IGNORED

Car Booting July 11

Badger

Having found out that a bloke at work has been trawling the local fairs that little bit earlier than me, I got up at a ridiculous hour this morning...

3 fairs down, and pickings still weren't great but....

Quickshot Zipstick 50p

Boxed Sega Master System + 6 games £10

And I've finally started the season... :)

quickshot didn't make the zipstick, did they? :)

Possibly not....I can't remember what's on the box, and can't go and check cos I'm doing some work at the minute...

There are so many tatty old joysticks floating around at the mo I can never remember what's what......

Bugger all about today. Did get there early but saw VERY little of note.

Masses of pikeys...all going from car to car asking if they had any @Playstatio, Sony, Nintendo or SEGA'. Bum.

Also one bloke, who I know runs a stall at another boot sale, was just buying any Playstation games he saw. Thankfully, the games I saw in his bag were sheet. :)

Woke up today without a hangover so off i went. Long post alert!

Pretty successful (well, for me!)

Silent Hill 2 ps2 (2 disc set) £5

but its the Sinclar stuff i got which may be interesting

Some old guy was getting rid of this lot

Zx81

Loads of Artic Computing tapes. Some look like very early titles, possibly mail order only

ZX Galaxians, Sword of Peace

Gobbleman (!)

Zx81 toolkit (software)

ZxChess

Chess by Micro-Gen

J.K Greye Software

3d Monster Maze (one went for 15 quid on fleabay the other day)

Catacombs

Starfighter / Pyramind / Artist

Centipede by Llamasoft

Psion / Sinclair Software

Fantasy Games

Space Raiders

Flight Simulation

VU Calc

VU File

Backgammon

ZX Gulp by Campbell systems

About 16 other tapes. Look like compilations ZX81 'Super Programmes' apparently by ICL COmputers from 1981

Speccy

Most pleased with this lot. Probably not worth anything but all original releases

New Generation

Escape (spent hours playing this in the old days)

Bug Byte

Spectral Invaders

Spectres

Manic Miner

Mazogs

DKTronics

3d Tanx

Maziacs

Dictator

Centipede (copy in original case)

Ultimate

Cookie

Psssst

Atic Atac

Jetpac

Transam

Quicksilva (best covers ever IMO)

Timegate

Frenzy

Mined Out

Aquaplane

Meteor Storm

Space Intruders

The Chess Player

3dStrategy

Speakeasy

Melbourne House

Penetrator

Imagine

Schizoids (or should that be Shitzoids?)

Zzoom

Arcadia

Ah Diddums

Automata

Pi Eyed

Pimania

Micromega

Codename Mat (copy)

Full throttle

Ocean

Kong

Daley Thompson supertest

Hunchback

The Great Escape

Daley Thomspons Decathlon

They Sold a Million 3

Hunchback 2

Activision

Ghostbusters (with 9.99 price tag on it :) )

Durell

Harrier Attack

Sega

Zaxxon

US Gold

Blue Max

Psion / Sinclair

Biorhythms

Games 1, 2, 3 and 5

VU 3d

Past Times 2

Scrabble

Hungry Horace

Incentive

Moon Cresta

Few other bits and bobs (including Match Day for the amstrad 464 !) The guy told me that he also had a Spectrum but he had left it at home. His wife said £15 for the lot but knocked them down to a tenner which he seemed very pleased with,

Hardly any psx stuff.

was working so couldnt go. Told my mum about some games you should get if she sees them, so she got Zelda LTTP (just cartridge) for a £1. However apon getting home, i found out the guy had 25 snes games.. i just wish i knew what some of them were (one was mario kart she remembers).

was working so couldnt go. Told my mum about some games you should get if she sees them, so she got Zelda LTTP (just cartridge) for a £1. However apon getting home, i found out the guy had 25 snes games.. i just wish i knew what some of them were (one was mario kart she remembers).

Don't torture yourself!

A little kid beat me to a 25p Phantasy Star II this afternoon. Git.

have seen a lot of C64 and Spectrum stuff - but to be honest id just shove it away in the attick and never play it.

probably will put it in the cupboard to be honest :)

Dunno why i buy so much speccy stuff. Perhaps i'm feeling guilty about all that schoolboy piracy back in the 80's!! :D

jerellis1 pm'd ya

saw a couple of these threads before, some good finds :o where abouts are you guys gonig to these car boot sales then?

There's a cracking one in Hayle, south west cornwall that I used to scour very now and then, trouble is people down there down have much else to do so they swamp the place at like 7am and crowd your cars as you drive in, peering in through the windows, lol.

Just checked the games with the Master System....Alex Kidd in Miracle World.... :)

Missed out on a PSOne with a whole bag full of games for £15 as some Indian housewife was buying up every Playstation item she found... :blink:

But all in all, not a bad day....and back by 9am....

The afternoon was slightly better for me and the sun even came out to say hello!

