Burnout 3

Sng

ha 170 is lucky.

i'm at 115ish but i'm just bored with single player now.

all i have left are crash junctions and i really don't want to do them. too tedious. perhaps i should have mixed them with the racing instead of just shooting through that part.

also i found the Gold World Prix hard. The circuit racers are shit.

First thing I did when I got the game was 100% the Crash Junctions! Never had the second game so was really looking forward to playing crash mode. Multiplayer crash mode adds so much more, shame in the online version(PS2) you can only repeat the first juntion when playing multiple rounds.

Havent played too much offline, 35% complete.

But last night, oooh, what a bitch. USA track, the one at the far right, going for my last gold in Downtown I think its called in the Euro Racer, got to get under 50 secs for gold, Grrrrrrr. Got so close so many times, every time I thought I got the measure of the junction with the crossover traffic I would arrive at it at a slightly different time meaning the traffic flow was slighly different. Only just got it done at 12:45am last night, so gla cause Im not sure when I would of called it quits.

Annoyingly I thought I was going to get the Euro racer for my efforts but I didnt, turns out you need to get all the takedown medals to be able to use it :P

A quick question for you lot- does it make any difference (unlockable wise) if you win a GP with all gold medals?

This may have been answered before- but 63 pages? No chance...

To a degree. For all the good stuff at the end you need golds. But in general play you'll unlock stuff with money/burnout points regardless of bronze, silver or gold

To a degree. For all the good stuff at the end you need golds. But in general play you'll unlock stuff with money/burnout points regardless of bronze, silver or gold

I think what he's asking is whether it makes any difference whether you win a GP, or whether you win the individual races. As far as I know it is only the overall position in the GP that counts.

When I say my online ranking has gone, it',s not that it',s dropped, it just displays to me as ',------',. :P

Like you say, the ranking is irrelevant. Used to be a big deal for me with games like Ghost Recon and Amped 2, but not so much anymore, especially with Burnout where anything can - and will - happen to the stability of the online game.

Once you go below a certain number of points, the game simply stops assigning you a rank.

As I keep saying, the ranking system is entirely fucked, based as it is upon the amount of time spent playing rather than skill at the game. PGR2 is similar, but it wisely assigns a simple figure to the number of points you have, rather than comparing you to every other player on Earth on an ever-changing scale that can see you plummet ten thousand places if you go for a fortnight without playing.

Ranking systems are not easy, and trying to put poeple in some well defined order just screws things up, and unless you have some kind of handicapping system you reallly have to be careful.

If there was a handicapping system then you can do a ranking system by allowing people to enter the system with a sort of self assessed rank and then games against other people gradually pull that rank up or down based on the comparative ranks. The only problem you then have is that you may get large groups who tend to play amongst themselves who have ranks consistent with each other but not with the rest of the world.

I',m at about 98% and its far too frustrating offline now. A grand prix with the Indy Car and a 3:50 preview lap with the same car

Me too. The last few GP races and burning laps are a bitch.

I',ve got all golds on the crash junctions though, which admitedlly isn',t hard, just a case of chugging through them.

Hopefully be back online tonight to check out the lobby ',fix',.

I',ve got all golds on the crash junctions though, which admitedlly isn',t hard, just a case of chugging through them.

I',ve got all the crash golds except for a couple of ones with multiple junctions on Silver Lake. It',s so frustrating to be so close, and then to get wiped out in traffic each time I try. Just can',t seem to get the hang of them. Is the reward car worth it?

so is it fixed?

is it fuck.

I spent like over an hour continually trying to get a game.

Kept getting logged out or told that there hadn't been input for a while so I was being logged out etc etc.

I got to play one game in the end and after that got the same old error messages again. EA can go fuck themselves. For the inevitable twat that says least the singlep player game is good, I bought it to play online mostly. I wouldn't pay £30 quid for yet another single player racing game. I'm going to fire of a complaint to MS and EA, sell the game and not touch another fucking EA title untill they sort out Live. The fucking cunts.

And it's no use telling me to try when it's less busy. Why should I have to structure my gaming time around EA's server load?

cunts cunts cunts

is it fuck.

I spent like over an hour continually trying to get a game.

Kept getting logged out or told that there hadn't been input for a while so I was being logged out etc etc.

I got to play one game in the end and after that got the same old error messages again. EA can go fuck themselves. For the inevitable twat that says least the singlep player game is good, I bought it to play online mostly. I wouldn't pay £30 quid for yet another single player racing game. I'm going to fire of a complaint to MS and EA, sell the game and not touch another fucking EA title untill they sort out Live. The fucking cunts.

And it's no use telling me to try when it's less busy. Why should I have to structure my gaming time around EA's server load?

cunts cunts cunts

Agree totally, i cant bear to play this online its just too frustrating getting a decent game. Its completley ruined the online element and meant ive lost interest in it now with the fact ive completed 96% of it offline. Really disappointed to hear nothing has changed.

Agree totally, i cant bear to play this online its just too frustrating getting a decent game. Its completley ruined the online element and meant ive lost interest in it now with the fact ive completed 96% of it offline. Really disappointed to hear nothing has changed.

I barely even manage to sign in now it's so bad. How can EA sit tight and do absolutely nothing about this?

This is really bizarre. I must be really lucky because the last two times I played I managed to have at least an hour session for both times with my friends. Wasn't kicked off at any point and it all worked perfectly, and all on a UK server as well

But yeah, things have to be sorted if people are still having problems.

Whether it's working or not, the fact is most people have given up on it online meaning that the online community for my most anticipated game of 2004 is now completely fucked. A server patch will be too late to bring most people back, and the first few weeks before everyone gets good are the best time for an XBL game. Massively disappointing.

Just getting back to the game itself, is anyone else struggling with some of the later stages? My controller S took a significant turn for the worse, as upon what felt like my 100th attempt, I crashed my F1 car only to see my 1st position turn to 5th with not even constant boosting getting me back inside the top three before the end of the race. Of course the game is supposed to get harder, but the later levels force you to take racing risks and constant boosting to get inside the top three, and then punishes the hell out of you for crashing so much as once. Don't get me wrong, I stand by Burnout 3 as one of the best arcade racers there has ever been, but I'd be hard pressed to say I've actually been enjoying the game since hitting the fastest cars. Which is a shame, as I loved the Muscle series and road rage is excellent.

Anyone else feel my pain, or should I just sit back and let the U R TEH SUXXOR posts roll in :(

I've been going through the same thing Robo 1, I can't do better than a bronze on that F1 car series and I normally manage to go from 1st to 5th on the last corner or something.

As a result I've stopped playing it now, which is a shame.

Its also massively annoying how the computer drivers never crash when you aren't with them but when you are they crash quite frequently. and at a certain point (about 7 seconds) its impossible to ever catch up.