IGNORED

PC Gamer

footle

You need the context really.

It was a look at Ubi-Soft's lineup at E3, including Splinter Cell 3, which made it all the more ironic.

Ah yes - found the article now.

Is interesting though - the quote's entirely right. For some mad reason Splinter Cell 3 *is* debuting on the PC. It's out on the big beige box before Christmas and the consoles will be waiting for 2005. They *have* chose the PC to debut their latest game.

Interesting.

KG

Yes it's out on PC first.

No-one was debating that.

But where is this world-wide dispair from Xbox owners distraught that the game is coming out next year instead of this, on their outmoded archeic machinery?

Still a daft comment to make, as although SC3 debues on the PC it wasn't exactly one of the most exciting games at the show (though the line to see the video was extremely long). Far more exciting was Halo2, Biohazard 4 or Burnout 3. Jungle Beat or Odama, even.

Wayhey for opinion.

It's just a silly thing to write in a magazine, it's the kind of thing you'd find over at the Team Xbox or IGN forums...

Well it looks like u got proven wrong. Halo 2 single handedly crushed nintendo, i think u need to grow up, nintendo is for little kids, thats why game cube has little kids controllers, ever thought of that?

Mortal Kombat Deception and Halo 2 will be the best games this year, along with alot of other games.

Teamxbox, yesterday.

But where is this world-wide dispair from Xbox owners distraught that the game is coming out next year instead of this, on their outmoded archeic machinery?

"This was the first E3 in a while which really had some console die-hards admitting their jealousy."

Hardly "world-wide despair". ( Or even dispair :( ).

And it was mimiced fairly closely by similar phrasing in Edge:

"It's a sign of the current-gen consoles' age that Sam Fisher's third appearance ... is scheduled initially for PC. Seeing the game in action, it is obvious why..."

---

Same journalist? <_<

---

But hey - hunting down silly things in magazines is what we live for? Right?

{ eg. Games TM's article on industry finances this month, which merrily confused revenue and income every second sentence, or their repeated mentions of Forza without any actual *details* of what makes the game interesting; this being what I've noticed whilst travelling home on the tube over the last half hour or so - true videogames experts would obviously mark in red }

{

To be fair, you're doing that thing of taking things to the ultimate degree when that's never implied.

Ross was at the show. Presumably, he was talking to people. Some years people say "The PC seems hot". Some years the people say "The PC looks dead" - for PC, feel free to read anything format you choose.

If people at the show were up or down on a format, fuck it, why not mention it?

It doesn't mean there's breast-beating world-wide that the people with the very expensive consoles with keyboards and stuff are sneaking around with glowy-goggles first.

Anyway - it's not really not really important enough to debate about really, is it?

(At least when I was on the mag, the general tone towards console stuff was vaguely paternalistic and enthusiastic, from the inclusion of console stuff in that hugely epic History Of Games feature we did circa PCG 82 or so to not shutting up about Goldeneye and how ace it was when I joined the mag. There were snooty console toy gag, but tongue is always firmly in cheek. And - hey - last thing I was involved with on the mag was voting a console-originated game as our current favourite in the Top 100 thing.)

KG

I'd be a lot more impressed by the design chance if I hadn't just looked through some of my old PC Gamers I'm about to throw out (I need the space for, err... new PC Gamers). The issue 50-ish era was clean, crisp, and looked kinda like Edge, but with humour. And beards. And really stupid photo shoots in the top 100s.

The latest one seems a bit messy, there is text and shots all over the place, and my eyes don't know what to look at next. On the other hand, the extra-life section (oh the irony, an extra-life section for a system that barely uses them) is excellent, and exactly what I would expect from a print magazine. The Zangbandtk article was really very good.

Just a shame I'm not really interested in PC games at the moment. Well, unless they are going to release a TIE Fighter sequel soon.

What about Half Life 2???

It'll probably be the highlight of next E3 too the way things are going!

HL2 is far more an exciting prospect than any other game coming out at the moment. To me Halo 2 looks no different to Halo. But this is just my humble view.

There wasn't one already opened by a scamp? People are getting oddly reticent nowadays.

KG

With Borders removing their chairs, it's the only reason I go there, to go to the back of the shop and rip the fecker open. Didn't buy it though :)

I'll buy this if the David Braben interview has more than one sentence about Elite IV in it. I've always enjoyed a good PC games mag (even though I rarely play PC games these days, they tend to be written better and for an older audience- cliche, but true IMO).