Sign in to follow this  
Phelan

Freddie Got Fingered

Why did this film get made? What possessed anyone to actually allow this movie to be released rather than dropped into a bin and then set on fire along with Tom Green??

It was just simply ridiculous, unfunny, stupid and a waste of money.

Why did this film get made? What possessed anyone to actually allow this movie to be released rather than dropped into a bin and then set on fire along with Tom Green??

It was just simply ridiculous, unfunny, stupid and a waste of money.

I found it hilarious.

I think Tom Green's MTV show is hilarious.

Shockingly, just because you don't find something entertaining, that doesn't mean the entire human race shares the same view.

PS. I'm the farmer. I'm the farmer.

I can see why some people wouldn't enjoy this film. Thats fair enough. Its certainly not the sort of thing that would appeal to everyone.

What I fucking detest is people who have the arrogant self-important attitutude of "I didn't like this, it shouldn't have been made". As if the entire world is here to serve their needs and sod everyone else. They imply there must be something wrong with people who did actually like it.

Yes Phelan, I mean you.

I'm on the other side of the fence to Phelan here - I found it hilarious and was amazed that there was a mind out there that could possibly have connected with my sense of humour.

The cartoons are the best bit. I actually hurt myself watching those.

I might watch it now actually. I've got to get that "Saw" trailer out of my head ;)

Strange every single comment about this film ive ever read has been like phelans, yet there is a whole bunch of people here that love it, think i might have to watch it.

It's a dreadful dreadful film. Truly, unwatchably awful. Not a single funny moment in the whole thing. It's dire and honsetly the worst piece of film I've ever had the misfortune to sit through.

The rviews found here are actually about a billion times funnier than the actual film.

The rviews found here are actually about a billion times funnier than the actual film.

The fact a bunch of critics don't like it actually makes it better in my opinion. I hate the idea that there are people who are paid to tell other people what to think.

And yes, I include games magazine reviewers in that statement.

To be honest you can tell from the cover how much you'll like it:

freddystrkcover.jpg

Tom Green doing... whatever he's doing there makes me KNOW it'll be great. Many would just frown.

The fact a bunch of critics don't like it actually makes it better in my opinion. I hate the idea that there are people who are paid to tell other people what to think.

I just said they were funnier. But hey, so is self harm.

A friend of mine told me to watch FgF and called it "film of the year". I didn't realise he was taking the piss and watched it. After the movie ended, I sat back, and pondered on what a truly unbelievable piece of shit the film was. I couldn't bring myself to get up out of the chair, and watched all the credits, then about ten minutes of blank screen - I was in shock. i couldn't believe that this film had been made, and more importantly, how anyone, absolutely anyone could find it funny.

The next time I saw my friend, we were on a train, and started discussing it. As we remembered individual scenes, especially the moment when he advises him Mom to cheat on his Dad with "Greek men.... Men... from Greece....." we started to laugh at how awful it was.

We continued to laugh, until eventually, we were crying with laughter, and then (and only then) did we both realise that Freddy Got Fingered is one of the funniest comedys ever made, and really was "Film of the Year".

Now, barely a day goes by without someone saying "The treasure, daddy, I found the treasure, we can LIVE LIKE KINGS!"

So there.

Look I got it out with an open mind. I thought I'll watch it people on here have said it's funny but I didn't laugh once. Not once.

I just sat back stunned at it's shitness.

It nudged the Cell out of my worst top three movies I've ever seen.