'official Outrun 2 Thread'

peve

Bah. Rllmuk Rob has now hobbled the "View By Posts" option on the search engine, and broken my powerful Stuart Campbell opinion analyser, so we'll never know.

One of his earlier posts advocated the current retail price of games. I therefore conclude that he is not Stuart Campbell and hereby claim my fivpounds.

One of his earlier posts advocated the current retail price of games. I therefore conclude that he is not Stuart Campbell and hereby claim my fivpounds.

I don't know whether you are talking about Duncan or Jimmy, but I've met Duncan and I observed Stuart at the Barbican's Game On exhibit through my powerful stalking binoculars and I can confirm that they look quite different.

I don't know whether you are talking about Duncan or Jimmy, but I've met Duncan and I observed Stuart at the Barbican's Game On exhibit through my powerful stalking binoculars and I can confirm that they look quite different.

We've all seen Scooby Doo cartoons, the fact they look completely different proves nothing!

Has anyone having issues with the graphics?

Having played over 33 hours and on level 17 of the Mission mode I am encountering the same bug each time I load the game.

Basically the background to any track appears bright and the trackside detail in the distance is all dull brown as if foggy.

That's the best way I can explain this. I have had ZERO issues with the game until this happened. It's now happening after every few games and stays until I reboot.

Anyone else having this?

Because of it, I now no longer wish to play the game for fear of it's return...

:ph34r:

I am 100% talking out of my arse when I say this, but if it was working fine for you before harmunt, I have an outlandish theory. Doesn't the xbox cache stuff for the most recent 3 games you played on the hard drive? Maybe the outrun cache has gone a bit screwy. I vaguely recall somebody saying you can typically clear the cache by playing 3 different games before going back to outrun. Worth a try, but it might be as well-founded as if I suggested putting the DVD into boiling water for a few minutes.

I am 100% talking out of my arse when I say this, but if it was working fine for you before harmunt, I have an outlandish theory. Doesn't the xbox cache stuff for the most recent 3 games you played on the hard drive? Maybe the outrun cache has gone a bit screwy. I vaguely recall somebody saying you can typically clear the cache by playing 3 different games before going back to outrun. Worth a try, but it might be as well-founded as if I suggested putting the DVD into boiling water for a few minutes.

That is indeed true, wether it sorts out his outrun 2 issue...?

Have any of us got AAA on everything yet? Does something special happen?

I wasn't aware you could get a ranking higher than A on the maths test and ghost race challenges (you have to retry to get AA, then retry again to get AAA), so there's some more I need to complete. Then there's just AAA on the final max speed and, erm, the endurance races.. ;)

Im 92 AAAs

I kind of gave up for a week, im pretty sure you unlock something (other than a chase card) when you get the first 96 AAAs, but theres 4 I just cant do not matter how hard I try (a laser breaker, heart breaker, rush hour and single race)

H_S_H_24, have you managed to get AAA on challenge 9.6 (race against Jennifer with the final course being Cape Way)? It doesn't seem possible, as on the final turns you either collide with a car or have to slow down, both causing her to close the gap and therefore losing the AAA. :lol:

H_S_H_24, have you managed to get AAA on challenge 9.6 (race against Jennifer with the final course being Cape Way)? It doesn't seem possible, as on the final turns you either collide with a car or have to slow down, both causing her to close the gap and therefore losing the AAA. <_<

Nope thats the race I havent done, ive managed AA but not AAA...but I know its definately possible, ive recently been AAA up just before the third turn from the end and I know its possible to go round the rest with minimal drifting without hitting anything, I just havent managed it yet.

I got the heart breaker on AAA that i was missing so now its down to those last 3 normal ones and the marathons (which have the same problem as the Jennifer race, ending on Cape Way).

H_S_H_24, have you managed to get AAA on challenge 9.6 (race against Jennifer with the final course being Cape Way)? It doesn't seem possible, as on the final turns you either collide with a car or have to slow down, both causing her to close the gap and therefore losing the AAA. :ph34r:

So it's not my imagination... that last corner is always full of trucks and buses.

:)