IGNORED

Funny bits in not very funny films

FishyFish

Along Came Polly - watched this last night, and while it was kinda ok it wasn't as funny as I'd hoped.

However it did have the classic exchange between Philip Seymour Hoffman and Ben Stiller's characters when they're at the party... (quoted from memory)...

PSH: "We have to leave. I just sharted."

BS: "What does that mean?"

PSH: "I tried to fart and a little bit of shit came out."

Had me and my son in gales of juvenile laughter.

^_^

Fishy

Christopher Walken's cameo in Gigli was absolutely amazing, hilarious. I think I watched it 5 times.

"Man, you know what I'd love to do, right now? Go down to Marie Callender's, get me a big bowl of pie, some ice cream on it, mmm hmm good! Put some on your head! Your tongue would slap your brains out trying to get to it! INTERESTED? SURE? "

^_^ He's a legend.

Starsky & Hutch was terrible, but that bit at the end where Ben Stiller's putting that mad voice on, and going "Do it. Do it" over and over again had me weeping with laughter.

Snatch is pretty turd as well, but it's worth watching for that bit where Dennis Farina arrives in England.

MIKE READ: Avi!

DENNIS FARINA: Shut up and sit down, you big bald fuck!

It's all in the way he says it.

Starsky & Hutch was terrible, but that bit at the end where Ben Stiller's putting that mad voice on, and going "Do it. Do it" over and over again had me weeping with laughter.

Yeah, that was the funniest part of the film for me too.

Bubble Boy. An absolutely appalling film with one funny gag in it. In the movie the titular Bubble Boy has run away from home. The police will only search from him if he has been kidnapped, hence his parents are trying to write a fake ransom note. The father's effort reads:

Give us $100,000 or you will never see your son again.

Signed

The Jews

The Matrix: Revolutions

Keeeennuuuu has been moping around and we've been dealing with maudlin nonsense for the first half-hour of the movie. Then he decides to jump onto the train tracks and run along the tunnel. In a beautifully classic visual gag, he dissapears off one side and reappears on the other.

"Shit"

Made me laugh.

I saw Death to Smoochy the other day, and while it wasn't as funny as I'd hoped, there was one class bit when Robin Williams tries to sabotage Ed Norton's kiddies show by replacing some wholesome cookies with some more alternative snacks.

In front of a live audience, Ed Norton pulls a cookie out of his magic bag, only to find it is shaped like a penis. A shocked silence falls over the studio until Ed Norton finally pipes up with "It's a rocket ship!"

Cue a furious Robin Williams who runs onto the set and starts shouting in exasperation: "It's a COCK!"

Also, try playing 'that scene' from Misery with the Cantina Theme from Star Wars playing in the background. Much hilarity.

In the terrible movie "Dumb and Dumber", they have a car that is all furry and looks like a dog. To my shame it still makes me chuckle as I think about it now.

Not as funny as the "John Denver is full of shit!" line when they take a wrong turn and can't see the Rocky Mountains in Nebraska. :)

Fishy

In kingpin, the part where they get drinks out of the freezer and show up with pointy nipples.

Still puts a smile on my face.

On the other hand: The part where Woody has to go down on the old landlady brings on a gag-reflex.

In kingpin, the part where they get drinks out of the freezer and show up with pointy nipples.

Still puts a smile on my face.

On the other hand: The part where Woody has to go down on the old landlady brings on a gag-reflex.

Actually, I thought that was an unexpectedly good movie, for the most part.

A not very good Adam Sandler film, I think it's called Billy Madison, has a scene where Sandler's character is trying to reassure his young friend and his schoolmates that peeing your pants is cool.

Then an old lady pops up and says, "If peeing your pants is cool, then I'm Miles Davis."

Which is clearly brilliant.

The funniest bit in that has to be where Ben Stiller has taken loads of charlie and they're in a disco, the conversation goes something like:

Owen Wilson: "hey are you okay?"

Ben Stiller: "I'm fine, I feel great, a little paranoid, but great"

Still makes me giggle

• 3 weeks later...
The funniest bit in that has to be where Ben Stiller has taken loads of charlie and they're in a disco, the conversation goes something like:

Owen Wilson: "hey are you okay?"

Ben Stiller: "I'm fine, I feel great, a little paranoid, but great"

Still makes me giggle

The knife throwing "dwarf" scene had me in stitches.

Scary Movie 2 - a purile, trashy movie, but the 'cat fight' scene had me in tears the first time I saw it (particularly the bit where they wrestle with the bottle). It would have worked even better if it had appeared in Family Guy as an outtake from Sabrina the Teenage Witch (if you've seen the scene you'll know what I mean).

Slightly different is the all time classic scene from 'The Untouchables' "Mister, you forgot your....", I've yet to meet anyone who didn't laugh at this supposedly serious scene when they first saw it.

E-X

Slightly different is the all time classic scene from 'The Untouchables' "Mister, you forgot your....", I've yet to meet anyone who didn't laugh at this supposedly serious scene when they first saw it.

E-X

I didn't.

You're be telling me you laugh when Connery dies next.

Obviously that was a spoiler.