IGNORED

Sequels that are better than the originals

DJ Sack

So what sequels are better than the originals?

Id have to say

Sonic 2 - Brighter, Faster and more! Tails was a nice addition allowing a friend to kinda play, the levels i feel worked much better with less things slowing you down, graphics are nicer, a 2 player mode a 3D bonus stage section but best of all...SUPER SONIC!

Amped 2 - Amped was a great game, but amped 2 took that game polished it, took away many of the frustrations and came back with a better game.

Tomb Raider 2 - Much like sonic 2, faster, more detailed and more to do. Drive boats, larger nice levels, a bit more shooty action. It wasnt really tomb raider 2, more a tomb raider 1.5 but the additions of being able to save more frequently and brighter levels were welcome additions.

So what sequels are better than the originals?

Id have to say

Sonic 2 - Brighter, Faster and more! Tails was a nice addition allowing a friend to kinda play, the levels i feel worked much better with less things slowing you down, graphics are nicer, a 2 player mode a 3D bonus stage section but best of all...SUPER SONIC!

Amped 2 - Amped was a great game, but amped 2 took that game polished it, took away many of the frustrations and came back with a better game.

Tomb Raider 2 - Much like sonic 2, faster, more detailed and more to do. Drive boats, larger nice levels, a bit more shooty action. It wasnt really tomb raider 2, more a tomb raider 1.5 but the additions of being able to save more frequently and brighter levels were welcome additions.

PGR without a doubt

We expect sequels to be better than the originals, but sometimes the developers just go all out to give us the best they possibly can. I'd cite Resident Evil 2 and Burnout 2 as perfect examples. They took everything that was great about the originals, juiced up the graphics and expanded the gameplay enough to make the sequels worthwhile while remaining true to the roots of both series.

System Shock 2. Definitely.

Carmageddon 2 was mentioned, and it is a great sequel - like the developers gave a shit and really improved on the original.

Plus Ratchet and Clank 2, which I finished second time around on Challenge Mode. Ace game with loads of playability. I have worries that the third one may be disappointing though...

Wipeout 2097 too. Best Wipeout IMO.

It's true, most sequels are better than the originals. But often the original introduced the idea and the sequel barely expands on it. It's a case where if you've played the original then the sequel isn't really worth it, but if you're coming to the series completely cold then the sequel is simply better.