Ninja Gaiden Gets an Upgrade

This is bullshit man, fucking bullshit. "Oooh Mr Monkichi, would you like some new weapons? Would you like some new enemies? How about we fix that camera for you?" and as I look up innocently and nodd saying "Yes please Mr Tecmo" they laugh and shout "HOW ABOUT WE MAKE IT HARDER MUHAHAHAHAH" and I say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Bastards :)

EDIT: Monkichi rant 1.1 coming up...

Right, who the hell do Tecmo think they are? I ca't believe they're changing the balance of the game like this. I don't want it faster you sadistic cunts, why are you trying to spoil this game for me? Why can't I choose how difficult the game is, why do I have to choose between a game I can actualy progress on or a hard as fuck experience but with bells and whistles. I'm a bitter man, yes, and I know this is a great update... damn you all :wub:

Hmm, I suggest that we wait for the update before slating it for being too difficult. Maybe the changes are so small you hardly notice it.

Nonsense. Why should I wait for something when I can slate it right now without ever having so much as touched it :)

It was just a bit of a shock that's all.

Nonsense. Why should I wait for something when I can slate it right now without ever having so much as touched it :wub:

It was just a bit of a shock that's all.

:)

The more I think about it, the more silly it seems.

It's like Reflections releasing an update for Driv3r with HILARIOUS NEW GLITCHES!

Actually, I'd pay good money for a game which was built around hilarious glitches, like Snake's dissapearing face in MGS2 which I managed to provoke once (eyes, teeth, tongue, eyelids, hair, just no skin).

I got this and it's just too fucking fast! I thought it would be a Prince of Persia-esque game, not the crazy speed-fest it is. And any game that requires you to do some stupid tedious manuever over and over again, like the friend-boss man and the big Samurai is just taking the piss.

I spent 7 potions on that stupid fight with the horsemen because I couldn't see the bastards coming up my arse with a big pike. I'm shit enough at fighting as it is, I can't be having to fight the camera as well.

If Tecmo are going to be so fucking arrogant to make their game excessively hard, with not even an easy option, then they can be fucked. There's no need to be so damn stubborn about these things, all the need to do is increase the damage various weapons do, decrease the enemies' health and increase the health power-ups. It's just stat increases which could be done in 5 minutes.

I paid money for the game and it's not ruining Tecmo's artistic vision to allow me to actually play it how I want. I'm returning this game and maybe downloading it later with the upgrades applied, if possible. Viewtiful Joe doesn't come close to this.

Ninja Gaiden series has always been rock solid.

Hell I remember being on holiday and asking my dad for money to play the first one in the arcade, and I got killed within 20 seconds. He um, never gave me money for games again after that.

That aside though, my version had the worst v-synching (or what ever it's called) I've ever seen in a videogame.

Were you playing it in PAL 50 mode? There's a leaflet with the game that asks you to switch your xbox to PAL 60 before playing. It makes a HUGE difference.

It really is worth the effort. Such a fantastic game when you get the hang of it.

The unlockable ff7 cloud style oversized broadsword is the acest thing ever.

You have to get used to it, and it's not forgiving. When you do slaughter those enemies without breaking a sweat, you'll feel like a God.

Well, bow before me then! :unsure:

As soon as I've downloaded it, I'm going to try Very Hard. (am now on Hard and I must say, it's not)

Well, bow before me then! :unsure:

As soon as I've downloaded it, I'm going to try Very Hard. (am now on Hard and I must say, it's not)

How do 'hard' and 'very hard' compare to normal then? I started playing through again on normal to get the 'consecutive play' bonuses. I assume if I was to start on 'hard' I'd have to get all the scarabs again, and wouldn't be able to get the dark dragon blade?

You kids these days are all gaming wimps - its not that hard at all - just a little demanding in places. Mainstream kids these days...pah! go back to playing Fifa and chaving the streets up at night time.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

I know you were being a bit sarky there Bunta, but I can't help but think that if I was actually still a kid, I probably wouldn't be too bothered about the difficulty of it. I mean, when you're young, you've got time to kill, and I for one spent hours trying to get past a certain level, losing all my lives, and starting again without batting an eyelid. Didn't have much money for games either, so I had to get even more out of the ones I owned.

Nowadays, money isn't so much of a problem - time is at a premium instead. I've got far too many games on the back burner to worry about one which takes delight in killing me repeatedly, and making me do the same parts again and again. Although, having said that, I did actually complete Ninja Gaiden as, as I've already said, after the initial difficulty spike, it doesn't have anywhere else to go, so is quite easy.

But the point is games should be made easer fo all us older gamers, not the Playstation kiddies who have their whole lives to waste paying games.

What a shit point that was...

You kids these days are all gaming wimps - its not that hard at all - just a little demanding in places. Mainstream kids these days...pah! go back to playing Fifa and chaving the streets up at night time.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Pretty much what Tom said really. I love Ninja Gaiden, don't get me wrong, but I don't much much free time to play it so by the time I get a chance it takes me a while to get "back in the groove", by which time I already have to stop playing. As an aexample, I'm currently on the pink woman monster thing at the end of the monastery and every time I play I get to the point where I can just about kick her ass but then I run out of time to play it. By next week (I usualy play at weekeds since I work with games all day and don't fancy them when I get home) I've lost that "touch" and I get my ass handed to me on a plate for a while.

It's not that I'm shit at games, it's just that Ninja Gaiden isn't at all forgiving and demands 100% all the time. Now they want to push it up to 150%? I'll never see the end :)

I know you were being a bit sarky there Bunta, but I can't help but think that if I was actually still a kid, I probably wouldn't be too bothered about the difficulty of it. I mean, when you're young, you've got time to kill, and I for one spent hours trying to get past a certain level, losing all my lives, and starting again without batting an eyelid. Didn't have much money for games either, so I had to get even more out of the ones I owned.

Nowadays, money isn't so much of a problem - time is at a premium instead. I've got far too many games on the back burner to worry about one which takes delight in killing me repeatedly, and making me do the same parts again and again. Although, having said that, I did actually complete Ninja Gaiden as, as I've already said, after the initial difficulty spike, it doesn't have anywhere else to go, so is quite easy.

But the point is games should be made easer fo all us older gamers, not the Playstation kiddies who have their whole lives to waste paying games.

What a shit point that was...

Tom B and Monkichi - Indeed, the amount of time to play and enjoy games is greatly decreased this days with the onset of old age! I agree that time is off a premium and I forget how many games are sat on the shelve yet to be player - Resident Evil 0 has been out of the box once for example! - so yes, there are certainly times when I wish a game could be a bit easier just so I can see the end, its just that I don’t remember a game that is so good been moaned about so much before! Maybe Ninja Gaiden is in fact not much of a game at all without the difficulty? I can imagine been very disappointed if all the work Team Ninja have done could be seen within a few simple hours - and where would that leave the allaction game design philosophy of a game been an ultimately encompassing experience for the player but been over in a relatively short time? Too hard or too easy - the answer is the same, growing older means less time to play games because a little annoyance called life gets in the way!