IGNORED

Boot fairs 8/8/2004

Bluejam

Just went to one big one today - stinking hot, and not a lot of stuff to be honest.

Just got a Megadrive - mainly for the games

Megadrive 1, Cables, 2 Pads

Virtua Racing

Road Rash 2

Speedball 2 <_<

Flashback

Taz: Escape from Mars

Aladdin

and, oddly, a Japanese copy of QuackShot and a convertor to play it with

£10

Other than that all I saw were a couple of NESs with 8 or so unboxed games for £15, a nice Master System collection of boxed games + system for £15 and the usual collection of bad PS1 titles.

No pikeys or anything (I'm in the middle of surrey anyway) There was a very pretty girl who seemed to be interested in gaming stuff, so I stalked her for a bit. I also saw some guy, also looking at gaming kit, who was the spitting image of me, which was kinda freaky.

Ok, ready now <_<

Wasnt that bothered about going today but its a nice morning so what the hell. Only went to one (my usual). Got there about 8am (rather sadly)

Walking round and i saw a Mega Drive with quite a few games. I've really fancied a game of Virtua Racing and that was with it. £10 for this lot...

mega.jpg

Left it to pick up later (couldnt be bothered to take it round with me and i'd only just got there)

Few more stalls down and i saw an unboxed Saturn with the usual games. Some bloke was hogging it so i thought "sod it" and carried on. Within a minute i saw a Boxed one but it was well hidden in very good nick. I asked how much (expecting £15-20) only to be told "er, um, a fiver".

Quickly bought it as you can imagine

And here it is...

saturn.jpg

Nowt else about, saw ANOTHER Amstrad CPC with about 20 games, joystick and a monitor but i just couldnt be arsed. May regret it now as it was only a tenner. I did see a girl who was the spitting image of Katie Holmes though. Lovely. Seeing a nice bird at a boot sale is as rare as seeing a Vectrex :P

Anyways, I go back to pick up my megadrive and the woman tells me "Theres a problem, theres a lead missing" (the RF lead)."i'll knock some money off it if you want"

"How much"

"er, how about a fiver for the lot"

"oh, ok then" :)

I was quite pleased with my haul until i get home and get the Saturn out the box

THERES NO RF LEAD WITH IT EITHER!!!!

What i it with RF leads and Segas!

I'm picking up another Saturn soon but in the meantime, any idea where i can get RF / Scart Leads for a megadrive and saturn?

Neo Geo Pocket with boxed Pacman, Sonic and Turf Masters - £10

SNES with 10 boxed and 3 unboxed games - £3

Gameboy color with boxed Pokemon Crystal and psu etc - £10

Pandemonium 2, FF VII, FF IX, Final Doom and Sim City 2000 - £11

Snes with 15 unboxed games (Inc Terranigma) + another free snes thrown in (terrible condition) - £20

Boxed N64 with 1 game, extra pad, rumble and case - £5

As usual got other non gaming bits.

Rich

*sighs* You can always trust Ricardo to put the rest of our car boot finds to shame <_<

mr square - sounds like you did pretty well though. Did you get chatting to the good looking girl who was into games or was it pure boot sale stalking?

Nice to see Benito following in my footsteps, and instead of getting up early, having a ruddy good lie-in. Good find with regards to Mr Driller 2!

Rob

*sighs* You can always trust Ricardo to put the rest of our car boot finds to shame <_<

He he! I ain't half becoming hard work though. I though my favorite boot had been invaded by pikeys this morning as I was looking at a boxed N64 with a few games. A whole family of "that sort" came and started to look over it all too. Luckily I didn't see them again though.

Not gonna go near the afternoon boots as it's already WAY too hot out there.

Rich

seriously you guys must live in stupidville. I went to a bigish rural boot and what did I see:

A couple of traders with high prices, a few shitty sports games for N64 and nes for a couple of quid each and a pink N64 unboxed for £20. A few standard crap PS1 games for £5 as usual aswell.

<_<

It was raining, so didnt go today <_<

Last week bought a boxed NES with about 8 games for £10. Traded just the NES at Gamestation for £18, so paid 2 quid more and got R-Type Final.

