IGNORED

Your best car boot or second hand finds

momomo

In no particular order...

Boxed PC Engine GT with 3 games - £5

Boxed PC Engine with around 15 games - £38

Panzer Dragoon Saga - £2

Sega Multi Mega - £10 (Included MD1 and about 12 games)

NEW NES - £5

Boxed and MINT Atari 2600 4 switch woodgrain with boxed games - £5

3DO Testing Station - £10 (I think)

Mint Boxed Mega CD 1 -£5

Whole bundle of boxed NES and SNES RPGs - About £10

50 odd original transformers - £10

Probably more but that's all I can think of for now.

In no particular order...

Boxed PC Engine GT with 3 games - £5

Boxed PC Engine with around 15 games - £38

Panzer Dragoon Saga - £2

Sega Multi Mega - £10 (Included MD1 and about 12 games)

NEW NES - £5

Boxed and MINT Atari 2600 4 switch woodgrain with boxed games - £5

3DO Testing Station - £10 (I think)

Mint Boxed Mega CD 1 -£5

Whole bundle of boxed NES and SNES RPGs - About £10

50 odd original transformers - £10

Probably more but that's all I can think of for now.

This thread is pissing me off now...

Boxed PC Engine GT with 3 games - £5 - NEVER SEEN ONE AT A BOOT SALE :angry:

Boxed PC Engine with around 15 games - £38 - NEVER SEEN ONE AT A BOOT SALE :(

Panzer Dragoon Saga - £2 - NEVER SEEN IT AT A BOOT SALE :D

Sega Multi Mega - £10 (Included MD1 and about 12 games) - NEVER SEEN ONE AT A BOOT SALE :D

NEW NES - £5 - NEVER SEEN A NEW ONE AT A BOOT SALE :D

Boxed and MINT Atari 2600 4 switch woodgrain with boxed games - £5 - HAD A FEW OF THESE :D

3DO Testing Station - £10 (I think) - NEVER SEEN ONE AT A BOOT SALE :D

Mint Boxed Mega CD 1 -£5 - HAD A FEW OF THESE :D

Whole bundle of boxed NES and SNES RPGs - About £10 - HAVE DONE WELL ON THE NES/SNES :D

50 odd original transformers - £10 - I GOT ABOUT A GRAND'S WORTH OF LEGO FOR £110, DOES THAT COUNT :ph34r:

This thread is pissing me off now...

Boxed PC Engine GT with 3 games - £5 - NEVER SEEN ONE AT A BOOT SALE :angry:

Boxed PC Engine with around 15 games - £38 - NEVER SEEN ONE AT A BOOT SALE :(

Panzer Dragoon Saga - £2 - NEVER SEEN IT AT A BOOT SALE :D

Sega Multi Mega - £10 (Included MD1 and about 12 games) - NEVER SEEN ONE AT A BOOT SALE :D

NEW NES - £5 - NEVER SEEN A NEW ONE AT A BOOT SALE :D

Boxed and MINT Atari 2600 4 switch woodgrain with boxed games - £5 - HAD A FEW OF THESE :D

3DO Testing Station - £10 (I think) - NEVER SEEN ONE AT A BOOT SALE :D

Mint Boxed Mega CD 1 -£5 - HAD A FEW OF THESE :D

Whole bundle of boxed NES and SNES RPGs - About £10 - HAVE DONE WELL ON THE NES/SNES :D

50 odd original transformers - £10 - I GOT ABOUT A GRAND'S WORTH OF LEGO FOR £110, DOES THAT COUNT :ph34r:

You forum name is a LIE! GET OUT!

I'm sure I've banged on about this before, but I spotted a JPN Megadrive Snow Bros on Ebay with a buy it now of £13. It usually goes for well over £100.

I also got a Sega WonderMega from Japan for about £70. I think that's a good deal because it's rarer than the JVC one.

You forum name is a LIE! GET OUT!

I think He missed the mid to late 90's and early 2000's - I've certainly not found as much the last few years (not found any big PC engine bundles since 2001 for instance - my last big 2600 haul was 6 months ago but that was the first in an age) and I do miss finding those big collections or those really old items.

Things are a lot harder nowadays - just so many "someguy's" out there...

The pile of G&W's this year was nice though....... as were the pile of suikoden 2s Michael and myself found...

Those 5 Suikoden 2's were indeed aces. And you were like a Jedi spotting those G&Ws - scary...

Aside from the S2's, I don't really have a best find to mention - I like being out for the walk and if something cool comes along, it's a bonus... Zen booting, anyone?

There was a time when my friend went and swapped all his PC engine games (about 40 of them) including street fighter etc, a PC engine handheld JAP for an N64 with No games, 2 weeks after the N64 US release.

If you consider you can pick up an N64 at almost all Car boots for about £5.

I think He missed the mid to late 90's and early 2000's - I've certainly not found as much the last few years (not found any big PC engine bundles since 2001 for instance - my last big 2600 haul was 6 months ago but that was the first in an age) and I do miss finding those big collections or those really old items.

I had been going to car boot sales for about 6 years off and on, but only on a very occasional basis - I worked most weekends :ph34r: so it was hard, and I could never go until the late morning/afternoon. I found less in the first 4 years altogether than I do now pretty much any month :lol:

2 years ago it all changed, I moved to office hours and started to see the famous RichM posts about his car boot sale finds. I noticed one particular week, he said that to find anything good, you must get there early, which I could now - it all went from there...

Since I am seeing nothing that I would call rare, week after week, and going by what others are saying, it would appear the "golden age" is over. I would love to bag a Vectrex, I mean even a Coleco Vision would do, but there seems to be 2 chances of that happening, slim or none :o

Things are a lot harder nowadays - just so many "someguy's" out there...

