'official Outrun 2 Thread'

peve

split screen modes in racing games are pap anyway, especially when live and system link goodness awaits. example: BO3 has a split screen mode. can you see what's in front of you? no. it would be better off without it.

Strange. I think we have very different levels of what is acceptable. Me and my mate were playing it for some time on Sunday afternoon and had no such problems with the visuals.

split screen modes in racing games are pap anyway, especially when live and system link goodness awaits. example: BO3 has a split screen mode. can you see what's in front of you? no. it would be better off without it.

But what if there are two gamers in one house?

We already 'take it in turns' on Rainbow 6 :(

I want more split-screen Live games :(

Game wouldn't give me my £3 back off the £37.99 they were charging as I'd forgotten the demo recepit so I've just got back to the office and ordered from simplygames for £28.99 :(

It was £30 in the Game I got it in. Do they not price match stores? It was Sheffield if they do.

Bloody love it. The challenges are great. The "I know i can do better, one more go" factor is quite high. Just getting the hang of drifting now. I was shit at first nad it put me off the game a bit. Definately get's better the better you get.

FOURPOINTFIVEGEEZ.

But BO3 doesn't have system link, and it doesn't let you play with a guest player on XBox Live. Grrrrrrr............ :(

Just had to rant. Sorry.

I have mentioned this before, but we don't do split screen as if the players got split over two different tracks, we'd start running out of memory pretty quick.

Hence, no split screen. Sorry.

---

Sol

---

But what if there are two gamers in one house?

in my circles, everyone has their own xbox (and GC/PS2) and TV anyway, so linkup play is ideal.

as for split screen - there's so much going on in terms of track details that I don't think the game would be very nice to play on half a screen in terms of seeing what's ahead.

Strange. I think we have very different levels of what is acceptable. Me and my mate were playing it for some time on Sunday afternoon and had no such problems with the visuals.

I was playing splitscreen at a meet - at a time when I was enthusiastic about the game (BO3). but I really, truly could NOT see what was coming at all, even in terms of corners, let alone traffic (headlights are not drawn by the engine until it's too late!). I WAS trying :(

I'm sorry, this will sound really lazy, but can someone give me an idea of the unlockable content?  Is it basically extra music, the locked cars and (I hear) some of the OutRun/Turbo tracks?

Click For Spoiler

Daytona2/Scud Race tracks

Original Outrun game

Reverse mode

Dedicated Time Trial runs

I was playing splitscreen at a meet - at a time when I was enthusiastic about the game (BO3). but I really, truly could NOT see what was coming at all, even in terms of corners, let alone traffic (headlights are not drawn by the engine until it's too late!). I WAS trying :(

Fair enough. It may have helped that I was playing it on a Projector so the screen was probably 2metres across by 1.3 metres down. That could have helped a bit. :(

And Sol, never thought about that. Cheers.

:(

You may laugh but she has been at work all day so she has no idea that I have done this!

She's home at 5:00pm - *gulp*

Whilst I await my bollocking I noticed two things -

According to my profile I have been playing the game for 3h 36min. However, it struck me that I have not seen ANY slowdown at all and I'm well into the mission mode too. Is it just confined to LIVE (which I do not have)?

Another pointless observation - the word colourful is spelt 'colorful'.

SOL, surely a British dev company would spell it the English way! :(

I'm playing in 60Hz - no slowdown at all on any stage (except on Live, where it skips frames rather than slows down.) haven't played the Scud or Daytona ones yet though.

There was definate slowdown on the first set of bonus stages in mission mode on the review version.

I have mentioned this before, but we don't do split screen as if the players got split over two different tracks, we'd start running out of memory pretty quick.

Hence, no split screen. Sorry.

---

Sol

---

Isn't that a bit of a misleading excuse? Online race routes are decided by which way the leading car goes... couldn't you just have done that for split-screen? Can't you just admit that it wasn't technically possible to get a split-screen mode running well?

Love your game, by the way, but my girlfriend's well annoyed that she can't join in races with me.