IGNORED

Appear in gamesTM

strider

Right then chaps, I mentioned this a while back and it's finally going ahead. I'm looking for people who are proud of their coveted collections (up to and including Dreamcast) and want to show them off to the world.

All you need to do is submit some decent pictures (quality is obviously important, we want them to look good) send in a photo of yourself and be prepared to answer a few questions about your hobby and Bob's your uncle.

Yay i might do this, i have literally TONS of stuff.

I got a decent camera too..

Would people think im some nerdy guy though? Ah well.. ill try send some pics tonight!

sounds excellent mate. This will be on a first come, first served basis, so if you don't want to wait a few months, start sending them in.

Out of interest before i start taking pics - do you want just the new systems (ie ps2/gc/xbox/gba) or any system (megadrive/saturn/DC etc etc).

cheers

strider does the RETRO part of the mag and this is the RETRO part of the forum so theres a clue or two for you :D

http://photos.yahoo.com/gameheaven

There you go.

Best bits you may be interested in:

Laser Active

Complete Vectrex collection (pen, carry case, 3D glasses, all games, multi cart)

Complete atari 5200 collection, all 72 US games, 15 prototypes.

Decent Saturn collecton inc a load of imports, prototype Nights controller, pds

Colecovision + 100 games

800 plus c64 games, sx 64.

decent 2600 (150), atari 8 bit (250 inc most rare games) and megadrive (300)collections

Dreamcast dev kit, 260 odd Gd -Roms inc protos, review versions unreleased stuff like Geist force etc.

Get me an email address and I'll forward it to ccnuk , theres some serious 2600 boys there, proto's the lot, unless you just want Japanese stuff?

I think you should look for the weirdest collection. Like maybe someone has built a small house out of copies of Vandel Hearts or something - thus rendering the value useless, as the superglue has melded the boxes together.

Geek Chic

well ive taken pics of my collection. Well nearly all the collection, i left out the saturn and a few other consoles because i didnt really have many games so what would be the point of just taking a photo of a saturn.

Most my boxes for the consoles were in the attick, so i left them out.

I do think ive got a pretty good collection of Game gear and Megadrive games though.. plus got the Nomad, Multimega, Pokemin Mini, NGC etc etc.

Annoyingly, after i took some of the photos and put the stuff away, i found more games etc. But redoing the pics would have taken too long. It was 1:30am when i finished taking the pics..

My collection is no way as big as 213's collection though. However i really only buy the games I want to play.. dont really want them clogging roomspace up.

My Collection

Oh the pics are quite big file sizes.

Get me an email address and I'll forward it to ccnuk , theres some serious 2600 boys there, proto's the lot, unless you just want Japanese stuff?

If anyone wants pics of some seriously rare 2600 stuff, let me know.

Unfortunately they are cart only. Well, with box and manual, you are talking $1000 plus easy per title...

Those carts still change hands for $500. ;)

Bonus points for the Wonder Woman poster too. :huh:

Thank you Sir.

My 70's woman and 80's game fetish come together in that room nicely.

Needs a bloody good tidy up mind, still I've pared a lot of the collection down now and got it into either the games room or proper storage so it's out of the long suffering Missus way.

Anyway.... I wondered (out aloud)

If any of you lot happen to be in the Bucks/Beds area would any of you.

1) Fancy attending a collectors meetup (proper collectors meetup, trading, old stuff, maybe some halo, drinks, old games, buying, selling pin tail on donkey that sort of thing) if I was to try to kick off say a quarterly collectors meetup like they do in many areas in the the US? We can get a really nice meeting room for the day for about 200 quid, if we get a few people off various lists etc we can chip in a fiver each and any extra can go towards some nibbles, drinks etc. The venue would have excellent parking, near a train station where we can pick you up from and is next to a McDonalds, KFC, morrisons (pah pikey bring back safeway) Pizza Hut and Pub.

I'll post in meet ups but I'd be specifically interested in people from this part of the forum attending and trying to build something up from the ground on a regular basis. I've done meetups before as many of you know and those who've attended before would of course be welcome as it's all games isn't it? But I'd just love to get a trade session going....

2) Come over for a chat and a drink maybe one day or evening, we can Get Michael, Random and a few other legendary forumites down, have a look at some of our items, do some swapping etc...

Cheers 213

Thank you Sir.

My 70's woman and 80's game fetish come together in that room nicely.

Needs a bloody good tidy up mind, still I've pared a lot of the collection down now and got it into either the games room or proper storage so it's out of the long suffering Missus way.

Anyway.... I wondered (out aloud)

If any of you lot happen to be in the Bucks/Beds area would any of you.

1) Fancy attending a collectors meetup (proper collectors meetup, trading, old stuff, maybe some halo, drinks, old games, buying, selling pin tail on donkey that sort of thing) if I was to try to kick off say a quarterly collectors meetup like they do in many areas in the the US? We can get a really nice meeting room for the day for about 200 quid, if we get a few people off various lists etc we can chip in a fiver each and any extra can go towards some nibbles, drinks etc. The venue would have excellent parking, near a train station where we can pick you up from and is next to a McDonalds, KFC, morrisons (pah pikey bring back safeway) Pizza Hut and Pub.

I'll post in meet ups but I'd be specifically interested in people from this part of the forum attending and trying to build something up from the ground on a regular basis. I've done meetups before as many of you know and those who've attended before would of course be welcome as it's all games isn't it? But I'd just love to get a trade session going....

2) Come over for a chat and a drink maybe one day or evening, we can Get Michael, Random and a few other legendary forumites down, have a look at some of our items, do some swapping etc...

Cheers 213

If it's not hundreds of miles away from peterborough, then I'd be up for it...

Nowhere near a collection like yours yet though....

Its not worh me getting involved now I've seen 213's stuff

I fell very inferior now :(

Good gracious, it's not as though we're comparing everyone's cocks. :)

It's simply a chance for everyone to talk about why they love collecting and to show of some of goodies. We're limiting it to 3 pics, so unless you've got a panoramic camera, you probably would'nt be able to show it all anyway :P

Honestly Sandman, send me your pics

Its not worh me getting involved now I've seen 213's stuff

I fell very inferior now :)

I wouldn't, its a substitute for having a shit life and never ever being able to leave the 80's behind