IGNORED

Studio Ghibli Museum

Calashnikov

pick me up some trinkets?

Serious? I'll pick up some stuff for folk if they can send me money before I leave next Wednesday.

I've already set aside a large part of my budget to get blown at the Ghibblers. Getting presents for my sisters and shit. Gonna buy a legion of kodamas. and shag them!

kodama.jpg

If they let me, I'll take hundreds of photo's and post the stuff here. Failing that, I'm definitely committed to photographing myself next to a different J-Babe for every day that I'm out there.

Thanks to Ed-E for that gem of an idea.

Here's a map of the place:

clip_image002.gif

Me and my girlfriend went there last year. It's very good indeed. My favourite is the life size Laputa Robot on the roof garden. The only downside, is that it could perhaps do with being bigger. Oh, and not being able to understand Japanese was a bit of a drawback for us too. You can still get the gist of most of the displays however.

Yeah, I just booked me and my squad of maddies a bunch of tickets to check out the wonder dudes museum on Wednesday the 8th of September. Has anyone been before?

Yep, I went with my wife and we both loved it. It's a very mellow place, despite genki kids running about the place. Can be a little crowded though.

Bring cash for the shop and make sure you have a Japanese speaker in your party.

Are we allowed to take pictures of the stuff? My wee sisters would piss themselves laughing if they saw me standing next to one of the Laputa robots :D

I'll pick you up a keyring, Crisps. It'll probably cost me about £27.48 though.

EDIT: Just re-read Pretensious Helv's post. Apparently Swedes can take pictures.

Are we allowed to take pictures of the stuff? My wee sisters would piss themselves laughing if they saw me standing next to one of the Laputa robots :D

They aren't too happy about you taking photo's inside the museum but it seemed to be okay to take a picture of the robot in the roof garden, (as posted above somewhere). We took a couple of pictures of it too.

"Jammy Bastard! Fucking Jammy Bastard! Jammy FUCKING Bastard! Etc..."

*sigh* I really, really wish I was going. When I eventually do (probably a few years from now) I'm just gonna buy like a million dust fairiy things. Oh, and a lifesize Totoro. Not to forget as large a CatBus as they have there. As well as...*goes on forever and ever*

Man, if you want to go I'm sure you will. I used to flip out when I read folk blabbing on about going there. Just save up your funds. My trip out there has nothing to do with luck, really :D

And my lack of a trip out there has nothing to do with funds, really! Trust me, I'll definitely go, just try and stop me.

Can you get me a keyring of the robot in Laputa, Cal? I'll send you the two quid, governor, I swears it!

yesasia.com stock them, they stock a lot of Ghibli stuff actually.

I have a plushie Catbus and a Laputa robot keyring for sale if you're interested.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer.a...-c/version-all/

Yours for £5 delivered (from me, still sealed).

Nice link, man. I think the film I'll be buying most merchandise from (if you understand what I mean) will be 'Kiki's Delivery Service.' Frankly, if I don't come back with a replica Jiji plush my sister will decapitate me with her mind.

Do you think this set comes with the background included?

l_p1002841289.jpg