controversial opinions on music

The smiths never wrote a good tune

Johnny cash's cover of hurt is laughably bag.

Hallelujah is the worst song on Jeff buckleys 'grace' album

Muse are better than radiohead in every respect

Heavy metal, while defined by its aggression, is actually an amalgum of all the very best aspects of every other genre. Therefore it is better than all other musical forms.

Heavy metal, while defined by its aggression, is actually an amalgum of all the very best aspects of every other genre. Therefore it is better than all other musical forms.

Nah, metal is defined by its blatant homo-eroticism. It's pop which is the amalgamation of all music forms.

The Beach Boys aren't very interesting. At all.

Jeff Buckley is just crap full stop with an insanely irritating voice.

I'm tired of hearing about Jeff Buckley and his supposed God like genius, Uncut ran a cover feature about him which was stupidly over reverential and bloated considering his limited output. He was a good but over indulgent guitarist in love with fret wankery and OK-ish songwriter with an interesting but annoying vocal style. Beyond that there's not much to him or his work.

His music can never live up to the myth and hype now, Grace was an alright debut but it's nowhere near as good as you'd think from reading about it. I saw him live a couple of times, first time I thought "wanker who loves himself a bit too much", second time I left before the end because it was like listening to a choir boy singing over death metal.

Radiohead are fucking shit as well. And Muse. And the fucking Corrs. In fact today I hate just about all music apart from the Cramps and Nick Cave.

It bloody well is a genre.

yeah boybands/female 'artists' etc are not in a seperate genre. they are in the Pop genre. TOTP and the official UK chart features pop as it's the most popular for some godawful reason, then varying degrees of alternative genres are represented too, such as the stupidly broad Rock, Hip-hop and R&B.

Pop as I see it is created solely for the charts and commercial radio, but is nethertheless a genre in it's own right.

Detroit Techno rules the world and stands over it in the form of a colossal, gleaming robot with a clipped German accent. surveying his kingdom to a soundtrack of the entire Underground Resistance back catalogue being played on a constant loop.

The Beatles are the most overrated band in the history of music.

I think you'll find that is the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

What a shit band - They are just so.... shit

Words can't express just how shit they are, the nearest I can get to describing them would be "really really shit"

Cubik

British bands are overrated and shit.

Scandavanian countries produce the best music.

German rap is better than English rap. French rap is the best in Europe though.

Pop music is the best genre, but bad pop is worse than anything ever.

Computer game music is better than 90% of chart music.

Blur are the best British band ever even though none of their albums are nowhere near perfect.

I think you'll find that is the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

What a shit band - They are just so.... shit

Words can't express just how shit they are, the nearest I can get to describing them would be "really really shit"

Cubik

They're a bit bollocks now, now but they WERE ace.

Back in 1991...