Still got the NES games, as Gamestation only offered 50p each, and the games are things like Super Mario Bros 3, Duck Tales, etc. Will take them to Software Centre or whatever its called in Cardiff next Saturday.

Hello

Well it's a smashing day isn't it?

Anyway, decided to pick up this lot today

Atari 2600 - 3 boxed parker games, 2 unboxed activision games, paddles, £3

gamecube - warioworld and crystal chronicles - £5 each mint.

Snes + 13 games, unboxed £5

Bust a groove, allied general, street fighter collection 2, grandia - another 10 or so psone games £10 (pikey family walked past the bust a groove and allied general shows how much they know doesn't it?)

Nice boxed n64, games memory upgrade pack inside £10

ps2 silent hill 2 - £3

1st party big xbox pad and 1945 pt1 and 2 on ps2 £9

gameboy battletoads boxed.

pile of pc games - all from 2003 all DVD cased stuff like Zoo Tycoon - 50p each.

In addition to this the guy had a pile of nice star wars books that were 50p each so I got them and will flog them to the sad types at work tomorow.

Pile of ps2 review code discs - all beta stuff in those orange covers they send beta games out in - stuff like FFx in there and GT3. £5

Pile of nice paranormal and ufo books - signed Nick Redfern and Tim Good stuff plus a coupel of M.Ali boxing books and a Chuck D book.

Couple of nice figuries for the missus - queue one happy missus.

The bad

pikeys - taken to asking anyone if they had old consoles etc as they come into the boot sale now when queuing up. also plenty of competion this week and a couple fo the cd's and dvd buyers have moved in on games as well.

The good

Car boot king for entertaining me and letting me have the 2600 stuff even though it was his work that found it.

Overall, good day, not too taxing.....

seriously you guys must live in stupidville. I went to a bigish rural boot and what did I see:

:D

Thats the thing, the big ones attract the traders and the "thats £20 mate, as its rare" gang

The one i go to is about a 20 minute drive away but off the beaten track. Has about 100-150 stalls and only one or two traders. The more genuine "clearing out the loft" people selling, the better it is

I used to go to a massive one which would take about 2 hours to go round right out in the sticks and apart from a few occasions i would always came back empty handed.

Still, i look forward to the day when i find a mint rubber keyed speccy or a atari 2600!

Lovely day!?!

It's pissing with rain here in the South West :D Went to the afternoon boot but there was nothing there, at all, games related other than a copy of Viewtiful Joe for £20.

Yep, the Mr Driller 2 was a great find as it's getting rare now AND it's bloody good B)

Yep, the Mr Driller 2 was a great find as it's getting rare now AND it's bloody good B)

Was it used or new?

Just wondering as the local game may have some in if it's new and this is a sell off..

Go go Driller!

Well, didn't get anything at the boots, as i didn't manage to get to one (grrrr, bloody vehicle fires...).

however, had a visit to a random Game, picked up PS1 Theme Hospital and Lemmings / Oh No More Lemmings, and DC Sonic Adventure 2 for £12 total. Happy enough with that :D

Roll on next week!

Not such a good day for me today, despite a promising start with Saturn Nights and Christmas Nights for a pound a piece very early on.

Picked up a SNES with a boxed Mario Kart and 3 others for £7, some PS2 promos (not copies, full length games) - Contra and Auto Modellista for £3 each and a nice pile of 5 PS2 games for £2 each right at the end of the morning after employing the 'ask seller if they have any video games whilst they unpack' strategy.

The competition has taken things one stage further now by hitching a ride into the boot sale early every week with one of the sellers...

Magicaldrop

Decided to visit my local this week - wandered around 90% of the fair and found nothing (par for the course to be honest). Picked up:

Terminator MD for £2

Final Fantasy VII PS1 for £2

Was hastily making my way out to get to work when the sight of a NES stopped me. Walked over to the stall, when to my eyes would appear a copy of "Secret of Mana" for SNES. So I ask the guy how much, and he tells me there was more in the box. So my best lot for the day:

SNES: Secret of Mana, Mystic Quest, Zelda Link to the Past, Flashback, Chaos Engine, Young Merlin, Pitfall, Super Battleship, and a manual to go with my Super Probotector cart - £30 the lot

Alright that was a hefty tag but the SoM and MQ games were worth the price alone :-) In the end I ignored the NES.. and the Atari 2600 also there.. and I was late for work too.. doh!