Don't forget the pikeys! Have you seen them much on your travels 213? As I am seeing them less and less now, which is rather nice :o

I don't really have a best find to mention

I would say ICO:LE for £5 was a smashing find.

Regards

I'd love to go to these boot sales you all seem to frequent. Looking at what is on offer I'm sure I'd find something that tickles my fancy, I've been after a Dreamcast, Gamecube or Saturn for a while and also a GBA (not much really!).

How much do they go for at a car boot sale and what condition are they usually in?.

I'd love to go to these boot sales you all seem to frequent. Looking at what is on offer I'm sure I'd find something that tickles my fancy, I've been after a Dreamcast, Gamecube or Saturn for a while and also a GBA (not much really!).

How much do they go for at a car boot sale and what condition are they usually in?.

From my experience condition and price vary wildly, for every game and watch for £1.50 there is a bloke asking £100 for a ps1 with 20 pony games.

My advice is, know what you want, decide on what is a bargain price for you and keep looking till you find it. Don’t be afraid to haggle, even if you already think it is at a great price.

From my experience condition and price vary wildly

KK is right, you would be amazed at the prices some people want, both at the high and low ends of the scale. However in the interests of being helpful to ianwuk, my recent spottings suggest:

Dreamcast - expect to pay between £20 and £30. Boxed ones turn up for me at a rate of 1 in 3. Expect to find around 5 games, mostly crap and definitely including ChuChu Rocket. Anything better than this is a bonus (ie light guns, fishing rods, decent games)

Gamecube - not many of these around, most are still getting some use I guess and this probably won't change until PS3/XBox 2 comes along. £40 seems to be the going rate without games, games come in at £7-£10, but again only if you can find them. Might be a better bet buying a new bundle, especially as the booting season is nearing its end.

Saturn - haven't seen that many this year, again unusual to find any with decent games although you'll probably get 5-8. You will most likely get Wipeout, Worldwide Soccer 97 and Virtua Fighter amongst them. £20 or so is usual, again if you get a light gun or any of the better games, you're doing well.

GBA - saw 2 this year at the same boot sale, one for £7 (which I bought) and one for £45 (which I didn't). Saw a used boxed one in Game for £29.99 which I thought was surprisingly good value.

Magicaldrop

Is the Donkey Kong Atari VCS game, where MArio is looks like Tom Selleck on the cover worth anything.

I have a tatty boxed cover of this one that i got for £2.50, only out of curiosity as Mario is acompletly different character on the cover.

Things have certainly changed. Even this year there is a very noticable difference. Some boots I have completely given up on because they are a nightmare. I used to go to 2-3 on a Saturday and 3-4 on a Sunday. I now only bother with 2-3 a weekend.

I believe Dreamcasts can be had for less than £20 but I agree with MagicalDrops price guide.

Thought of a few more finds...

Commodore CDTV with Floppy, Keyboard, Mouse and rare BLACK 1084s Monitor - £8

CollecoVision with about 15 games (Inc Tutankham) - £3 (Might have been £5)

Boxed Master System Deluxe Set (Set with 3D glasses) - £5

Boxed and Mint SNES Action Pack - £20 (I really wanted it!!)

My bargains are far and few

Conkers BFD - £6 (unboxed - but with manual) last summer at car boot

Game Gear with Collumns - £1.50 - the first time I've ever seen one under £8

Cdi + 12 films + 6 music VCDs + 7 games + extra controller -£13

And Saturns do indeed seem to be disappearing from car boots....

I believe Dreamcasts can be had for less than £20 but I agree with MagicalDrops price guide.

I got one this year with 8 games and some peripherals for £15. Although the majority will be around £20 - £30 with 2 - 3 shit games.

The Dreamcast will within a few years reach very good collectable prices. I'm sure of this. It will sell for more than a PlayStation 1, Megadrive or a SNES on average but for a while there are a few in circulation keeping prices low.

Got Streets of Rage 3 from Gamestation today for £15!

What were you doing in Gamestation! I thought "your type" weren't served in there ?

Im trying to think of some good boot bargains Ive found but all i can really think of is a complete set of Zoids comics which I bought for £4 and sold on ebay for around £60.

I bought a copy of Alien Soldier (in flawless condition) from GameStation for £6.99. I didn't realise it was worth much until somebody posted a thread about it. So I did a good deed and offered it to the world via eBay (*ahem*), and netted £74 for my troubles.

I'm not a huge game collector, so I couldn't justify keeping something worth that much and never playing it.

Oh I miss the old days...when you could wander into a boot late on and no-one would have touched the gaming stuff. These days the pikeys run from car to car shouting 'got any games' as the cars drive in, either that or they are pulling the people's stuff from cars as soon as the the boots are opened.

I'm not prepared to do that. Having sold at a few boot sales I think it's incredibly rude and it's embarassing.

Having sold at a few boot sales I think it's incredibly rude and it's embarassing.

I found that too when we sold once, they were raking in the boot while we're bringing stuff out and then going on their walkie-talkies to someone <_< At the one here the public arent let in for an hour after sellers, so we set high prices to get the traders to go away and sell them to the normal public. Its extremely annoying queuing outside watching them all run round buying up the good stuff first.

Just won link on the cdi for £2.48 on ebay :( I can finally see how crap it is suppsoed to be.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Legend of Dragoon for £10, Independant games store in Great Yarmouth, which I've mentioned before on another thread. :lol:

2) Skies of Arcadia for the DC for £5, Independent game store again, but was actually in my hometown in a shop called Action Replay, I still remeber how I bought that game as soon as someone else had just traded it in. :lol:

3) Zero Wing for £3 from Gamestation. Haven't actually tested in out as I can't be bothered to get the MD, they do test games before selling at gamestation don't they? :unsure: