'official Outrun 2 Thread'

peve

So who was the little shit that decided it'd be fun to have to memorise an entire run in order to be able sneak between every cone segment and complete the challenge?

Level 8 can fuck right off.

Otherwise, nice game.

All the cone missions are simple, however, it's the max speed ones that cause me the greatest problems.

Over 25 hours in and still the only game that has been in my Xbox since October 1st.

;)

All the cone missions are simple, however, it's the max speed ones that cause me the greatest problems.

Over 25 hours in and still the only game that has been in my Xbox since October 1st.

;)

The cone gate missions are pretty shit, mainly because the colour of them just doesn't stand out enough.

Some of the missions are a bit poorly done - cones appearing just over rises in the road, numbers obscured behind your countdown timer, coloured-segments which are called FAR too late - or start on parts of the road which are unsighted etc. etc.

None are unbeatable - an A is usually just a matter of a bit of concentration - but getting AAAs is a matter of perfection and memorisation which isn't any fun whatsoever - somewhat harder than PGR2 Platinums in fact!

Must admit I find the Chase Cards "mystery" a bit boll0x too - I hate things put into games which have no explanation - you have to wait for some secret to be unleashed by the developer or something like that - I see no point to it whatsoever.

It seems - from Sols posts here and/or on Gamefaqs - that their "mystery" won't be revealed until the US release has happened - a courtesy I don't ever remember being reversed when Europe lags behind in release terms...

Right Now I've enjoyed-the-hell out of OR2 but as far as I can see the remaining levels unlock Time-Attack routes/reversed routes and not much else - and that doesn't really make me want to memorise every inch of a level and/or play a level for 30mins only to lose-out in the last 100m!!!

That's part of the old-skool feel of the game which could easily have been left out IMO

JP

But the whole point of the game is to memorise layouts, i think the placement of things is probably done on purpose to test you...

...and anyway, its perfectly possible to do all of those kinds of missions first time (with AAA), if your really good at it. Apart from some of the early missions (which are on easy stages) none (with the exception of the ones where you arent allowed to hit anything) of the missions require you to do a perfect run to get an AAA, it might seem like that, but its not the case.

AAAs should be hard to get, thats the whole point, there isnt one single place in this game where its not your fault if you loose. Its perfectly possible to not hit traffic if you try hard enough.

Anyway im off to finish it, just 15 or so more to get on AAAs then we'll see.

Anyone noticed the dodgy spelling that appears on the banners at the GOAL of Imperial Avenue?

CONGRATULATION

WELLCOME TO OUR TOWN

Oh dear...

Surely whilst converting the game, SUMO could have corrected this?

And don't tell me that they never noticed it either...

:P

The cone gate missions are pretty shit, mainly because the colour of them just doesn't stand out enough.

The trick in cone gate missions is to not feel you have to go at top speed all the time. You usually have plenty of time to take it pretty slowly and make all the gates, including reacting to the ones that are in tricky positions. That's the challenge.

It's the max-speed missions that are the real killer.

The trick in cone gate missions is to not feel you have to go at top speed all the time. You usually have plenty of time to take it pretty slowly and make all the gates, including reacting to the ones that are in tricky positions. That's the challenge.

True, I've realised that, but they're still a pain in the arse for me. :P

Yeah. Max speed ones are a pain. Cuz if you lose your speed near the beginning, it's almost impossible to regain it for any of the other parts.

Anyone noticed the dodgy spelling that appears on the banners at the GOAL of Imperial Avenue?

CONGRATULATION

WELLCOME TO OUR TOWN

Oh dear...

Surely whilst converting the game, SUMO could have corrected this?

And don't tell me that they never noticed it either...

Nope, we left it in on purpose. If we'd have changed it, someone would have complained it was no longer Arcade Perfect :D

I do hope it hasn't ruined the game for you though. LOL!

---

Sol

---

Nope, we left it in on purpose. If we'd have changed it, someone would have complained it was no longer Arcade Perfect :D

How true. You know this lot well!

I've been enjoying reading the answers to the numerous questions posted on here, but I've not yet seen this one I'm about to ask posted. (Please ridicule me en-masse if it has already been asked).

Are there any plans to release a patch to reduce the jerkiness of the online play experience?

Crimson Skies for example runs beautifully, even with 16 players online. OR2 on the other hand features some truly terrible frame rates and teleporting cars when running on live.

I'm not mocking the game in any way as there is no chance in a million years of me producing a title as fantastic as this, btu just wondered if plans were afoot for a patch to be release?

Rob

Are there any plans to release a patch to reduce the jerkiness of the online play experience?

Crimson Skies for example runs beautifully, even with 16 players online. OR2 on the other hand features some truly terrible frame rates and teleporting cars when running on live.

Got to second this question. I thought the traffic was removed so as too ensure lag free gaming?

I bought the game on release day, never even took it out of the wrapper and then took it back last Saturday.

Stupid release date so soon after FFXI.

So you bought a game (implying that you must have had some interest in the title), and then took it back to the shop without even playing it?

I'm sorry, but that is stupidity on a grand scale. You weren't even curious as to what you were returning? Bizarre.

I love this game. Being ill all weekend has let me clock up over 10 hours of single player + loads of Live time (racing and the oh-so-addictive Time Attack).

I also find there is minimal lag if you turn catch-up to off.

See you on the scoreboards, kids! And Bring on SP Tours d/l content.

Got to second this question. I thought the traffic was removed so as too ensure lag free gaming?

We're investigating why some people are getting this and others aren't. Once we figure out what is causing it, we'll get it sorted out.

That's about all I can say on this for the moment.

---

Sol

---

Fuck me!

I bought this game last week. Played it untill i saw every single stage and played a few of the mini games... and now i cant be arsed to play it. The handling is waaayy to simple and the stages are to simple and short. The game lacks challange as well.

Biggest disapointment of the year IMO.

Fuck me!

I bought this game last week. Played it untill i saw every single stage and played a few of the mini games... and now i cant be arsed to play it. The handling is waaayy to simple and the stages are to simple and short. The game lacks challange as well.

Biggest disapointment of the year IMO.

Fuck me!

I bought this game last week. Played it until i saw every single stage and played a few of the mini games... and now i cant stop playing it. The handling is amazing and the stages are perfection encompassed. The game packs a real challenge as well.

Game of the year IMO.

:o