M.

Alright that was a hefty tag but the SoM and MQ games were worth the price alone :-)

They were worth it - if your happy and you got something that you wanted I don't think you have to justify anything to anyone.

Was it used or new?

Just wondering as the local game may have some in if it's new and this is a sell off..

It was pre-owned.

I bought it because I fancied it but a quick look at Ebay and it goes for around £30. The Game website has it as 'Out of Stock' but my local did have one copy in, at £19.99 new. Great game, am addicted! B)

(pikey family walked past the bust a groove and allied general shows how much they know doesn't it?)

I could write on the back of a stamp what those pikeys know :)

Car boot king for entertaining me and letting me have the 2600 stuff even though it was his work that found it

The pikeys were pissing everyone off again today, in a big way - glad I found 213 this morning to keep me motivated :D

The sun got the better of me today, did just 2 boot sales over the weekend, got the following:

SNES

Super Mario World (loose)

Lemmings 2 : Tribes (loose)

Aladdin (loose)

Scope 6 (cart only - loose)

Import Adaptor + Contra 3 [ntsc] (both loose)

Super Gameboy (loose)

- £10 the lot

PS1

Digimon : Digimon World

Power Rangers : Time Force

Harry Potter

Street Fighter 2 Collection

Viper

Bugs Bunny

Dune

Galaga

Starsweep

Lemmings 3D

Doom

Wing Commander 3

007 World Is Not Enough

Frogger

- between £1 and £2 each

Gameboy Advance SP

Light Blue SP (boxed and complete) - £45

SNES

Console (loose) + 1 official pad + cables

Mario All-stars (loose)

Star Wing (loose)

PGA Tour 96 (loose)

Super Mario World (loose)

Plok (loose)

Thomas The Tank Engine (loose)

- £9 the lot

Gameboy Color

Green console (boxed and complete) - £10

Zelda : Oracle Of Ages (loose) - £3

Nintendo 64

Console (loose) + 3 official pads + cables

- cheeky £5 the lot

Dreamcast

F1 Grand Prix (complete)

Skateboarding (complete)

- 50p the lot

Gameboy Color

Pink console (loose)

Harry Potter (loose)

- £9 the lot

PSone

Console + 2 official pads + cables

- £8 nice clean example

Nintendo 64

Official pad + Power supply - £2

SNES

Console (loose) + 2 official pad + cables

Slam Masters (loose)

Starwars (loose)

Mario Kart (loose)

Bomberman (loose)

T2 (loose)

Also NES games (no console):

Top Gun (loose)

Master Blaster (loose)

Excitebike (loose)

Lemmings (loose)

Turtles (loose)

Days Of Thunder (loose)

- £9 the lot

Nintendo 64

Console (loose) + 3 official pads + cables

Mario Kart (loose)

Super Mario (loose)

South Park (loose)

- £12 the lot

Other Things

Viva Los Simpsons - £1

No doubt missed a lot of stuff from the afternoon boot sale, but like others were saying, it was just too hot. The pikeys must have done well ;)

Regards

Went to 7 car boots this weekend, I think quality over quantity is the best way to describe this weekend!!!

So here goes –

Atari 800xl with original booklets

Star raiders cart

Missile command cart

Submarine commander cart

Super Mario land SNES cart (don’t ask)

All for £5

Final fantasy vii

Mortal kombat trilogy

Loaded

Ps1 games

£4 the lot

Boxed master system with original manual

Ghostbusters

Asterix

F1 grand prix

Sonic

All games are boxed with instructions

£5

Megadrive with sonic cart and no RF lead

N64 with F1 cart and no RF lead

Both for the bargain price of £3, that’s right just £3 for both consoles.

As toneeb I am now desperately seeking RF cables!!!!! ;)

Boxed Saturn gun

£3

Boxed SNES shoulder gun thing (can’t remember what it is called) complete with 6 games on a cart

£3

Megadrive 2 with booklet

Moonwalker boxed

Pit Fighter boxed

£5

(Was just going to have the games for £1 each, however he had no change so I got the Megadrive as well)

Goldstar 3DO boxed with instructions

PGA golf absolutely mint!!

FIFA soccer golf absolutely mint!!

All for £8 :D

Star Trek PS1 game

£2

Gran Turismo 2 ps1 game mint condition

£1

Amiga CD 32 with about 5 games and a shed load of demos

£5 :(

RF lead (I needed this!!!)

50p

Amstrad CPC 464 with monitor and loads and loads of games

Including –

Golden axe

Double dragon

Monty pythons flying circus

£5 :)

I really want to sell this!!!

I didn’t buy –

Megadrive and Mega CD 2 with 8-10 games for £25 (lost badgers phone number, but I don’t think he would have wanted this anyway)

Boxed NES with wrestling game and no RF lead for £7

Loads and loads of over priced Playstations

Didn’t do to bad.

Anybody know where I can get some RF leads on the cheap?

Hi Magicaldrop

The competition has taken things one stage further now by hitching a ride into the boot sale early every week with one of the sellers...

Magicaldrop

Some pikeys I see every other week, have been doing that for over a year! There is one boot sale I sometimes go to, well its more of an antiques fair, no buyers until all the sellers have set-up.

Surprise, surprise - they have a stall there every week now... Its just so annoying though now, as at last count they had 8 kids with them... It is funny though, when you see one of the kids buying an old battered Megadrive and 3 copies of Fifa!

at the end of the morning after employing the 'ask seller if they have any video games whilst they unpack' strategy

You wait until they unpack, oh the shame of it - your meant to annoy them in the car park while they are waiting to get in - well that's what the pikeys I see do :)

Regards

One must wonder if these pikeys have any kind of strategy...

My guess would be they think old systems are worth more money than genuine boot fair sellers would sell them for. In some cases they'd probably be right - but from the experiences I've had at my local (which is absolutely CHOCKA with pikeys and weekly traders), half the time they'll buy everything regardless of how much it costs (employing the age-old "wear the seller down" technique of course) - and presumably manage to flog it for more than it's really worth elsewhere.

And as the "Bust a Groove" example shows - they're probably so wrapped up in stupidity they probably think the WWFs and Gran Turismos of the fair are worth more than the likes of Radiant Silvergun or Panzer Dragoon Saga. I mean what kind of a game that can't spell Dragon right could be worth anything? :-)

Blind luck.

M.

Yep, the pikeys/traders where I go do seem to just buy anything, yet they don't really have 'the knowledge', but do stick to their prices.

For example, they seem to buy ANY Playstation game that is £2-3, however I was stood watching a winged monkey sorting through some PSOne games and the woman wanted £4 each and wouldn't budge. The winged monkey turned down Bust-a-Groove and Devil Dice for £4 each. I got them £7 for the pair.

What makes me laugh is that there is this one trader and he will walk up and buy any Playstation games he sees...I saw him sweep 10 into his, already bulging, bag and hand over £20 just a few weeks ago. I thought 'I'd love to see his stall he must have some great games.' That afternoon there he was with large cardboard boxes packed with Playstation games. The whole lot were over-priced rubbish. I couldn't believe there wasn't a single decent game in there. I have seen his stall a few times since and he always seems to have all the same games he had before and more. I wonder how long it will be until he realises that there isn't a great deal of money in PS games, unless they're the right games.

What annoys me about the pikeys is not the way they buy loads of stuff, that's fair enough, but the way they clamber into people's cars, unpack their bags and sort through their boxes...the second they open the boot of their car. It's especially annoying when you see them doing this to a little old lady or a mum with two kids, who she is trying to control. They are like vultures and it's incredibly rude.

A few times I have stepped in and said something along the lines of 'Steady on, give her a chance to unpack.' Sometimes they get annoyed at this and sometimes they get embarassed and walk off.