'official Outrun 2 Thread'

peve

Hmm. Now I've got my hands on a legit, boxed copy (I would have bought on release but I was away) and I'm a little disappointed by Live. It's pretty much dead as a doornail already. Only 2 sessions running right now, and people are a bit better than me, as you might expect. What a shame. Plus, after some checkpoints I get a whiteout blizzard effect for a while. I assume that is down to my Thomson DVD drive playing up a bit and not loading in the course quickly enough, so not Sumo's fault, but it's still a bugger for me.

Campbell was entirely right, even if he was less than diplomatic in his approach.

He was right, and as much as I like reading Stuart's stuff I have to say that I wasn't keen on quite how he put his point across.

The moderating team obviously weren't either as he's now been banned.

Rob

That post of Campbell's is completely - for want of a better word - out or order. He willfully misinterprets sentences so he can ridicule them to undermine the credibility of the reviewer. He may disagree with what the reviewer says but he is wrong to make pathetic and often incorrect attacks on the reviewer's style. In many instances Campbell has leapt on him for using a sentence that to me made perfect sense but to Campbell is criminal abuse of the English language. But that's just it: Campbell doesn't really believe the use of language is criminal, he's an intelligent chap, he should be able to see what the reviewer was trying to convey, but instead he venomously attacks it. Don't even get me started on Campbell's 'I've worked in the industry, being paid to write reviews' arrogance. His stock has dropped to an all time low in my book. If I were him I'd feel terrible for posting that.

The NTSC review is spot on.

Get the shit out of your eyes. OR2 would have been blasted 5 years ago never mind now. It lacks depth, and dont give me shit about timing the powerslides as they must be some of the most boring and easy powerslides ever. The handling has no reward. the tracks are boring, apart from a few views. The music is shit as well, barring a few catchy melodies but its hardly ridge racer is it.

They should have released this game at 20 quid. Then i would have been less brutal. The fact that i had as much fun with the 3 quid demo as the 35 quid game shows the value this package had.

Hey sega, next time you want to update one of your old arcade classics, call an expert,

call namco :unsure:

It pains me to say this but isn't it time this thread was locked?

As fabulous as I find Outrun 2 to be, this thread is constantly degenerating into the same old shit.

One minute SUMO digital are recieving a very pleasurable blow-job courtesy of the forum and then, before you know it, out comes the rusty machete and SUMO find's themselves dickless and bewildered.

We are covering the same old ground people...

:unsure:

But that's just it: Campbell doesn't really believe the use of language is criminal, he's an intelligent chap, he should be able to see what the reviewer was trying to convey, but instead he venomously attacks it.

As much as I may not want to agree with all of Cambell's post - being able to work out what someone meant to say doesn't mean they got it anywhere near correct in the first place.

It lacks depth, and dont give me shit about timing the powerslides as they must be some of the most boring and easy powerslides ever

Idiot.

The handling has no reward.

Idiot.

the tracks are boring, apart from a few views.

Idiot.

The music is shit as well, barring a few catchy melodies but its hardly ridge racer is it

Idiot.

Could you possibly be any more wrong about absolutely everything.

Go back and play the game till you like it.

Hey im just stating mt POV. The game is okish but its more or an 18 wheeler rather than a crazy taxi :unsure:

Most basic. I loved turbo outrun though :rolleyes:

You can state your point of view, but im sorry but when you say stuff like 'It lacks depth' and 'The handling has no reward.' your just showing you dont know what you are talking about, because they are just plain wrong.

Ill admit it certainly can seem like that if you only played it a little, but its deceptive.

Oh yeah and its miles better than Crazy Caxi let alone 18 Wheeler.

You can state your point of view, but im sorry but when you say stuff like 'It lacks depth' and 'The handling has no reward.' your just showing you dont know what you are talking about, because they are just plain wrong.

Ill admit it certainly can seem like that if you only played it a little, but its deceptive.

Oh yeah and its miles better than Crazy Caxi let alone 18 Wheeler.

Forum tip for newcomers: Karantaz's views are very bizarre. He thinks Namco are better than Sega, so just leave it at that, eh?

Forum tip for newcomers: Karantaz's views are very bizarre. He thinks Namco are better than Sega, so just leave it at that, eh?

If you were to say Capcom, you might have a point these days. But Namco!

Back on topic... I'm utterly addicted to OR2's challenge mode, the difficulty curve is absolutely perfect (well apart from the first Max Speed challenge). I've only got 2 challenges left to go and even the Max Speed challenges are brilliant fun when you've unlocked the faster cars.

Can't wait to find out the mystery behind the chase cards. Please be Sega Rally tracks!

I have just the last Chase card to get (3 or 4 AAAs), but im afraid I doubt very much that ill be able to do it, up until now ive always been able to do something, to advance in some way, but now im just hitting up against a brick wall...

...and i was so close too.

The NTSC review is spot on.

Get the shit out of your eyes. OR2 would have been blasted 5 years ago never mind now. It lacks depth, and dont give me shit about timing the powerslides as they must be some of the most boring and easy powerslides ever. The handling has no reward. the tracks are boring, apart from a few views. The music is shit as well, barring a few catchy melodies but its hardly ridge racer is it.

They should have released this game at 20 quid. Then i would have been less brutal. The fact that i had as much fun with the 3 quid demo as the 35 quid game shows the value this package had.

Hey sega, next time you want to update one of your old arcade classics, call an expert,

call namco :lol:

yes, because R:Racing, Tekken 4 and SCII were GREAT!

oh hang on, wait - no. that's right, they were shit.

But that's just it: Campbell doesn't really believe the use of language is criminal, he's an intelligent chap, he should be able to see what the reviewer was trying to convey, but instead he venomously attacks it. Don't even get me started on Campbell's 'I've worked in the industry, being paid to write reviews' arrogance. His stock has dropped to an all time low in my book. If I were him I'd feel terrible for posting that.

I wouldn't BE Stuart Campbell if he couldn't be the most patronising, condescending person on the planet! Contructive feedback is for weak, FEEBLE minds.