IGNORED

Car Boots July 17/18

Badger

Not too bad. teamed up with a colleague to get round 5 boots this morning, battling wet weather.

I got

Fighting Vipers Saturn £1

Darklight Conflict Saturn £1

Olympic Gold Master System Free

N64 Record Bag £1

And my best: Streets of Rage 2 boxed with instructions £1

Meanwhile matey-boy got

Boxed MD2 £9.

Master System 1 with loads of games incluing AK in Miracle World £10, and he just beat me to it by about 2 seconds....git...

And a Game and Wacth, original, working, mint.....which I stood next to without even seeing....arses....£1.50....

But I can't be bitter, it was nice to be sociable for a change....

Saw a complete Psycho Fox for 50p (been looking for this for ages), went to buy it and she said 'ive got a load more in the car, you can have them all for a tenner'.

So i got 2 master system II's with 40 games for £10 :o All but 5 are just carts and boxes though, and nothing special. So im still searching for some 3D glasses and 3D games....

And to make it better, there was a trader with his massive carrying sacks lingering around behind me :)

Got a few bits this morning....

Playstation1 with 13 games - £10

SNES with 4 games (Inc mario kart and Illusion of Time) - £3

Commodore 128 (Machine only) - £1

Boxed TV Boy - £2

Lemmings and oh no more lemmings - £2

Capcom Generations - £2

Day of the Tenticle fully boxed CD version - £2

SNES with 8 boxed games, boxed Super Gameboy and boxed Mario Paint - £10

Mega Drive with 7 games - £5

Boxed Gameboy Color - £3

Rich

The pikeys that operate at the major boot sale now have...dum..de...dum...winged monkeys!

They sent their four kids off to each area of the boot with their mobiles ready.

Anyways...I got...

Fantavision (PS2) - £2

Time Crisis

Metal Gear Solid

Dino Crisis

Darkstone (PS) - £1 each

That's it! It really is turning into the summer of Playstation for me.

Did see a couple of SNES' but they were unboxed and the games were either pants or ones I already had, so I passed up.

Did see one really nice boxed one but she wanted £25 for the SNES with no games. Bit pricey.

Hi All

Its been raining on and off pretty much all weekend for me, I just did a small boot sale this afternoon. There wasn't much there, got soaked - called it a day and went home.

PS1

Klonoa : Beach Volleyball (complete)

Rugrats : Search For Reptar (complete)

£1 each

GB

Tetris + book

Warioland + book

£1 each

N64

Space Station : Silicon Valley (cart only)

£1

When is the summer starting this year? It was really hot this time last year and I was doing really well... Oh well until next week...

Regards

Fuck knows when summers restarting - frankly I can't be arsed in many ways and it's currently the company at sales that interests me - so a big hello to Michael and DCM for being so entertaining this week and CBK for the chats in mid week.

Well in many ways I got more for the missus than myself but got a few nice bits in some shops of all places, couldn't be arsed to get up early today so just did one sale yesterday and one today.

got

4 boxed megadrives and about 16 games in total - £20

rapid reload and a few other ps2 games for £5

pile of monster audio cables

display cabinet for the missus figurines (£10 they're £60 in John Lewis)

couple of books about apple, dot bombs in general

£4 jumping flash 2

12 sms games, sms, racking/flight controller, light gun £10

£5 serious sam on xbox

pile of cheap DVd's for the missus inc buffy boxed set, matrix revolutions etc.

lemmings on psone £1

4 boxed n64 games for £3 each (star wars titles)

As it's stopped raining I'll try to get it out of the boot

All quiet over here too, just about managed to avoid rain but not much retro goodness to be found. Bought:

Atari 2600 with 5 carts, one was the official 32-in-1 - £7

SNES with 2 pads and Mario Allstars - £2

4 Gameboy games - £1 each

and Banjo Tooie for N64, one of the last games I needed for my collection. Paid £2 then got tailed by a young lad wanting to buy it off me. Chatting, I was impressed the boy knew his stuff but not so impressed that there's yet another person after games at the same sale, makes at least 5 of them.

I normally expect to spend £100 or so each week, but it was just over a tenner this week and £8 last...there's no doubt that the friend ebay once was as a source of easy cash is now the enemy which has drawn so many others into this. Glad I got my collection really going so many years ago or I'd have given it up this year as an impossible hobby.

Magicaldrop

Well done with the 2600 purchase, MagicalDrop. A bit of a bargain there!

Didn't manage to get to any car boot sales this weekend as I was too tired and too skint from Saturday's arcade machine collecting run that saw a mate and I get from Bristol to Cambridge and rush back again in order to get the hire van back before 6pm.

We managed to get back with 25 mins to spare, but were seriously caning it along the M4.

Rob

I normally expect to spend £100 or so each week, but it was just over a tenner this week and £8 last...there's no doubt that the friend ebay once was as a source of easy cash is now the enemy which has drawn so many others into this. Glad I got my collection really going so many years ago or I'd have given it up this year as an impossible hobby.

Totally agree with you about the ebay thing. The game is definately getting more competitive. Even my dad understands about ebay now. My retro collecting days are coming to an end due to this. I find I have moved on to more modern systems and am having more sucess.