the fastest selling debut albums of all time. The doco features interviews with

all the original band members as well as key players in the band's ascendance.

This is a real treat for any Oasis fan – make sure you don’t miss it! "

just wondered if anyone else was gonna watch this? I'm pretty excited as i'm getting the 'Definitely Maybe' DVD on monday and this seems to act as a warm up for that. Love or hate Oasis/the Gallaghers, it was a great album and they'll certainly have alot to say for themselves as usual :)

it was a great album

Nonsense.

Oasis are the amongst the most overrated bunch of arsey musical people this country has ever produced. Why they were even remotely successful is beyond me.

Blur were better before, then, and after any successes Oasis ever had. And Blur aren't exactly that good either.

Not fan then? :)

It was a great album, one of the best of the 90's and sold in amounts to that affect. Oasis certainly ain't as good as they used to be, but mid 90's they were the best around. Maybe you didn't like the singles they released, but for me, their greatness back then lay in the quality of there bsides. Maybe the docu will make you change your mind? Will be worht a watch atleast just to see Liam talking utter shite :(

Like you say, should be interesting whether you like Oasis or not just for Noel and Liam.

Liam on Live Forever was very funny when he didn't know what "androgenous" meant.

"What does that mean?"

"It means you have a feminine quality."

"Are you sayin' I'm a pretty boy?"

;)

Nonsense.

Oasis are the amongst the most overrated bunch of arsey musical people this country has ever produced. Why they were even remotely successful is beyond me.

Blur were better before, then, and after any successes Oasis ever had. And Blur aren't exactly that good either.

Oh please. Take it to the music\hate folder.

I love this logic.

Suddenly when it's something you like sales figures reflect quality . . . mmmm. So Christina Aguilera is quantifiably superior to Oasis. Great!

ah that old chestnut...

just trying to point out, that despite your minority opinion, alot of people think that album (not Oasis in general) was good. That's all.

I never liked Oasis. Not then, not now, not ever.

My gf forced me to listen to all their albums, and I hated them. When all my friends were falling over themselves to praise them, I was in a sort of stunned shock, muttering "but...but...they're a pub rock band...it's "my first guitar solo"...three chords...banal lyrics...rip offs of classic songs...obnoxious singer...Parker from Thunderbirds..." etc.

However, whilst I still think they're musical morons, I can sort of see their appeal, in retrospect. They came at the right time, with the right "fuck you" attitude, with big singalong choruses for everyone. I'll certainly watch the documentary, although I'll have to restrain myself from spoiling it for the missus by slagging them off, like I do through every episode of Will and Grace.

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP MMS! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

I'm not being sarcastic, I just thought I'd post a reply that was relevant. Noel's also on Jonothan Ross next friday with Ian Brown, as he plays on his new single.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.......................CUE IAN BROWN HATERS!

Missed the start of this but am watching now.

Will be getting the DVD next week aswell.

Noel is always a good to listen to/watch.

there'll be a special edition around at 1st with a 2nd CD with some extra tracks on, so don't wait around.

Liam's great too, he talks shit, but he's well funny. (also i think he knows he's talking shit most of the time, but carries on anyway) :lol:

"They had a song, bonehead on an acoustic gitar with Liam singin' along. D'you know what they called it? Acoustic. The fucking... vision..."

Got to love Noel.

I thought that it was interesting, but it's put me off buying the DVD. I mean, that's going to be the documentary on the DVD isn't it? (One of the tv listings said it included interviews not seen on the soon to be released DVD. Even more incentive to purchase it now then :()

Well after watching it I ordered the 2 Disk DVD from play.com. There are supposed to be plenty of other special features on it. I was suprised to see them playing All Around the World in 1994 though. And Noels explanation of all the best songs he'd written on the first album, the next best on What's the Story? and what was left going on Be Here Now :(

Definately Maybe was an ace album. And when they were good, they got away with being arrogant and that.

But now they're rubbish, and their arrogance is annoying. IMO.