rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
esar

September Hip Hop Recommendations

'Spose I better get this going.

First up, Edan's live partner and a sick MC in his own right, Insight's albums coming:

insight-blastradius.jpg

Dope beats and dope rhymes.

And this gets an official reissue through Traffic on double vinyl and CD:

oc-wordlife.jpg

One of the greatest albums ever made.

So who's coming to the DMC's then?

Yep that O.C reissue is a god send. Had a few copies in me shop and they flew out! Got a few copies left on CD, so I may have to get one for myself :rolleyes: .

Couple of albums on BBE dropping this month (in the Uk anyway), Foreign Exchange - Connected and Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer. Both of these are quality, so dont sleep.

I can't find the OC vinyl reissue anywhere in this country, do you think you'll be getting more in ashmatuk?

I got both Masta Ace and Foreign Exchange in the post on thier way to me B)

Scribe

Its been out in New Zealand for just under a year and i understand he's just gone double platinum which is pretty huge for a NZ hiphop artist. Scribe's got some serious skills and its worth checking out if your open to something other than UK/US hiphop. :rolleyes:

Do it but if ya haven't gone with my other NZ recommendations then i expect you won't. :o

Oh and he's over here at the mo but not sure if hes touring. He's one of the very few hiphop artists coming out of New Zealand that have the potential and is likely to go worldwide.

Sorry, off-topic (i've not heard any hip hop this month, i'm mixing old stuff right now for Streetbeats V)

Anyway, if anyones intrested, I've started a thread about 'Beef' over at movies.

These hip hop artists must be bloody prolific to produce enough albums to warrant a 30 odd page topic every month.

:rolleyes:

There is just so much different stuff released each month that this thread is needed to warn of the shit and recommend the good.

I dare say you could have a similarly large topic on Jazz or Rock or any other genre.

Ashmatuk, it'd be cool if you do let me know if you get any more OC vinyls, you'll have a guaranteed sale!

I'm hopefully fingers crossed going to NZ early next year. I'll check him out!

You will love it mate. (New Zealand that is!)

It is a year to the day I went out there for 6weeks and I'm gutted I'm stuck in an office typing shit on a forum instead!! Next stop is Canada but not for at least a year! :rolleyes:

If ya go, check out along with Scribe; Mareko (+his crew The Deceptikonz),Breakin Wreckwordz,King Kapishi, Ill Semantics and if poss find somewhere DJ Raw is playing. He's fucking awesome.

There is just so much different stuff released each month that this thread is needed to warn of the shit and recommend the good.

I dare say you could have a similarly large topic on Jazz or Rock or any other genre.

I doubt it these days. Decent rock music is currently appearing in a slow trickle.

I do keep trying to get into hip hop. But for every good track I download I seem to download one I don't like.

I've got some Aesop Rock, Beasties, Outkast, The Roots, Atmosphere, cloudDEAD, but that's about it.

Insight is class, his work on Mr Lif's I Phantom is awesome.

I've discovered that I can upload upto 100mb on my PC so I'll try and upload Edan's and Insight's 10 minute breezeblock set later tonight - One take genius.

Edit: Bah, did the upload work - did it hell.

As for the DMCs it's still up in the air for me. I hope to make it on the Sunday though.

I'm going on the Sunday - give us a bell if you come down mate.

Why can't I seem to find any reviews of Dizzee Rascal's new album? It's released in five days!

you can have my review right now.

it's fucking stunning. seriously. thought the first one was very hard work and couldn't get along with most of it. but this is just next level.

love it to bits.

you can have my review right now.

it's fucking stunning. seriously. thought the first one was very hard work and couldn't get along with most of it. but this is just next level.

love it to bits.

Agreed 100% (apart from the stuff about the first album - one of my favourite albums ever)

See if you can download Girls from the new album - the beat is amazing.

Great album - I think the NME gave it 9, Observer Music Monthly 5/5

Edit: Found this earlier today - Rob Sonic - Shoplift Didn't like it at first but the riff needles into your brain, anyone heard the album?

I doubt it these days. Decent rock music is currently appearing in a slow trickle.

I do keep trying to get into hip hop. But for every good track I download I seem to download one I don't like.

I've got some Aesop Rock, Beasties, Outkast, The Roots, Atmosphere, cloudDEAD, but that's about it.

Give this a try

B0000C66A5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Right. So my new local has the following available cheapish. Please advise:

571420.jpg

Beatnuts / Milk Me

Like everyone with a soul, I adore the production of their first few LPs. Unlike many others, I can take or leave the lyrics. So how does this one measure up?

B00005MLVF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DJ Krush / Zen

I like his mid-90s stuff, have sort of lost track after that. Did he do a DJ Cam or is this still funky (without being packed with dull guest rappers)?

d84541wah1t.jpg

Dan The Automator / A Better Tomorrow

I like Dr Octagon, Deltron 3030, Handsome Boy Modelling School, Music To Make Love... So I'm gonna like this, right?

Please help me spend my money.

Right. So my new local has the following available cheapish. Please advise:

571420.jpg

Beatnuts / Milk Me

Like everyone with a soul, I adore the production of their first few LPs. Unlike many others, I can take or leave the lyrics. So how does this one measure up?

There were posts about this last month. Some like it, some don't. I like it. There are no real shocks on there. Production is still nice. I DLed it and will buy it next time I'm in Soho.

Also, birthday props to devil-goh. (I've not been around much the past few days.)

d84541wah1t.jpg

Dan The Automator / A Better Tomorrow

I've got the title track from this CD which is great, and features Kool Kieth.

Not heard anything else from it though.

Has anyone seen this: http://www.wutangcorp.com/news/getarticle/article/592/?

I was a little disappointed by the tracklisting, but then I'd never buy a Wu 'Greatest Hits' anyway. Even those who haven't got any Wu material could do better than that CD I think. Ah well.

Finally, I've got hold of some rare Wu demo's and shit which I'll upload sometime today and post here for you all.