Boot Markets 28/29/30th August

Bluejam

Thought i would start a thread 8)

Dont normally go to Boot markets on a Saturday but i went out one out in the sticks. Didnt go with high hopes and the second stall had a SNES up for 25 quid so it didnt start well..

However.....

First Up

Unboxed Spectrum + 2

80 various budget games (mastertronic / firebird etc) incl Zub, Spellbound Knightyme Cylu)

70 other games (big boxed jobbies, none of your compilations ;)

Currah speech Unit (boxed with all the stuff)

Currys music keyboard <_<

Printer

Gun

Some of the games..

The Worm in Paradise

Sorderons Shadow (in a huuge Beyond Box)

Saga of Erik The Viking

Valkyrie 17

Snowball (level 9)

Archon (EA)

Desert Rats (another huuge case)

Three weeks in paradise

Head Over Heels :)

Enduro Racer

Bubble Bobble

Gnome Ranger (Level 9)

The Pawn (Firebird)

Contact Sam Cruise

Nightshade (only ultimate game out the lot!)

loads more. Some in great nick. Just a shame that they all have price labels on them which look like they are stuck on with superglue :(

£15 for all the above

Second

An unloved woody Atari 2600, needs a bloody good clean) with 2 paddles and 2 joysticks

Games (all unboxed unfortunately)

Pacman

Super Breakout

Missile Command

Donkey Kong

Slot Racers

Combat (ahh, to think how much time i spent playing that 20 years ago!)

Space invaders

Yars Revenge

Breakout

Volley Ball

Outlaw

£5 the lot. However, its missing the power lead :( Any suggestions for a replacement?? Strangely, it was bagged up with a Speccy power lead!

The seller started mentioning ebay when i enquired about the atari, quite suprised when he said a fiver.

Coming to the end of the season now. All i need now is a Snes and an Jaguar and it will be a pretty successful summer! Hope tomorrow is just as good

£5 the lot. However, its missing the power lead <_< Any suggestions for a replacement?? Strangely, it was bagged up with a Speccy power lead!

I had the same problem with an Atari 2600 `Woody` that I bought from a car boot sale about 5 years ago (the first and only 2600 I've ever seen at a booter).

I went down to Argos an bought one of those power supplies that you can change the voltage and end connectors on.

It cost me about a tenner, but has been very useful indeed. I would say that eny self respecting retro collector should have one of these in their collections.

Rob

An unloved woody Atari 2600, needs a bloody good clean) with 2 paddles and 2 joysticks

Games (all unboxed unfortunately)

Pacman

Super Breakout

Missile Command

Donkey Kong

Slot Racers

Combat (ahh, to think how much time i spent playing that 20 years ago!)

Space invaders

Yars Revenge

Breakout

Volley Ball

Outlaw

£5 the lot. However, its missing the power lead 8) Any suggestions for a replacement?? Strangely, it was bagged up with a Speccy power lead!

The seller started mentioning ebay when i enquired about the atari, quite suprised when he said a fiver.

Coming to the end of the season now. All i need now is a Snes and an Jaguar and it will be a pretty successful summer! Hope tomorrow is just as good

That is great. I'd love to get a woody at some point ( <_< ), they look great. Top games, too.

cheer guys, may pop to argos tomorrow.

as i said above, it came with a speccy powerpack / lead. The jack fits in the atari 2600 perfectly. Makes me think that the previous owner used it with it.

anyone reckon it'll work?

suppose i could just go for it but before i blow it up, anyone know?

No boot fair, but I did check out a

SCOPE

shop and found

Megadrive:

Sonic1

Sonic2

The Little Mermaid

Mickey Mouse - Castle of illusion

Golden Axe II

£1.50 each

PC:

Forsaken £4.50

So I came away with Castle of illusion, mint & complete <_<

well, got up nice and early (sad fecker!) and managed to squeeze 3 in before it started to rain

Battered Atari Lynx, missing the name badge on the front but i just checked to see if it worked and found it had California Games in it already

£2

Christ, the Lynx is huuuge!

PSOne - Unboxed, with no controllers for some reason but came with er, um, well..

Barbie Race & Ride, Disneys Dinosaur, Mickeys Wild Adventure, Barbie Explorer, Croc, Jurassic Park Warpath and a naughty copy of Who wants to be a millionaire

£5

Psx

R Type Delta £1.50 (been after that for ages) In mint condition ;)

Alien Ressurection £2

Tomb Raider £1.50

Cheetah Joystick with Spectrum Interface 50p

Saturn Gun, Boxed £2

and, drum roll please (with tongue firmly in cheek)

Boxed Amstrad GX4000, 2 controllers and one game 'Burnin Rubber' in very good nick.

£5 (and its probably worth at least half that :P )

Finally got round to going to one this morning, i was really only after an NES but only saw one unboxed for £10 so I passed on it. No SNES stuff around either.

Did get a megadrive with pad, power supply and 3 games for £2.00 though so not a wasted trip.

Well the girlfriend is away for two weeks and so I decided to head out early today.

Reasonable pickings although still yet to have an old fashioned 'Big Haul' from one stall, for example a Mega Drive with 15 games or the like.

