Wolfenstein Wednesday.

jcafarley

If I try to join half the people it says 'game not available', but with Hitcher it searches then says 'unable to connect to game'

Very weird.

Do you think it could be my router firewall causing these connection problems?

Well, I just changed my xbox live to use a static ip and I enabled DMZ on my router to that ip.

In other words, whenever I'm xbox live, my xbox will be outside of my router's firewall and it should not interfere with any connects made to it.

Hopefully this fixes that.

If anyone wants to play another game later on tonight, post the game and time in EST and I'll see if I can set up a game.

I think a lot of the problem was due to the fact that they never bothered to send you Friend Requests. :)

As for the later games there was some questionable 'sudden lag' at the very end of 2 consecutive games last night - one where we had the docs and before we got to the end it all lagged up stopping us get there, the other when we were chasing the team with the docs only for it to prevent us from moving.

Strange how it disappeared as soon as the next game started. ;)

I think a lot of the problem was due to the fact that they never bothered to send you Friend Requests. :P

As for the later games there was some questionable 'sudden lag' at the very end of 2 consecutive games last night - one where we had the docs and before we got to the end it all lagged up stopping us get there, the other when we were chasing the team with the docs only for it to prevent us from moving.

Strange how it disappeared as soon as the next game started. :o

Whoa, you were getting lag on my connection?

Hmmm.. I'll have to bitch at my ISP if this is the case or play around with the settings...

I couldn't get on either. Would not let me join Hitcher or join the server via Optimatch. Trying to join Hitcher kept crashing my Xbox too. :P

Have you tried clearing your xbox cache?

I've heard that sometimes corrects random crashes in games.

To clear your xbox cache, pop in three different titles and let them fully load, then pop RTCW back in.

Ok, here's the setup.

12 players public with voting enabled, dedicated.

I'm off to work at 1:30pm EST so I'll set it up then and as long as xbox live or my ISP doesn't crash, the server will be ready to host you guys around 8:00pm EST.

If you haven't sent me a friend request yet, please do so ASAP so I can add you.

Thanks!