New leisure suit larry

Spunky Monkey

http://www.ngage-user.com/content/newsinfo.asp?id=16

Nokia today announced that it will co-publish and develop Leisure Suit Larry™: Pocket Party for the N-Gage platform. Based on Vivendi Unviersal Games’ classic Leisure Suit Larry series, the N-Gage offering is a 3D adventure that challenges gamers to help Larry get the ‘action’ he so desperately craves.

Leisure Suit Larry: Pocket Party is the first handheld version of the series and contains gameplay and features that are only available on the N-Gage platform. In addition to the steamy situations and dialogue, the game is the first N-Gage title to feature cell-shading. Leisure Suit Larry: Pocket Party is expected to be released in November 2004.

“Leisure Suit Larry is one of the most loved – and pitied – video game characters of all time and has a fanatically loyal fan base,” said Pasi Pölönen, Director, Games Publishing, Nokia. “Nokia is thrilled to bring such addictive, hilarious gameplay, to gamers.”

Gamers assume the role of Larry Lovage, nephew of the original Larry Laffer, and are immediately challenged by Larry’s lack of social skills, charm, style and luck. In Leisure Suit Larry: Pocket Party, players explore an extensive and highly detailed 3D college campus, while solving puzzles and engaging in risqué activities. As they search for the ultimate good time, gamers bump into Rosie Palmer, the head cheerleader at Larry’s college. Attempting to win over Rosie’s heart, Larry is thoroughly embarrassed by her jock boyfriend Chuck Rockwell --humiliation never stopped Larry before and he is determined to do anything to be with Rosie.

Leisure Suit Larry: Pocket Party features more than 30 hours of gameplay, 10 outrageous characters, and non-stop steamy dialogue and situations. In addition to Larry, Rosie and Chuck, players will encounter other hysterical personalities such as Loosey, the hot, manipulative cheerleader, Nigh T. Mishons, Larry’s soda-guzzling, video game playing friend and Professor Drew Barringmore who prefers letting it all hang out.

Leisure Suit Larry: Pocket Party offers gamers the opportunity to test their social skills against others via head-to-head Bluetooth multiplayer gaming including up to four turn-based two-player mini-games .

Leisure Suit Larry: Pocket Party is being developed by TKO Software, and co-published by Vivendi Universal Games and Nokia.

Play a movie file on any one of them machines without an add on. Go on try it. Emulation is fast catching up on the gp32 with the mega drive already emulated with sound. And its not crippling, you can buy an ngage qd for under 100 pounds without a contract. Plus it has the added benefit of being able to text and make phone calls, which none of the above can do.

Im not gona bother trying to convert people, if you hate it, you hate it, but theres no need to moan about it in every thread thats slightly ngage related.

i was in fact replying to Napole0n in my first reply.

Anyways just because a machine doesnt interest you, doesnt mean it wont others, the ngage has a radio funcion on it, something i'll never ever use, same with mp3's (got a mini disc for that) yet to someone else its a wonderful extra they'll gain loads from.

But for now, we'll agree to disagree.

And decider, get the latest version of picodrive, think you can pick it up from my-symbian.com

Another reason not to buy an N-Gage then.

Damn it, you beat me to that comment! :ph34r:

why is it another reason? loads of people love the LSL games, im fed up of people putting down a machine which is pretty great once people spend 5 minutes with the thing.

Unless Al Lowe has got something to do with it (he won't - VU wouldn't even let him work on Magna Cum Laude) it's practically guaranteed to be shit.

nokias radios in phones is one of the most desperate checklist additions ever. I mean the thing probably costs about 10p to add and its shoved in to nearly every one of the phones just so they can add yet another feature and a pretty pointless one at that.

Play a movie file on any one of them machines without an add on. Go on try it. Emulation is fast catching up on the gp32 with the mega drive already emulated with sound. And its not crippling, you can buy an ngage qd for under 100 pounds without a contract. Plus it has the added benefit of being able to text and make phone calls, which none of the above can do.

Im not gona bother trying to convert people, if you hate it, you hate it, but theres no need to moan about it in every thread thats slightly ngage related.

Play a movie file on an N-GAGE without additional cost/additions to the hardware.

Oh, you can't?

Yes, that's where you lose out Sacky, what a weak weak point. :D

Plus the screen is tiny, I can get an SP with games for less than £100, which also has more and better games.

Fast catching up? The GP32 is there. So why settle for something that can't fully do what a competitor can?

all ill say is the qd is a great little device, its a decent mobile phone that fits easy in my pocket, with the added benefit of playing many games and movie/music files etc. i always have it on me cos its a phone, so is always there when i have time for a quick blast on a game. which is a lot more than i can say for my poor old sp, left at home all the time with no one to love it.

Play a movie file on an N-GAGE without additional cost/additions to the hardware.

Oh, you can't?

Yes, that's where you lose out Sacky, what a weak weak point. :D

Plus the screen is tiny, I can get an SP with games for less than £100, which also has more and better games.

Fast catching up? The GP32 is there. So why settle for something that can't fully do what a competitor can?

But you can, most ngages come with a 16/32 meg card that contains some crappy snowboarding game, delete that and you have a free memory card with which to put all your movie files on and which play through the ngage with no extra software needing to be bought/downloaded.

You can get an sp second hand with a few games for under hundred, then again you can say the same about an ngage if you look around, or a ps2 or what.

The GBA may have a larger selection of games, but larger is not always better as the ps2 shows. Sure i'll agree its lacking on the games front but when theres mame, nes, mega drive emulation then im quite happy with it.

Try and buy a gp32 here...oh wait you cant.

Anyways the ngage has enough on it for me to enjoy, especially the ability to play movies on it while im on the train.