IGNORED

New R.e.m. Single

cyd charisse

From the link on the official site >>> http://www.remhq.com/html/

I think I like it. Yes, I think I might consider it a return to form. It's certainly R.E.M. doing what R.E.M. does best. On first listen it reminded me of Fretless and various Automatic for the People songs, and then I thought it sounded like the old IRS R.E.M., but a little bit more mature (naturally).

I wasn't expecting much from the new album, but now I'm expecting the best album they've made for 12 years. It's nice to have the proper R.E.M. back.

(PS. It will only come out as R.e.m. on the thread title ... what's that all about?)

Cheers for that.

I thought it might be quite alright - Bad Day was a step in the right direction again and this is hopefully following that. Picked up "Reveal" recently for £3 and almost chucked it in the bin I thought it was that bad.

Im in no way expecting it to be better than their IRS stuff. Im guessing it'll be pointless even trying to compare it.

Being pleasantly suprised would be good enough.

Can anyone tell me the name of an REM song that was released at the same time as Keep the Faith from Bon Jovi and featured the singer (of REM) crowd surfing?.

The lyrics went something like:

'Hey Kid'

'Break a leg'

'No-one's going to tell you what to do..baby'

Or something like that , it was a long time ago, I've been after the song for ages.

Can anyone tell me the name of an REM song that was released at the same time as Keep the Faith from Bon Jovi and featured the singer (of REM) crowd surfing?.

The lyrics went something like:

'Hey Kid'

'Break a leg'

'No-one's going to tell you what to do..baby'

Or something like that , it was a long time ago, I've been after the song for ages.

That'd be Drive off of Automatic for the People...

Cheers for that.

I thought it might be quite alright - Bad Day was a step in the right direction again and this is hopefully following that. Picked up "Reveal" recently for £3 and almost chucked it in the bin I thought it was that bad.

Im in no way expecting it to be better than their IRS stuff. Im guessing it'll be pointless even trying to compare it.

Being pleasantly suprised would be good enough.

Bad Day was just a rewrite of 'The End of the World as we Know It'

Was still great though...

I loved Reveal tho'...I'll Take the Rain is one of the bands best track imho

Certainly far better then Up or Monster anyway

New single is pleasant...probably needs a few more listens

I like it. It's not as immediately good as some of their other stuff, but it's growing on me.

I really liked the HiFi/Up phase to be honest. Reveal was okay (All The Way To Reno is cool) but this new tune seems a return to a more downbeat mood. 'Around The Sun' eh? Not a bad title either.

REM peaked with LRP. Still one of my all time bestest albums.

Green was great, though had a few makeweight tracks on it, after that it was all down hill, baby. Slowly at first with OOT and AFTP, but then like a race car in the red with Monster and its turgid ilk.

Can't see them ever returning to their glory days of 86-90. Ah, the Green tour. Saw 4 gigs. Magic.