IGNORED

Shrek 2 is good

kerraig UK

In fact, its way better than it has every right to be. From the script, to the technology to the acting. It's a better movie than the incredibles and far funnier.

The only thing that lets it down is the awful MTV soundtrack.

I did like the first one when i saw it at the cinema, but i didnt think it stood up to repeated viewing. This one is so much more accomplished.

Tempted to give it 5/5 but i think i'm goona settle for 4.5/5 cossa the music.

Really? I thought it was alright, but not a patch on the original. The first half of the film dragged on a bit, it only got better i thought once Puss in Boots appeared, and even then he wasnt in the film enough. Same with Donkey I thought, he just didnt get as much screen time as the original.

The singing bit with the fairy godmother i thought was awful, obviously based around the beauty and the beast song.

Ill have to watch it again sometime, but i wasnt hugely impressed, nor did i find it that funny. My mates also thought the same really about the film as well.

It's been available on DVD for a while now (not bad quality, either. Ahem.)

Uh, yeah, fantastic sequel. Obviously it can't match the magical feeling of seeing the first one again, but there are enough gags to keep things rolling along with pleasure.

"Are. We. There. Yet?!"

Have you seen Shrek 3D? I was in Universal in Florida the week it opened, and on the big screen and with the movement its fantastic - not too sure how it'll translate onto the small screen without the effects.

Shrek 3D was alright, but once you have seen a "3d" movie, you have seen them all. Well theme park ones anyway. Didnt think much of it really, funny in a few places. And damn we waited 2 hours to watch it!!!

strangely they released it on DVD a while back, you can use the 3d glasses included. However you dont get the water squirt thing and air..

hang on wasnt it called Shrek 4D at Universal? Ah so its probably right to have changed it to Shrek 3D on dvd.

Thing is, whats going to happen to the actual thing in Universal? If people can watch it on dvd, seems to make it a bit redundant. maybe they were change it to something else..

I really hated the original.everyone was telling me how funny it was, And that it was the best film they'd watched in ages, But seriously, it was crap.Well i thought so.

I was surprised then to find that i found Shrek 2 very funny, I was basically forced to watch, But i enjoyed it and i was quite surprised.

So the real question is how can I perswade my friends to come with me and see this movie when they all think Shreks a kids film? Any ideas?

Either:

(i) Get other friends.

(ii) Go on your own. It's really not that scary.

See..

I get to watch these type of movies in school. Because I rock.

Seen Ice Age, Finding Nemo, Shrek and most of Monsters, Inc. so far.

But I'm realyl looking forward to seeing Shrek 2. \m/

See..

I get to watch these type of movies in school. Because I rock.

Seen Ice Age, Finding Nemo, Shrek and most of Monsters, Inc. so far.

But I'm realyl looking forward to seeing Shrek 2. \m/

Still in kindergarten, matey? :)

I did like the first one when i saw it at the cinema, but i didnt think it stood up to repeated viewing. This one is so much more accomplished.

Exactly my viewpoint.

I might give this a whirl, then.

It's a better movie than the incredibles and far funnier.

You've seen The Incredibles? :D It's one of my most-anticipated films this year. Kinda disappointed to hear you preferred Shrek 2. I mean, it's a great movie, but I thought Incredibles would be amazing.

Either:

(i) Get other friends.

(ii) Go on your own. It's really not that scary.

Problem solved, my firneds have agreed to go see it with me tomorrow. Not that I don't want to go on my own, it's just the multiplex is a good 45 minutes car drive and if possible I prefer to go with friends just so we can make a decent evening out of it.

I saw this yesterday. I thought it was patchy and badly paced. Huge sections of the film were talky and just not funny.

The funny bits were brilliant though. There were some great sequences, especially near the end. And make sure you stay for the after-the-credit-bit.

7/10

Odd thing: Joan Rivers (seen in the trailers) had been replaced with a british voice (and her face seemed to have been altered to remove the resemblance). Why do that? Joan Rivers appearance was itself a funny moment. Unless the replacement was of equal UK fame then it was a pointless change.

Also Jonathon Ross's cameo appears to be a replacement for US TV Journalist Larry King.

Neither of these changes were in the credits (it still said Rivers/King)

Great film, so much funnier than the first. My favourite bits in handy yellow for those who don't want to know:

Puss caught licking testicles

Puss busted with a bag of catnip

Pinocchio wearing women's underwear

One of those rare films that just gets better and better.

Odd thing: Joan Rivers (seen in the trailers) had been replaced with a british voice (and her face seemed to have been altered to remove the resemblance). Why do that? Joan Rivers appearance was itself a funny moment. Unless the replacement was of equal UK fame then it was a pointless change.

Also Jonathon Ross's cameo appears to be a replacement for US TV Journalist Larry King.

Neither of these changes were in the credits (it still said Rivers/King)

It mentions jonathon ross and the other girl right at the very end of the credits.

I think the should have kept rivers in though, Who doesn't know who she is?I know most children probably won't but adults will.From the clip i watched in the trailer her voice seems much better suited to the part as well.In the film it just seemed rather crappy in comparison.