IGNORED

Gta: San Andreas Updates

robotattack

http://www.gtagaming.com/images/sanandreas...uk_screen21.jpg

http://www.gtagaming.com/images/sanandreas...uk_screen22.jpg

And new information (potential plot spoilers covered):

-- While targetting an opponent, the camera will move to just above CJ's right shoulder, giving the player a better view of the action. Holding the target button longer will aim towards the opponent's head.

-- Draw distances are confirmed as being 2x higher than Vice City in the urban areas and 4x higher in the rural areas.

-- Streets are now much more full, with the feeling of 'emptiness' from Vice City now completely gone. There will be an endless stream of other cars for CJ to steal.

-- Two small towns in the rural areas have been named as Angel Pine and Dillamore

-- The legendary mountain has been named as Mount Chiliaid, and is over half a mile tall. Rivers, beaten tracks and cliff top roads criss cross what can be described as the largest object in any Grand Theft Auto game, ever.

-- The cities are placed on an overall 'state map', in roughly the same geographical positions as in present day west coast USA. One lies in the south, one in the north (and on the coast), and one towards the east, presumably, in the middle of the desert.

-- Wildlife can now be found in the countryside.

-- The foliage in the countryside is handled "procedurally." It's only drawn on screen when the player can see it.

-- A female character from a previous game will return, lodging in a forest cabin which CJ will come to use as a hideout.

-- One mission involves Carl and his unnamed female accomplice travelling to Dillamore gas station, attempting to rob the office, but being hampered by the bullet proof glass recently installed by the owner. Instead, Carl and friend steal the fuel tanker which is sitting outside. One twist - the fuel tank trailer isn't connected to the front, so Carl must connect the two. Once an escape has been made, players must take care not to jack-knife the vehicle on the treacherous rural roads, all the while being chased by the owners of the gas station in their cars.

-- Combine Harvesters will be included, and are likely able to be player controlled.

-- Mobile Hot Dog Vans will be present, but as yet no missions involving sales are confirmed.

-- The police helicopter will include a spotlight which can be shot out.

-- Updated versions of the Walton, Voodoo, Sabre, Sanchez, Patriot & Linerunner (with or without trailer) will be present.

-- A 4x4 vehicle (four wheel drive) will be incorporated in the rural areas, allowing players to traverse the bumpy terrain with ease.

-- For the ultimate driver, a monster truck will allow for the crossing of extremely difficult ridges, bumps and even shallow rivers.

edit: Other info added.

How good does this look?

I'd like to publicly state that I want this game NOW.

R.

At first I was was a bit 'Meh, not aonther one ^_^ but after reading the feature in that free PS2 mag I'm actually very excited about it now.

What with these screenshots, it's 'Splinter Cell' stealth action and it's Fable-lite haircut/respect/gang member element this really is shaping up well.

Looks like the gameplay possibilities with all these environments are going to be huge. From Vegas to the backwoods.

Can't wait for the deer hunting subgame and the sequence of Carl flying on BMX across the moon ET style!

I got on the GTA 3/VC wagon rather late, but hot damn those shots are looking good. The Idea of driving through the desert/forest and stopping at an isolated gas station to murder the hapless owners has a very strong appeal to me.

I got on the GTA 3/VC wagon rather late, but hot damn those shots are looking good. The Idea of driving through the desert/forest and stopping at an isolated gas station to murder the hapless owners has a very strong appeal to me.

593k avatar?! Get out. ^_^

Cunning how the roughness of the scans make the game look all the nicer!

But BOY does that look good. Rural areas that link the cities? It's like the world is extending. Everything we ever dreamed of in a game is slowly coming to life.

^_^

Looks ace I wonder if they are PS2 shots or PC/Xbox shot though... it certainly looks better that the rpevious PS2 versions which is certainly welcome... shit another game on the xmas list.

Cheers

Quexex

I think they will/are aiming for Late/October or early November release for US.