IGNORED

Gta: San Andreas Updates

robotattack

I agree the engine is really creaking and the framerate is quite poor. Also, whoever mentioned the map is on the money too. And why when you go into the menu does the music cut out. ><

Finally, I'm having a little trouble following the objectives for some of the missions. I'm not quite sure what some of the icons on the map really mean, and what to do next. For example, one of the early missions 'Beat up the Crack Dealer' had me stumped for ages, didn't have a clue where to find him, even though there probably was something on the map to tell me. Maybe it's because this is my first GTA game? :ph34r:

Other than that.... the game has blwon me away - there is just tons and tons to see. I must have spent 2 hours last night just driving around the city and getting lost. Brilliant.

Amazing game, but the engine is creaking under the load.

I'll be dropping the PS2 version as soon as the PC version is available.

What controls do people use for PC GTA games? The mouse and keys are fine for the on-foot stuff, but I couldn't configure my Xbox pad (with convertor thing) to get satisfactory vehicle controls. Did GTA3 and VC let you make use of the second analogue stick (e.g for the chopper?)

I agree the engine is really creaking and the framerate is quite poor. Also, whoever mentioned the map is on the money too. And why when you go into the menu does the music cut out. ><

Finally, I'm having a little trouble following the objectives for some of the missions. I'm not quite sure what some of the icons on the map really mean, and what to do next. For example, one of the early missions 'Beat up the Crack Dealer' had me stumped for ages, didn't have a clue where to find him, even though there probably was something on the map to tell me. Maybe it's because this is my first GTA game? :ph34r:

Other than that.... the game has blwon me away - there is just tons and tons to see. I must have spent 2 hours last night just driving around the city and getting lost. Brilliant.

You just go towards the yellow markers on the mini map. Same for every mission. Just point to point. Upward triangle means above you and downward below.

I was overjoyed to find my copy on the doormat this morning.

I was not overjoyed to find holes that revealed that my dog had actually ripped it from the letter box and slung it onto the mat, thusly ruining the box within.

And I was definately not overjoyed to find that his teeth had penetrated the critical part of the box that held the DVD and had left teethmarks in the disc.

It got as far as the first loading screen and made my PS2 make funny noises, before I realised that I'd definately not be playing GTA San Andreas today.

I was overjoyed to find my copy on the doormat this morning.

I was not overjoyed to find holes that revealed that my dog had actually ripped it from the letter box and slung it onto the mat, thusly ruining the box within.

And I was definately not overjoyed to find that his teeth had penetrated the critical part of the box that held the DVD and had left teethmarks in the disc.

It got as far as the first loading screen and made my PS2 make funny noises, before I realised that I'd definately not be playing GTA San Andreas today.

That's harsh.

If a dog did that in the game, I'd drown him.

What controls do people use for PC GTA games? The mouse and keys are fine for the on-foot stuff, but I couldn't configure my Xbox pad (with convertor thing) to get satisfactory vehicle controls. Did GTA3 and VC let you make use of the second analogue stick (e.g for the chopper?)

I used a Dual Shock via a USB adaptor, and just map the controls to the normal PS2 controls. All the controls are the same including both analogue sticks.

I expect to do the same when GTA:SA PC comes out.

• 4 weeks later...