Sign in to follow this  
Phelan

Freddie Got Fingered

Look I got it out with an open mind. I thought I'll watch it people on here have said it's funny but I didn't laugh once. Not once.

I just sat back stunned at it's shitness.

It nudged the Cell out of my worst top three movies I've ever seen.

And the other two?

Look I got it out with an open mind. I thought I'll watch it people on here have said it's funny but I didn't laugh once. Not once.

I just sat back stunned at it's shitness.

It nudged the Cell out of my worst top three movies I've ever seen.

The Cell is fantastic if you ignore the story. Take a bucket, sit back and wonder at the visuals.

Stunning.

Of course, the same could be said of FGF - there's not much of a story to ponder, it just is what it is. I like that in a movie, most don't.

I thought it was fucking awful, random and unfunny nonscense. Don't get me wrong, I like stupid silly films, but this was just crap.

Funnily enough when I watch a film this bad I always consider the same thing that Phelan said. Some "studio-exec" must have looked at it and green lighted the release, I can only assume he said something like. "This is the worst movie ever made, but Tom Green is hot right now, so lets get it out there"

Some "studio-exec" must have looked at it and green lighted the release, I can only assume he said something like. "This is the worst movie ever made, but Tom Green is hot right now, so lets get it out there"

Studio executives don't throw money at film on the basis that they might release them. They'd not have spent the cash in the first place without knowing what Tom Green was making. The point is that the film is *meant* to shock people. Thats what Green does. Thats his style of comedy. Hes very successful at it. Some people find him funny, others don't. He'd not have been on MTV for the last 10 years if he didn't appeal to anyone. FGF is in no way a "bad film". It just has very specific appeal.

The Cell is fantastic if you ignore the story. Take a bucket, sit back and wonder at the visuals.

Stunning.

Indeed. It's not even that bad *with* the story. It's predictable etc, but it's not an out and out turkey at all. And it looks fabulous. Ok, it was never going to win the palme d'or, but to be in the list of "top 3 worst films ever"? Get some perspective, stat.

Not seen FGF, but I loathe Tom Green with a passion, so I'm kind of guessing it's not for me.

And the other two?

American Cyborg Steel Warrior and the Rollerblade Seven.

As for the Cell. A movie is about a story not visuals. It looked great but sucked big time.

Most certainly the silver-screen equivalent of marmite, I personally loved Freddy Got Fingered. The whole film is carried on Tom Green's 'toilet-humour' with the weakest plot possibly concieved... truly funny film, but yeah, you can see why some people would not like it.

JAPAN 44444444444444!

<_<

I think it's ace.

"You seem to have a baby inside your booody"

The chick in the wheelchair is in Super Troopers, which is also very funny.

I've missed you loads. I'm glad you're posting again.

Kisses xxx

Yeah, I loved their view that it’s a very subversive film of the “gross out” genre of the late 90s/early 00s!  When you look back on it, it’s incredible how he got away with the name for it and maybe shows just how kudos Tom Green carried at the time.

Its one one of my favourite films because it is so absolutely batshit insane and I’m not sure if you’re supposed to be laughing with or laughing at it. Most of it makes absolutely no sense at all,. Definitely worth a watch if you’ve not seen it. Preferably with lots of alcohol and some similarly minded friends.

That's the stuff - there's absolutely no reason to throw the statue head through the window, or for Tom to jump out, but he does both and it's really makes me laugh.

FGF is actually a masterpiece. I'd challenge anyone to find somebody who was aged 14-25 around about the time of release who didn't think so. Never got the insane hatred directed at it from critics and the like, although Tom Green was pretty big at the time and a lot of people were perhaps suffering from Green fatigue. 

My favourite part was always the scene towards the end where Green whispers 'Sweet dreams, Daddy' before shooting Rip Torn in the throat with a tranquilliser dart.