IGNORED

PGR2 Download Pack 2

tsunami1

Should be available by the time you read this, from the Bizarre Creations site:

The Cars - 8 Additions

Subaru 22B STi - One of the most famous Subaru's ever made, this wideboy will give you a run for your money. It is the car all Subaru owners want, and now you can get it too.

Ariel Atom 2 - This light weight open wheeled car uses the Civic Tyre-R engine and couples it with a superlightweight frame and rear wheel drive control. This car handles like a dream, a really nice dream indeed

Dodge RAM SRT-10 - The latest supertruck from Dodge and a world record holder. This extreme beast has an 8.3 litre Viper engine to push it over 150mph. And yes, it is in fact a truck.

Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi - 1970's ultimate muscle car. It's a Dodge Challenger, need we say any more?

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti - The latest car to leave Ferrari's garage. Boasting 199mph and a fresh new design, this car, 4 seats or not, is still an incredibly fast machine built for speed and style. It achieves both admirably.

Volkswagen Nardo - With 600+ horsepower in a unique W12 engine, the Nardo is VW's supercar competitor. Another addition to the big boys with it's sleek curves and AWD acceleration, how will it fare against some of the fastest cars in history?

Porsche 911 GT2 Clubsport - The new GT2 in all it's glory. Tighter handling, tweaked performance, and the unmistakable 911 body, it is an ultimate track Porsche.

Radical SR3 Turbo - Last, but definately not least, the Radical SR3 Turbo. Currently the laptime record holder for the Nurgburgring, this Suzuki Hayabusa bike engine powered track monster makes up for it's lack of top end grunt through insane acceleration and unparalleled grip. This car is on rails, will the TVR drivers be able to hold it off?

===========

So thats the cars then, but what about the new city?

Long Beach City - 8 New Tracks

Starting with the famous Long Beach City race track we've got 8 new tracks for you to test your meddle against. Middle of the road dividers, abrupt elevation changes, long sweeping straights and kudos generating hairpins turn this is one of the most varied, rewarding and challenging cities in the PGR series.

But while you're racing round you also get to enjoy the sunny palm tree lined streets of Los Angeles. Past the convention centre, down Ocean Drive and powersliding in front of the Westin. It's all there and it's all bathed in that classic LA sunshine. Bring sunblock.

Looks good, although its premium content once again.

As a new download pack should be available by the time you read this, i came to the conclusion that there was very little point to it as i realised i didnt once play the paris pack.

Just wondering if any others still play this regularly or has it passed its peak. If these additions had come a few months earlier i think i would have found myself far more interested. Still believe this to be one of the finest console racing games of all time however.

Also i still feel somewhat uneasy at having to pay for extras via xbox live, for this game ive no doubt whats being offered is worthy of anyones cash, but i would imagine it sets a rather dangerous precident.

Not sure about paying for this one (if it was on my card, I'd definitely go for it), because the amount of people buying this as well as the Paris pack might be a bit lower this time, and, sod it, I'm buying it anyway. :)

Still play it (can't at the moment, away with Yod@), it's great online. ^_^

One thing i did wonder, as i havent really played online since the first download pack, i remember there being concerns that having premium content would fragment the community somewhat, did it have any effect or were those fears unfounded?

It doesnt fragment it, i dont have the paris pack so when ever im online no one plays it due to me not having it, very kind of them, id like to buy them both at some point, but id prefer them to be on a demo disc, kind of makes things a bit easier as then i know what ive paid for, as its not my credit card on live.

Shame on you all!

The Paris tracks are some of the best tracks in the game. Paris>Chicago/Washington/ (and probably) Stockholm.

Its a shame with Premium content you can't try before you buy to see what you are getting...but I'm sure this pack will be just as good as Paris. The cars seem to be better in this pack.

Is there a download pack that makes the game more playable? 

:)

As noted recently in GamesTM KOTOR's downloadable content for Xbox came far too late. Apparently for the sequel the new developer is going to write this wrong.

It's criminal that content that is delivered as late as PGR2's should cost.

However could this start a worrying trend? As a developer who is going to offer downloadable content, do you TAKE OUT a level (which does not really interfere with any storyline) or features, and then shift it to DLC?

There's certainly the possibility for abuse here.

I love Paris, as has been said it's got some of the best tracks.

And some of the Ferraris you got with it were the most fun cars in the game.

I'll definitely get this pack as well, hopefully there'll be some new fun cars.

And after all, It's only 20p more expensive than a pint in my local.

It would be rude not too.

As noted recently in GamesTM KOTOR's downloadable content for Xbox came far too late. Apparently for the sequel the new developer is going to write this wrong.

It's criminal that content that is delivered as late as PGR2's should cost.

Why? By not releasing this content early, they're drawing out the life of the game, giving people something fresh to play just as they're on the cusp of getting bored. If everything was available almost immediately, there'd be little marginal enjoyment from it.

Why? By not releasing this content early, they're drawing out the life of the game, giving people something fresh to play just as they're on the cusp of getting bored. If everything was available almost immediately, there'd be little marginal enjoyment from it.

You are looking at targeting people when they are still playing the game, that's why.

The length of time between PG2 release and the first DLC WAS far too long. On that there's no argument. I bet bizarre and Microsoft would have preferred it to have arrived sooner.

You are looking at targeting people when they are still playing the game, that's why.

The length of time between PG2 release and the first DLC WAS far too long. On that there's no argument. I bet bizarre and Microsoft would have preferred it to have arrived sooner.

My opinion differs. It came at a time when I was just starting to get bored with the original tracks - after all, there are enough of them.

There were 11 cities. And over 100 cars.

You can hardly say that you were shortchanged the first time round.

Similarly - Links had 6? courses. With one being downloadable for free. Again, you're not really being shortchanged.

Meanwhile - if I sign into Live on a second xbox (at the same IP) do I have to pay again for the content?