rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sensible

Wire Hang Redux

I don't like the control. I want to point and click to shoot my wire.

Apart from that it's great! Nothing like getting a big bounce. So to speak :)

I don't like the control. I want to point and click to shoot my wire.

Apart from that it's great! Nothing like getting a big bounce. So to speak :)

I agree. I love the game but I find the control system irritating. Although that's a fault of the original Java version, not our nice man's conversion.

Believe me, I've tried using the girl to mouse location control method. It makes some types ofshots easier (generally the more or less straight up ones) but it makes other shots almost impossible. If you think about it, the girlisconstantly moving, so you're constantly having to recalculate things in your head.

Trust me, it's not all you might think it would be. The fixed radar is better, in fact I'm pretty sure the Japanese guy would have come to the same conclusions.

matt

Believe me, I've tried using the girl to mouse location control method. It makes some types ofshots easier (generally the more or less straight up ones) but it makes other shots almost impossible. If you think about it, the girlisconstantly moving, so you're constantly having to recalculate things in your head.

Trust me, it's not all you might think it would be. The fixed radar is better, in fact I'm pretty sure the Japanese guy would have come to the same conclusions.

matt

I think it works well as it is, takes a bit of getting used to at first as you end up moving the mouse up the screen with the girl and that makes aiming much harder but when you get used to keeping it near the bottom its fine, you'll be firing full length shots diagonally at level 5 single blocks in no time, MARVELOUS!

I think it works well as it is, takes a bit of getting used to at first as you end up moving the mouse up the screen with the girl and that makes aiming much harder but when you get used to keeping it near the bottom its fine, you'll be firing full length shots diagonally at level 5 single blocks in no time, MARVELOUS!

I think you could be world champ! :blink:

matt

I think you could be world champ! ;)

matt

Yes!

I like being world champ at these little desktop games, I was world champ at Super Mario Pac for quite a while ;)

It was you!!!

haha, you're not agust n1 are you?

just popped back to have a look at the scoreboard, I'm in third now, maybe i'll have to dig it out again.....

WORK IN PROGRESS

13 July - Added boss key that makes window look like Notepad (TAB).

05 July - Added window icon. Getting ready for hiscore sharing (again).

29 June - Optimised collision detection. Space bar can be used instead of mouse button.

25 June - Added some sound effects in preparation for Extra mode.

WORK IN PROGRESS

13 July - Added boss key that makes window look like Notepad (TAB).

05 July - Added window icon. Getting ready for hiscore sharing (again).

29 June - Optimised collision detection. Space bar can be used instead of mouse button.

25 June - Added some sound effects in preparation for Extra mode.

Good stuff, your efforts on this have inspired me to get back into my own little game, I'm still using the trial demo so I can't compile exe's yet but when I eventually buy blitz+ I'll get it on here too.

haha, you're not agust n1 are you?

just popped back to have a look at the scoreboard, I'm in third now, maybe i'll have to dig it out again.....

Christ, is it still going?

I don't think I was on the scoreboard after week 1 of it being linked on Uncle Clive.

Good stuff, your efforts on this have inspired me to get back into my own little game, I'm still using the trial demo so I can't compile exe's yet but when I eventually buy blitz+ I'll get it on here too.

What type of game is it?

matt

What type of game is it?

matt

You have to guide a ball up through a level using a metal bar, you control the ends of the bar and have to maneuver it around holes. I'm a computer artist by nature so I'm currently struggling my way through the coding trying to use the Blitzbasic forum searches for code stealing :D I've got the bar fully controllable with acceleration and decay on the movement, and full ball physics with adjustable friction, gravity and holes that kill you all working. I'm just trying to sort out the finer details.

Like at the moment I've generated the bar as a plotted line to get the collision working but the steps in the pixels make it more like a fine staircase than a smooth bar so I need to convert it to vectors which is todays project :P

50 405 there weren't any more blocks ^_^:P

:D

That's a bug then! Did you take a screen shot by any chance?

Are you playign it at normal speed or in a maximised window on a PC with no graphics acceleration? :D

matt

:(

That's a bug then! Did you take a screen shot by any chance?

Are you playign it at normal speed or in a maximised window on a PC with no graphics acceleration? ;)

matt

I tried but I just missed it and got a shot of the score table, I'm playing it normal speed in the normal window. I was literally just working my way up through the single blocks after having climbed quite a bit of level 5 and caught hold of a half decent one about two thirds uP the screen and whooshed past the final couple of single blocks to sail up into clear air where I could do nothing but fall off the screen and game over, nice though, felt like I was breaking out of the atmosphere :(

I was wondering what was going to happen after the single block section ;)

I tried but I just missed it and got a shot of the score table, I'm playing it normal speed in the normal window. I was literally just working my way up through the single blocks after having climbed quite a bit of level 5 and caught hold of a half decent one about two thirds uP the screen and whooshed past the final couple of single blocks to sail up into clear air where I could do nothing but fall off the screen and game over, nice though, felt like I was breaking out of the atmosphere :(

I was wondering what was going to happen after the single block section ;)

They should go on forever! ;)

Actually, looking at the original, it seems there should be progressively more blocks in each level. So it's a mistake on my part... :(

I'll fix that in the next release. At this rate I think I'll release one final version of this with the existing gameplay before I insert my new elements.

matt

Guest kokyu

sensible, this game is great, but it so badly needs high score saving and to a slightly lesser yet still important extent, high score sharing. Put your fanc shenanagins on ice til you implement them, I wanna prove I IZ DAS 1337! Or something equally erotic.

Seriously good game.

Thanks folks.

I really want to get this high score stuff done too. I want to be 100% sure that the gameplay won't change any more before Ii do that though, otherwise we'll be comparing hi scores from different versions of the game!

Patience - it will happen soon!

matt

Guest eyn

I manage to get 34136 while I died at the score around 6000. Guess what, I got around 45 recovery bonus!

How to do it? Oh well, when you manage to get to a point where the platform is in the middle of the screen and not too far from the bottom, keep making small leap that will earn you recovery bonus. (you should be able to keep doing it as the small leap won't cause any upward movement of platform, but u need to have great timing skills) heh, I'm a cheater.