Got a minty mint Ico with the postcards for £8

Zelda: Wind Waker and a cheat disc for £8

Pilotwings, Donkey Kong Country and Mario is Missing £5 (all boxed and mint)

So I was quite chuffed with that. There was other stuff that interested me but I have seriously run out of space in my flat and so I turned down an unboxed DC and around 10 games for £15.

As I said above I missed a nice looking copy of Phantasy Star on the MD that went for 25p. Shame.

I am thinking of ditching the morning boot as I never seem to get much from there and the number of pikeys clambering into the backs of cars and racing round buying up ANY gaming gubbins is getting a little depressing.

Might follow the Car Boot King's example and head out into the countryside to find some smaller boot sales. B)

Thankfully the pikeys don't seem to bother with the afternoon boot sale. I think this is because they don't let the buyers in until 1pm so everyone goes in together and the sellers have been able to set their stalls up. This means that the pikeys can't clamber into the backs of cars and what have you.

I can never seem to find info about smaller countryside ones....They don't seem to be listed anywhere, and it seems like the only option would be to drive round for a few hours in the hope of seeing a small cardboard sign... :blink:

I can never seem to find info about smaller countryside ones....They don't seem to be listed anywhere, and it seems like the only option would be to drive round for a few hours in the hope of seeing a small cardboard sign... :blink:

Go to the local town hall and ask, look for signs, and look in the admag.

I see loads of these "car boot sale here next week" type signs, just on my travels.

Word of mouth is also good. Ask some of the yokels, where else they go - I do that all the time :)

I usually find its fairly rare when you see someone with 25 games that there is more than 3 or 4 good ones, usually the other games are Fifa, Fifa and more Fifa.

Its either that, or all 25 are top titles - the local pikeys I saw on my travels this weekend, had a major good find, but then so did I :blink:

I would write down exactly what games you want and how much to pay for boxed and unboxed, sure it would take a while, but I bet she will do you proud with the right information.

Regards

What do the pikeys do with all these games?!?

I've given up on boot fairs in SE London now - there's a good market in Deptford every wednesday & Friday I used to go to when I worked there, but haven't been in ages now since I moved job. Also, I find you can get some real bargains in Cash Converters these days.

I've given up on boot fairs in SE London now - there's a good market in Deptford every wednesday & Friday I used to go to when I worked there, but haven't been in ages now since I moved job. Also, I find you can get some real bargains in Cash Converters these days.

The ones that frequent the sales I go to generally put it all on their own stall the week after, at hugely inflated prices. £9 for Rayman on PS One anybody? This is what confuses me, a little, though, is that normally the stuff they buy remains on their stall for ages. No one buys it!? How do they make any money?

I have bought some stuff of them before but it does have to be said that they generally buy up stuff I wouldn't want anyway.

I have also heard a number of them talking about ebay so I expect a lot of it goes on there, as well.

my ex used to live in Bedford . When i visited her i used to go to about 3 or 4 around there on a sunday and picked up some bargains.

Given up on the main ones now, as above, try and find an 'out in the sticks one' thats not too large that the average ned / chav's car wont reach :blink:

Come on then, enrage us with jealousy.

Well you did ask :

The pikeys got a super mario all-stars boxset with about 30 boxed games, and most were top titles. Then the bloke gives them an n64 (loose) with about 30 boxed games and again mostly amazing titles, and says lets call it £20 for the lot. I nearly fell over... I just missed it by about 30 seconds...

But, then I had my revenge, I see a bloke dumping a SHITLOAD of Technic Lego sets on the floor, and he wants £150 the lot, I give him £110... I had 14 large Technic sets - all the early pneumatic / mindstorms sets, and I reckon I have close to £1000 there - what a bargain. EDIT: all boxed, as new, even had the large black car with the red seats that I had as a kid, and gave away to my nephew!

You can now call me "pikey re-selling scum" if you like as its going on ebay once I have took them all apart and re-made them, to check they are all complete.

The Integra isn't far off now :)

All of my other stuff from Sunday is at my Dads house being tested and cleaned :D Will post later when I pick it all up. Got soaked 3 times on Sunday if that makes you feel better :blink:

Regards

my ex used to live in Bedford . When i visited her i used to go to about 3 or 4 around there on a sunday and picked up some bargains.

Given up on the main ones now, as above, try and find an 'out in the sticks one' thats not too large  that the average ned / chav's car wont reach  :)

What's the difference between a pikey, nav and chav then?

I know what you mean about the 'out in the sticks one' I do quite a few of them now. The big ones are hard work LOL :blink:

The pikeys got a super mario all-stars boxset with about 30 boxed games, and most were top titles. Then the bloke gives them an n64 (loose) with about 30 boxed games and again mostly amazing titles, and says lets call it £20 for the lot. I nearly fell over... I just missed it by about 30 seconds...

:blink: That's a good buy.

I've often said that booting within the M25 is a no-go due to inflated sense of worth.

Hello!?! It's a BOOT-FAIR!!!

£15 for a SNES with one game - No! :blink:

But I still go, init?