rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sensible

Wire Hang Redux

Just been playing it for five or so minutes and I've got 22274.

Should be able to beat it though :)

Edit - Wahey, almost 25000. Nice little addictive game that :)

Somehow it doesn't seem fair when you've shot the grapnel off and you go off the bottom the screen and it gives you a game over. It should find out whether the hook hits anything first, I reckon.

Also, can you do the aiming from the point of view of the player instead of along the bottom of the screen? Maybe as an option.

Somehow it doesn't seem fair when you've shot the grapnel off and you go off the bottom the screen and it gives you a game over. It should find out whether the hook hits anything first, I reckon.

Also, can you do the aiming from the point of view of the player instead of along the bottom of the screen? Maybe as an option.

The recovery zone is some pixels off the bottom of the screen, so you can almost die and still get the hook to attach. You must just be slightly off with your judgment. :)

I have tried aiming from the player, but it makes firing anything other than straight up really tricky - trust me. I'll add it as an option though. I also want to get online hi score sharing sorted before I release the next version.

Thanks for the feedback.

matt

Nice little game Sensible, I've started a desktop game of my own in Blitz+ but my coding is a bit rubbish, need to get back to it and finish it off to put it on a site like yours, well done on making yours.

30915 is my best so far

Hook the wire on the blocks and ascend to the skies in the action game “Wire Hang Redux”

Shoot the rubber-like flexible wire by clicking the mouse

Hook the wire on the blocks and ascend to the skies in the action game “Wire Hang Redux”, which was released on the 24th June. The free game, which runs in Windows, can be downloaded from the current author’s webpage.

(rest to come)

Thats a grat little game, perfect for filling five spare minutes, but with enough to be an addiction. Hate the avatar though, seems a bit bland.

Guest kokyu

Very good, addictive and simple. :unsure: Some tiny niggles, in the normal size screen mode I keep accidentally clicking off the game window and pausing the game. Unpausing is ok provided I can see the window before I reselect it, but if I'm restoring it after it was minimised to the taskbar in windows it restarts automatically which can be confusing. Would it be possible also to make a maximised window with the same proportions as the smaller one too, as currently it becomes all distorted, and coupled with the small problem I mentioned earlier, it's the only way I can play it sensibly.

26,000 my best so far.

As a suggestion its possible - when you get a platform near the bottom of the window - to just keep hooking onto that over and over again in succession so your just bouncing up and down slightly at the bottom of the screen and pick up 500 recovery points each time, maybe adjust it so that you only get a recovery when hooking onto a platform over a certain height....or something

Guest kokyu
As a suggestion its possible - when you get a platform near the bottom of the window - to just keep hooking onto that over and over again in succession so your just bouncing up and down slightly at the bottom of the screen and pick up 500 recovery points each time, maybe adjust it so that you only get a recovery when hooking onto a platform over a certain height....or something

Or perhaps only one recovery bonus per platform? Once you've got a recovery on any platform you can no longer get it again.

Not sure what you mean about the avatar?

The character in the game, seemed a bit generic: Manga girl #232144

Its not too important though.

The character in the game, seemed a bit generic: Manga girl #232144

Its not too important though.

She was created by the guy that made the original Japanese game - her name is "Ring Ray".

Also, thank goodness level 4 gets hard! :P

matt

39865, dammit, I keep popping this thing on for a quick couple of goes inbetween tasks, nearly made it to level 5 I'm sure :D

EDIT: make that 43332 made it to level 5, got a screenshot of the score breakdown at the end by I can't seem to log into picserver at the mo to put a link on here.