IGNORED

Car Boots! 21/22 August

El Pibe

Well I thought I would start one off as I thought I'd try out a Saturday boot for a change. It was quite good and, rather nicely, seemingly devoid of pikeys!

A number of N64s and PSOnes around but I am running short of space so kept purchases to a minimum!

Worms A, Medieval, Time Crisis and Gun - £7 all boxed and lovely nick.

Turned down a limited edition Ico for a tenner, but I just checked ebay and ddn't realise it went for so much! ;) Don't normally buy to sell, but wish i had in that instance.

Didn't go booting as the GF's been away, and we spent quality time looking at shoes. Still, met up with one of her mates who had a present for me - a minty Allstars SNES pack (and I mean collectors level mint - inserts, polys, bags, everything!), with a couple of games and bridge adaptor for imports. All for the princely sum of a chinese. GET IN.

Might head out in the morning - weather dependant, I think.

I fancy some of this car boot action but have no idea if they have them round here and if they do where they have them. Where's the best place to find out about local car boots?

Defo local paper, that's where I get mine from.

Normally on a Friday.

Pm'ed with address. Please send ASAP. ;)

:D

yeah, yeah... seriously though, it's [max from hart to hart] goyguss [/max from hart to hart]. cabled it up for the GF and she's hammering her way through Plok (oh yes - the Pickford brothers classic!).

Sometimes collecting retro stuff is just great...

I almost went to my first car boot sale* this morning, but when it came to the crunch, I just couldn't be bothered to drag myself out of bed. I mean, I guess you have to get to these things EARLY to really get the bargains.

* Not the first car boot sale that I've ever been to in my life; rather the first one with the intention of actively hunting down retro gaming goodness.

Picked up a Saturn (no leads and 1 bust up joypad), Guardian Heroes, Parodius, Athlete Kings, Bug, and Alien Trilogy (all in pretty shite condition) for a paltry fiver. SCORE! I also picked up Contra 3 (JPN) for the SNES for £2. Best wee haul I've had in a while.

This is why I want to take a look around at these things.

Picked up a Saturn (no leads and 1 bust up joypad), Guardian Heroes, Parodius, Athlete Kings, Bug, and Alien Trilogy (all in pretty shite condition) for a paltry fiver. SCORE! I also picked up Contra 3 (JPN) for the SNES for £2. Best wee haul I've had in a while.

not fair, GH is worth a mint :)

Ok, only went to one today, car was playing up (just about made it back!)

PS1 (£1 each)

GTA London

Die Hard Trilogy (platinum)

Die Hard Trilogy 2

Star Wars Dark Forces

Toca Touring Car (got this from a stall about 10 metres from someone who wanted £10 for it :) )

Tunnel B1

Gran Turismo (realised i dont actually own it!)

PS1 £2 each

Command & Conquer Red Alert

Destruction Derby 2

Mega Drive (!)

Brian Lara Cricket 96 mint £2 (been after that for ages)

and my bargain of the day (er, in my book, you dont get many inside the M25!)

I was on my way back after going round the stalls and i saw out of the corner of my eye on top of a shoe box...

Unboxed Sega Saturn in good nick, 1 controller, and even the RF lead (!)

Actua Gold

Grid Run (Never heard of it!)

Bust a Move 2 Arcade Edition

Keio 2 Flying Squadron (never heard of it!)

Mighty Hits (need a gun now!)

Theme Park

Sonic Jam

How much for the above?

£3.50 :(

Cant believe it was still there especially as i was on my way back to the car

What i saw but couldnt be bothered with

Master System plus 5 games £15

N64 £20

SNES (aint seen one for ages) £10. I want a boxed one though

Loads of psx games but although i'm trying to build up my collection, i'm trying to only get ones in good to mint condition

I also saw a mega drive with a few games, nowt unusual in that i suppose but it also had an add on thingy which had a cartridge slot and some sort of Card reader. Too late now but does anyone know what it is?

I hate getting up early like the next person but its the only way to pick up the bargains. I used to get to this same boot market around 9.30 - 10 and more often than not come back empty handed (which obviously pleases the missus!) but since i started to get there at 8am i've had a lot more success.

Off for a sleep in minute, just gonna test the above

I also saw a mega drive with a few games, nowt unusual in that i suppose but it also had an add on thingy which had a cartridge slot and some sort of Card reader. Too late now but does anyone know what it is?

A Barcode Battler in the box of Megadrive stuff? Or a magic drive disc copier for Megadrive. One you'll kick yourself for not getting, the other you wont.

Got a Very good condition boxed Megadrive and 4 games £5. A box of with a playstation and megadrive plus quite a few games for £25 will sort out in the week. A couple of jap megadrive games inc. Fire mustang which I have been looking for. A boxed gamegear with 17 games 11 of them boxed inc sonic drift which I didnt have. Some boxed Amiga games and a 1200 £7 did not need it just got into the swing of beating the pikeys to the stuff. It felt just like old times

Awful morning for gaming stuff.

Gameboy Color with 1 game - £6

Konami Open Golf + Vandal Hearts on PS1 - £3

Boxed Sonic and Knuckles - £1

Few other PS1 games - £few quid!!

Did get a Kyosho Snakebite nitro RC truck though for £20. Needs a few bits to make it work but otherwise in very good condition.

Rich

Not Brilliant.

SNES with Mario Allstars, Mario world, Cybernator, and 3 other games.... £5

Megadrive boxed good £8

Mario Kart N64 unboxed £1

Super MArio Sunshine GC, Luigis MAnsion £5 each

PSOne and about 4 games, mem cards £15

Final Fantasy Vi PS1 - £1.50

Beano and Dandy Summer Specials 1970 - 25p each

A few good bits this weekend.

Superb condition Saturn (everyone seems to have got a Saturn this weekend!), unboxed but - oddly enough - still bagged up, ties, instructions and the like. Came with 8 games (all minty too), but nowt rare, and (best of all) a lovely boxed, bagged and complete Hori Saturn Fighting Stick. Lovely.

Also got a Megadrive with a couple of pads and games for £4. PS2 R-Type Final for a fiver, the Animatrix DVD for £2, and a pair of Super Mario Brothers mugs for £1. But nothing's better than that stick. It's great...