IGNORED

'official Outrun 2 Thread'

peve

5hrs 45min with NO slowdown!

I must have a really special Xbox!

This game is amazing.

Mastering the drift is tant-amount to having an orgasm.

Bloody wonderful stuff.

GAME OF THE YEAR!

gotta say i haven't seen any slowdown either and i went looking for it.

it was in the review copy during some of the challenges but not in the final copy. interesting.

Regarding the skipping fmv issue im pretty sure i heard a while ago its due to the xbox being in pal60. Mine does it also seems to be happening to too many of us to be our xboxs playing up.

Mine's in PAL60 mode with no sign of this issue.

I just finished a run through and instead of Jennifer shouting "Woohoo!", the "Seeeeeegaaaaa" jingle from Sonic played.

There are some crazy ass bugs in there. It's the buggiest game I've played since Driv3r, but at least it's not shit. :blink:

Yes you here that jingle when you`ve completed all five endings (A,B,C,D,E) on arcade mode and there will be something waitng for you in your gallery section. As for bugs i haven`t noticed any on the offline side of things but have noticed a couple on the online side.

I've just given the game a quick hour (inbetween bouts of Star Ocean, Burnout 3, Star Wars: Battlefront and Headhunter: Redemption :blink: ) and its cracking fun, still getting used to controlling the drifting but I love the different routes and the heart mode os amazing.

I love weeks off, I can see this being played a whole lot this week :(

It's truly the ultimate chatroom: you can play for hours and hours, and with catch up on, winning is never the emphasis in the game - everyone's got an equal shot, unless they're really rubbish. You just relax, do a few drifts and get to know your opponents. Except opponents isn't the right word, as beating them into the ground just isn't a priority.

Time Trial fans: I'm number 6 on Route 1, and therefore Rllmuk Outrun Champion. Bring it. :blink:

Edit - except I see Lyrical Donut is a member of Rllmuk, and number 4 or thereabouts. Boy is my face red! One to try and beat tomorrow. :(

What the hell are you guys talking about for all these pages? I hope it isn't just spelling mistakes in the manual.

-Jools

We've all been talking about you behind your back. Hope you don't mind!

:blink:

Oh and pointing out the spelling mistake was mightily important to everyones wellbeing.

Well for me anyway I have encountered 2.

Once, I crossed the finnish line on one of the missions just as I started to drift. This for some unknown reason cause the camera to randomly keep flicking from 3rd person to like a birds-eye-view like I had suddenly started to play Micro Machines or somthing. The car just kept jumping all over the place and would not allow me to control it, the race never ended so I had to reset.

Also the same night I was playing with a few fellow rllmukites online and somehow during a race I got transported into an alternate dimension, the entire sky was bright white and the road was only visible for a couple of metres as the whiteness covered half the screen, the white joined the road with a bright blue streak and although the car was still visible it was uncontrolable, just driving itself forwards about a metre, crashing into an invisible wall driving forward again, crashing ad infinum until someone won the race.

Two very wierd bugs after about 3 hours playing the game. Still great fun though, so i'll let them off :blink:

Yes you here that jingle when you`ve completed all five endings (A,B,C,D,E) on arcade mode and there will be something waitng for you in your gallery section. As for bugs i haven`t noticed any on the offline side of things but have noticed a couple on the online side.

Oooh. :blink:

I thought arcade mode was just for shits and giggles but no unlockables where gained.

A minigame seems a bit harsh, but it's a very shallow experience and it gets old very quickly. It's a bubblehead. It's the pretty girl on the party you give a nice screw over but where you discover you haven't got anything to talk about the next morning. A 7/10 if I ever seen one (for the polish, looks and immediacy)

The love-in on this game is bewildering. People are always complaining about style-over-substance, sequels and generic crap racers. And then they all go bonkers over a 20 year old game with some nice graphics.