September Hip Hop Recommendations

esar

B0002QPTIA.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This is out next week i believe. Ordered it over the weekend. Anyone checked out a promo of it at all.? I know Ben Isaacs said it was hot but was wondering if anyone else had a chance to listen to it yet.

Also ordered a Beastie Boys mixtape by DJ Green Lantern. 'NY State of Mind'. Looks damn good to me anyone heard it?

Lastly while ordering i decided to pre-order MM Food too. It says that its been put back till November 4th though!! :D;)

Mr bongo is a record shop in london, and one of the best in the country. Bought many a tune from there ;)

Its shutting down :D

Not too sure whats coming in this week, not much on the cd front. Dont forget your ghostface ticket!

Bomb Wrists 2 aint gonna happen just yet I dont think, as peeps are too busy sorting out rawganics on November 4th which has an awesome lineup (details once im given confirmation).

New delegates stuff coming soon, with a couple cds in the pipeline. Cambridge hiphop pretty lively right now B)

I got that NY State of Mind mix cd the other week - it's good but I expected it to be a bit more oldschool. Quite a few of the blends are from recent tracks - Hate me now etc.

The Sureshot/Flipside(freeway)/Nothin' (nore) blend is excellent though and there's a really dark version of Intergalactic featuring Light Your Ass on Fire.#

Quick question - I ordered some stuff from Underground Hiphop.com and it was posted late August - still hasn't arrived :P Is this normal practice? I've probably been spoilt by Video Game Plus' 4 day turn around.

I got that NY State of Mind mix cd the other week - it's good but I expected it to be a bit more oldschool. Quite a few of the blends are from recent tracks - Hate me now etc.

The Sureshot/Flipside(freeway)/Nothin' (nore) blend is excellent though and there's a really dark version of Intergalactic featuring Light Your Ass on Fire.#

Quick question - I ordered some stuff from Underground Hiphop.com and it was posted late August - still hasn't arrived :P Is this normal practice? I've probably been spoilt by Video Game Plus' 4 day turn around.

I ordered these from underground hiphop. As far as i know they tend to come within a couple of weeks usually. It does say it can take upto 4-6 weeks though doesn't it? :P

Good to hear NY State of Mind is good. I've seen the track list so no what to expect. It was only $7 anyway!

Mini gig listing for the cambridge crew (if interested :P ):

Sunday 3rd October - DJ Yoda - Fez club

Fri 8th October - Word Association & DJ Skully - clares college cellars

Thurs 14th october - Ghostface/theordore unit/klashnekof- Junction

Thurs 4th November - Rawganics- Junction

November 12th - Skinnyman/DJ Flip - Clares college cellars

Plus another bomb wrists somewhere in there as well!

Mini gig listing for the cambridge crew (if interested :rolleyes: ):

Sunday 3rd October - DJ Yoda - Fez club

Fri 8th October - Word Association & DJ Skully - clares college cellars

Thurs 14th october - Ghostface/theordore unit/klashnekof- Junction

Thurs 4th November - Rawganics- Junction

November 12th - Skinnyman/DJ Flip - Clares college cellars

Plus another bomb wrists somewhere in there as well!

Thats my next 5 nights out planned then . Get in :P

http://www.allhiphop.com/rumors/?ID=594

Apparently RZA and Dr. Dre are getting together and creating Cuban Linx 2.

This could be an unsubstantiated rumour, but over at Wu-Tang Corp, Cilvaringz has pretty much confirmed the news.

Not sure what to think. Potentially it has the workings of a classic, and I'm sure that RZA wouldn't put the CL name to it unless he was serious about making the ultimate follow-up, but personally I'm just holding out until the news is officially confirmed.

Nottingham Rescue Rooms -

CAMOUFLAGE PRESENTS:

Wednesday 20th October. Doors 8.30–1AM. £7.50adv

PEANUT BUTTER WOLF

Chris Manak, a.k.a. DJ Peanut Butter Wolf, grew up on San Jose's East Side. When he isn't beat digging with the Roots' ?uestlove or trading 45s with Biz Markie, he lives in Los Angeles, where he is a hip-hop DJ, record producer and owner of Stones Throw Records.

Should be good.

Talib Kweli's new album popped through the postbox today, it's obviously an attempt at the hiphop mainstream but I quite like it, improves on every listen. One track in particular - We Got the Beat - stands on the point between brilliance and sheer awfulness; cheesy metal guitars and Planet Rock breakbeats.

Talib Kweli's new album popped through the postbox today, it's obviously an attempt at the hiphop mainstream but I quite like it, improves on every listen. One track in particular - We Got the Beat - stands on the point between brilliance and sheer awfulness; cheesy metal guitars and Planet Rock breakbeats.

Yes, its a bit mixed up that. Wasn't totally unexpected as Id already heard the leaked version but still...

Sony music have been doing a competition where the winner would be able to appear on the new Nas LP.

Here's the UK finalists: http://www.sonymusic.co.uk/nas/intro.html

Big up for that Esar. Just listened to all of them, suprised to see Yungun on there?! It's either him or possibly Rising Sun, liked the little bit at the end "You know like when you kill someone in Street Fighter" :P

The rest are pretty pathetic, especially the slag, man she's hella lame.

Just got hold of the 'The Herd's' album from a friend.

I'm not finished listening through it all yet, but there have been some quality tracks so far, and some pretty average ones, but overall I am pleasantly surprised at the moment. For those that can't find any information on it (neither can I really) but here is a website with some kind of profile:

http://www.amo.org.au/artist.asp?id=54