IGNORED

New OXBM

SeanR

It sounds great. It won't be.

I've sworn off buying console demo disks*.

(* Ok - magazines, but the only selling point of OXBM and OPSM2 is the demon disk... )

I've knocked them on the head too, they're always so tempting but timed demos are too common now and it annoys the piss out of me to be dumped back to the menu screen after a couple of minutes play. Better off blowing a tenner on something second hand or having a look at the Play sale. Or cigarettes.

Nobody would but these mags if it wasn't for the demos

Case in Point - Official Nintendo Magazine

For some reason, the proles love game demos.

I only ever steal these mags from WH Smiths anyway and thats only rarely because I'm vaguely interested in a demo. In fact, I never even played the Sonic Heroes demo and, in the end, just bought it for the wife anyway.

Official Mags are shit and have been since the demise of the Official Dreamcst mag.

Nobody would but these mags if it wasn't for the demos

Case in Point - Official Nintendo Magazine

Sadly ONM gets sales of around 60,000 a month which is if I remember correctly only about 20,000 less than OXM and about double what NGC gets. Although demo disks are important the 'offcial' title does help shift the mags.

Bought it when it came out, played the Galleon demo through in about ten minutes and playin the Ninja Gaiden demo now, but it was the Galleon demo that swayed it for me.

The magazine is still as toe curlingly not good as ever, which is a shame and to be honest I ended up thinkin that it wasn`t worth the £6 just to see what Galleon was like... save your money, ask a shop to demo it for you. and someone someone get oxbm up to a standard where it`s worth the money.

Yeah, thing is though those demos,

I could easily see me buying at least 2 of the 4 games :) Not sure I would otherwise...

Ah fuck it! Who am I kidding!?

Of course I would have.

Mind you. The NG demo? Whole of the first level upto the bloke with the nunchuks?

Completed it at my first attempt. Whereas, at the last bath meet, he owned me good.

Van Helsing? Died in the room downstairs :(

Galleon, well I paused it after the pole jump, and when I came back the machine had reset ;)

Next month's disc looks promising - Sudeki, Psi Ops and a couple of others that caught my eye.

It might be the first time I've bought it since the PGR2 demo.

You get a whole level of Sudeki with stunning boss battle, plus Hitman Contracts, Railsport Challenge 2 with five game modes, Psi-Ops with the training level, plus 2 more levels and Rainbow Six 3 Meat Factory download.

+ movies of Halo 2 E3 whole 10 minute presentation, Half-Life 2, Brother in Arms, Spider-Man 2, Ghost Recon 2, Silent Hill 4, PoP2.

They will also review Driv3r, after the game has been out for a while. Hmm.....

+ Free Riddick poster!!!!

You get a whole level of Sudeki with stunning boss battle, plus Hitman Contracts, Railsport Challenge 2 with five game modes, Psi-Ops with the training level, plus 2 more levels and Rainbow Six 3 Meat Factory download.

+ movies of Halo 2 E3 whole 10 minute presentation, Half-Life 2, Brother in Arms, Spider-Man 2, Ghost Recon 2, Silent Hill 4, PoP2.

They will also review Driv3r, after the game has been out for a while. Hmm.....

+ Free Riddick poster!!!!

It hope it's the Brothers In Arms demo that's on Gamespot right now, because it actually looks quite interesting (and not just yet another WWII FPS).

You get a whole level of Sudeki with stunning boss battle

How do you know it'll be 'stunning'? I played through the whole preview code (about three and a half hours) and I didn't find a single 'stunning' example... western and diluted compared to other RPGs I've played before, yes, but not stunning.

But then, that's just me.

The PoP2 vid is about 15 secons long, if that. Half Life 2 looks like PC footage, and barren one at that.

The Rallysport Chellenge demo is a corker tough. All five modes, with one car and track each, but a good demo all the same.

Hitman Contracts has the third stage, which is great fun.

How do you know it'll be 'stunning'? I played through the whole preview code (about three and a half hours) and I didn't find a single 'stunning' example... western and diluted compared to other RPGs I've played before, yes, but not stunning.

Dead inside Mart, dead inside. You didn't think it was cool, the way you had slidey block puzzles and that cool boss spider which you defeat by... hmmm :D

I copied it from the magazine!

Dead inside Mart, dead inside. You didn't think it was cool, the way you had slidey block puzzles and that cool boss spider which you defeat by... hmmm :D

Fuck. Slidey block puzzles.

*crosses off to buy list* ;)

Mind you, ever zelda game ever has slidey block puzzles.

...It's just like Zelda!

*puts it back on to buy list*

Fuck. Slidey block puzzles.

*crosses off to buy list* ;)

Mind you, ever zelda game ever has slidey block puzzles.

...It's just like Zelda!

*puts it back on to buy list*

Just as long as it doesnt have as many as the last Broken Sword :D

Psi Ops is good too, playing the final release at the moment.

You can pick people up with your psi powers and shoot them, leaving their dead body just hang in the air...Bliss.

You can also take over peoples minds and control them, which is always fun. Especially when you force them to shoot themselves in the face.

Fun fun fun.