SNES console + Super Mario All Stars - £2.50

PS games:

Monster Rancher - £4

X-Com: Enemy Unknown - £4

Psychic Force - £1

Spiderman - £1

Wild Arms - £3

Pandemonium 2 - £2

Game Boy (Classic) with Flintstones and Yoshi's Cookie - £1

Pac-Land Namco handheld game - £3

Advance Wars - £4

NES games:

Metroid

Castlevania II

Wrath of the Black Mantra

Got a few DVDs as well, including 'Narc', which I just watched and thought was awesome. B)

Can't take all the credit for these finds as my dad was out finding most of the good stuff today and phoning to get prices from me.

Boxed and Perfect Sinclair QL with lots of micro cassettes (Even has all the original bags and manuals) - £15

Boxed Atari 2600 Woodgrain with 3 boxed and 8 unboxed games - £25

NES Action Set - £5

SNES Action Pack with boxed controller, arcade stick and 8 boxed games - £18

NES with 4 games - £2

BOXED NES with 2 boxed and 4 unboxed games - £7 (Box is like new!)

Final Fantasy VII - £1

Mr Driller PS1 - £9.99 (Gamestation)

Rich

Went out Sunday and Monday, it was a little wet so didn’t get that much –

40 winks (Is this game any good?)

Bomberman :P

Bust – a – move 2

Rayman

PS1 games all in mint condition

£10

Huge snow/skate/surf board for the x-box (looks like new) in box

£5

Shadow of the beast 2

Bonanza Brothers

Strider :P

Pit Fighter

FIFA ‘95

Megadrive games all in good condition

£4

Megadrive 2

PGA tour golf x2

PGA tour golf 2

Games a bit rough

£2

Mortal Kombat

Greendog

Streetfighter 2

Streets of rage

Sonic

James pond 3

Megadrive games in good condition

£5

N64

International super star soccer

Lego Racer

Topgear Rally

F-1 World Grand Prix

Mario 64

Golden eye

Pilotwings 64

£10

Space invaders PS1

£2

Megadrive 2 & Mega CD 2

Megadrive

Broken Mega CD

Golden Axe

Sonic

688 Attack Sub

Bart v Space Mutants

Earthworm Jim

Paws of Fury

Disney Collection

Mega games 1

Micro machines turbo tournament ‘96

Games are a bit rough

£8

SNES

4 football games

£3

SNES

Carry case

Donkey Kong Country 2

Donkey Kong Country 3

Mario World

Mario Allstars

Super Mario World 2

Super Metroid

Super Turrican 2

The duel Test Drive 2

Aladdin

Street Fighter Turbo x2

Starwing

£30 – I know a lot of money, but………look at the games they are cart only, but still….. ;)

Nearly didn’t buy the Mega CD’s as they wanted £15, however the missus went back and did a stunning job in getting it for £8. What a star!! B)

Well I had my first venture in to car booting on Sunday. Me and ther missus went to two out in Cheshire. She got loads of books, I got Rayman on PS for 50p and that was it. I saw a couple of overpriced PlayStations and a totally knackered MD, but that was it. Other than some bloke flogging cart only SNES game for rediculous prices - Zelda for £18 anyone?

I was kinda disapointed about the whole thing, I expected to get more. I intend to go to one in Manchester this weekend to see if I have any moe luck.

I never seen games or consoles sold in Charity shops.

But which charity shops is worth a look anyway.

I only ever bother with charity shops near/in large Tescos etc or ones that are dedicated to animal welfare.

You occasionally find stuff in these but I believe they can't take electrical goods nowadays.

You should really try your local tip - most have a recycling operation in progress and will not skip electrical goods. i'm not joking the stuff I've seen at these places..

Had my first experience of the winged monkeys this weekend.......not good. <_<

dunno what it is but i'm not seeing that many at the moment. Maybe its to do with the fact that i'm half asleep and oblivious to them. :P

Most i saw was at one of the major ones (gropu of 5 kids going round, one saying "yeah, i know what games are worth loads, stick with me") but i dont go to that one anymore.

I know about the tips, you can find monitors there, shame it is not possible to pick it up on the bike and come home :P with free monitor.

My local tip has a sign on it saying that any property left there is the property of the Council and anyone taking anything maybe prosecuted!!

<_<

I was stood infront of one boot as the lady unloaded, with a pikey one-side and an unrelated winged monkey the other side.

The woman put out a box of CDs and I started flicking through them. Then the pikey asked 'Got any Playstation, love?' She said 'Oh yes, they're in with the CDs.'

The winged monkey and the pikey then proceeded to try and muscle me off the CD box. I stood my gorund, rummaged through and picked out some games. £1 each. When she said they were just a quid the other two looked VERY angry and then proceeded to fight for the scraps. <_<

My local tip has a sign on it saying that any property left there is the property of the Council and anyone taking anything maybe prosecuted!!

<_<

This is where social skills and a pocket full of fivers comes in handy.

I never seen games or consoles sold in Charity shops.

But which charity shops is worth a look anyway.

all of them, seriously:

SCOPE

British Heart Foundation

Oxfam

all of them. You just have to look, and I have no qualms about walking into any of them.