IGNORED

Singstar

Lovelyman

do you have any musical instruments? you've got to relax and tune your voice to the song. try to sing from the front of your mouth rather than your stomach ha ha and hum at first if singing is too complicated.

do you have any musical instruments? you've got to relax and tune your voice to the song. try to sing from the front of your mouth rather than your stomach ha ha and hum at first if singing is too complicated.

I am a non-practicing guitarist :unsure:

I just find it really hard to tell my vocal cords sing what I want them to.

My girlfriend laughs at me and I feel sad :)

Nelson-The_Simpsons.gif

Ha ha.

The line being "just below" where it should be doesn't mean much, as the difference in pitch allowed varies according to the difficulty level.

Maybe this would help - practice picking a note on your guitar, somewhere in the middle of your vocal range. Try and sing it, but make sure you really hear the note first - pick it a few times, hear the pitch, try to sing it.

I am a non-practicing guitarist :unsure:

I just find it really hard to tell my vocal cords sing what I want them to.

My girlfriend laughs at me and I feel sad ;)

try humming at the same pitch as the strings on your guitar. it'll take practice. every person can sing, we're all just guitars with our strings in different increments of tuned/untunedness :)

Heh, I put my name in the pot for an 8 player game yesterday. All I wanted was to watch a couple of other people sing first, then get a deep song.

First up: Garry. Song: I Believe In A Thing Called Love. I was crap.

:unsure:

I tried Ace of Spades, and I was a bit poo at that too..

I guess I'll try the tips abouit singing guitar notes.

:)

Feeling a little bit better now ;)

Well, I'm getting a little bit better.

IT will clikc eventually! the more you train your voice the better you get... I struggled for ages just being able to sing one or two songs now I can sing quite a range although I'm still not brilliant (and playing on easy) I've definately improved!

Cheers

Quexex

First rule: sing loudly and confidently.

If you don't belt it out you'll be bad, you'll have no range and you'll sound awful. You know how vocalists sing on top of the pops? You need to sing like that.

Once you're singing confidently you can push up to notes and shouldn't sound as flat.

Saturday night saw the biggest singstar extravaganza in our house yet. Eleven people all jostling for the mic, all drunk. Madness.

EDIT: YMCA is tough. Kung-fu fighting, ace of spades and YMCA are the hardest three for me.