IGNORED

City of Heroes

KieronGillen

Cheers, boys - the magic words '100', 'MB' and 'patch' just saved me mucho money and freetime!

Yeah, on 56k that would take, ooooh, a couple of days if I'm lucky...

:)

Im sure I could put it all on disk for you if necessary

Cheers, boys - the magic words '100', 'MB' and 'patch' just saved me mucho money and freetime!

Yeah, on 56k that would take, ooooh, a couple of days if I'm lucky...

:)

I'm on dialup so got the main client and download at work...

So far the only other ones have been 1 of 1.8mb and 1 of 4.4mb I think...

I'm sure I can burn them to a disc if you want them....

You buggers. I hope you realise that I've had to step up my plans and order this after all the positive talk about it. I'm waiting for the lovely boxed version though as I quite fancy getting the map and the like. Good to see people are taking an interest in this, most of the threads in online haven't lasted long. I would of been on ages ago, if all this house moving business hadn't prevented me from accessing the web.

Well last night Disciple (The Jamminator) and myself (Yew Whon) had our first session, and oh my! its a bit good.

Ive gone for a Magic Controller as my character. Apparently they are the hardest class to use but the rewards are worth it. Especially for the mind control abilities.

Theres nothing more fun than brainwashing two enemies into fighting each other, then just sitting back and watching the show.

Here are a couple of pics (Im the blue guy - Disciples the red scary one)

My character has the gayest dance EVER!

p.jpeg

Childish, but what the hell!

p.jpeg

Its all kicking off

p.jpeg

Hope to have many more to follow.

It's a great game! You can ever tell little stories with the pictures :ph34r:

AHA! A villan!

badman1.jpg

TAKE SOME JAM POWER

badman2.jpg

Don't mess with THE JAMINATOR

badman3.jpg

God, they don't half make it difficult to buy online do they?

I'm waiting for the client to download before I sign up but I think I'm gonna (and I've got a week off coming :ph34r:).

I went into The Next Level to get a retail box earlier and found out that they sold the last one. Typical, the only time I want to buy something from their overpriced store they're sold out!

Now updated the pics page. If in doubt buy COH now!

Anyone here on VIctory please add my chrs to your friends list

"Juicy J Justice" = lvl 4 scrapper (new chr)

"Jaminator" - lvl 8 defender (who seems to be more of a blaster :unsure:)

:lol:

Now updated the pics page. If in doubt buy COH now!

Anyone here on VIctory please add my chrs to your friends list

"Juicy J Justice" = lvl 4 scrapper (new chr)

"Jaminator" - lvl 8 defender (who seems to be more of a blaster :))

:D

Got the game today and after a smoother than smooth install and set up process (very impressed with this after the trauma I went through with FFXI) it certainly does look mighty fine.

I'll look out for you when I'm on.

(the character creation really does look impressivly indepth too although my first creation was a bit shit. (Spasmodious you will be missed)

• 4 months later...

So, the boxed up UK version is finally out in Feburary - is anyone else thinking of picking it up? I always did want to be Marvel Girl (though the recent news of Marvel suing the shit out of the developers over players' attempts to re-create various Marvel IP is disappointing) but might plump for the Midnighter instead (an analogue of an analogue...how frightfully post-post-modern or something)

So, the boxed up UK version is finally out in Feburary - is anyone else thinking of picking it up? I always did want to be Marvel Girl (though the recent news of Marvel suing the shit out of the developers over players' attempts to re-create various Marvel IP is disappointing) but might plump for the Midnighter instead (an analogue of an analogue...how frightfully post-post-modern or something)

I cancelled my account a month ago.

HOWEVER I've got Christmas off. Many games to play but...well you never know :)

Can't....do...it...

EVE and FFXI, man!

OK, if I get really bored of one of those by February I'll give it a shot.

Silence! Dead or alive, you're coming with me. Or to put it another way...

I

I will be king

And you

You will be queen

Though nothing will

Drive them away

We can beat them

Just for one day

We can be Heroes

Just for one day

And you

You can be mean

And I

I'll drink all the time

'Cause we're lovers

And that is a fact

Yes we're lovers

And that is that

Though nothing

Will keep us together

We could steal time

Just for one day

We can be Heroes

For ever and ever

What d'you say

I

I wish you could swim

Like the dolphins

Like dolphins can swim

Though nothing

Will keep us together

We can beat them

For ever and ever

Oh we can be Heroes

Just for one day

We'll be cooler than Batman & Robin and funnier than Beetle & Booster. Just remember who's in charge and who's the sidekick, though. Right?

Looks sweet guys. Can someone answer a question for me;

What's the combat like? Is it standard RPG "click and watch" turn based stuff, or is it real-time button bashing?

I played it solidly (with a number of other forumites) for about 3 months and my account is still active, though I'm considering quitting.

The combat is basically the same as most mmorpg's in that you run up to/target the bad guy, click on the chosen power (for example a flurry of punches or energy beam) and you fire it at the target.

I would say that it is awesome fun, but that the depth beyond the combat is lacking. City of Villains may well change that and they have been making efforts to increase the out of combat activity (adding exploration badges and items) but in the end I think it's just down to what you want out of it.

That was aces fun when we all started, but it all got a bit 'samey' after a while. The real kicker for me was when the big update seemed to be aimed more at lower level players and I could see less becoming available for me to do.

I actually miss playing though. Any idea if you are able to reactivate characters?

I actually miss playing though. Any idea if you are able to reactivate characters?

As far as I know your account and all the characters that are held in it are stored in case you want to re-join. I'm seriously considering it too. Maybe when CoV comes out. Though World of Warcraft looks REALLY tempting...