Metropolis Street Racer

somers

The Dreamcast is Retro because it's not a current console. It's not been manufactured for years and its not available new in shops.

Regardless of the fact its superior to the playstation. Gaming moves quickly it only takes a couple of years for something to become retro.

Also unless you like driving in repeatedly in tight circles MSR is rubbish.

The Dreamcast is Retro because it's not a current console. It's not been manufactured for years and its not available new in shops.

Regardless of the fact its superior to the playstation. Gaming moves quickly it only takes a couple of years for something to become retro.

<_<

*sigh*

So, is Shenmue 2 for the DC retro, but not the Xbox version?

Also unless you like driving in repeatedly in tight circles MSR is rubbish.

I don't agree with it but that's still bloody hilarious!

So, is Shenmue 2 for the DC retro, but not the Xbox version?

I'd say YES. I know it seems weird but it's got to be true.

Gaming moves quickly it only takes a couple of years for something to become retro.

As quickly as the world of fashion? Or movies? Or Music? No. Yet for any of those to be talked about as 'retro' it takes time and perspective over several generations to gain a retrospective view of them.

When we talk about retro, we're talking about game mechanics, aesthetics and the overall feel of a game - not whether you can buy it in Woolworths or not.

There are plenty of dictionary definitions of the word, but the best is "Backward." ie, when a game feels, plays and looks backwards, then maybe the tag of retro can be applied. Try describing the likes of Virtua Tennis 2, Rez or Shenmue as such and I'll laugh. Hard.

Retro is a description of style, not availablity.