IGNORED

Edge 138

Mr Do 71

Hopefully, in about 10 pages time all the will to argue will be spent and we'll break through to the funny side, Comrade and Cacophanus will sit down together for a pint and be able to hold a civil conversation......

Unfortunately, I suspect a dispute of this size can only be resolved by some hard fucking.

Cacks, you'd better pucker up your anus, because it's NOT going to be the other way around!

Why on earth do you feel the need to write post after post slagging the guy off? Unless as i suspect its because you're all timid and powerless in real life.

No, it's because he throws insults at people based on inaccurate assumptions, doesn't respect or acknowledge the opinions of others, makes up words to group people into some kind of hive-mind mentality and is an egotistical twat.

His 'knowledge' and 'experience' is of no issue to this.

Penny Arcade's creators are no better or worse, in this respect, than I.

Oh well, that's alright then; if someone else does it too, then it justifies your actions?

You've just openly admitted that you believe the reason for the majority of people (on this forum) liking Halo is because of sheep-like flock-following and media hype... thereby disrespecting the integrity of everyone's opinion here... and you expect people to just accept that, to stand aside whilst a total lie goes by and not respond to your insult?

I note with interest that fun apparently doesn't come into your 3 step programme. is gaming more of a chore for you then? that's sad.  you need some singstar in your life. :(

Fun is a given, and Singstar is great fun indeed.

I don't see where they inferred this idiocy. I read the entire post when they "reviewed" Halo, and they didn't mention it. The second strip's post you linked to didn't say anything at all about Halo. I can only assume you are inferring this from "Just push the buttons register biscuit" which seems like a great deal to infer.  Now, this is far more likely to be insulting game shop staff, or someone who thought that a game that paid reviewers to say it was a "Halo killer" sounded like it was good. Even if they were talking generally about people who like Halo (which seems very unlikely) since it was in a comic, if they were asked I'm sure they would admit it was meant in jest (and anyone who actually contacts Gabe or Tycho can leave their dignity at the door).

Even if it wasn't meant in jest and Penny Arcade wanted all us Halo lovers to understand what slack jawed yokels we are, who gives a fuck? Gabe and Tycho don't strut about this board like you do, so they escape our wrath! Why do you need a web comic to validate your views? No one makes a big deal over this comment here because 1) it's fantastically vague, and 2) It's years old!

Surely their ire is worthier scorn, because they impact a wider group of people. So the damage to the precious altar of Halo worship is noticeably more effective. What I am saying is that you guys should get this in perspective rather than pursuing some rather ineffective witch hunt (ineffective because I am still here and happily posting away).

Honestly, Cacky the only reason you're going on about Penny Arcade is because it was a desperate attempt to deflect the issue even further. You know people love Halo because they enjoy it a lot, and you know that your "reason" for this love is absurd, offensive, and incredibly wrong.

Deflect? More highlight the fact that you're all commonly thought of as being sheep. Christ, if people actually talked about the narrative similarities between Halo and Marathon that would, at least, be somewhat enlightening. Bleating in harmony is just a waste of this precious ether.

baaa.gif

You can use this smiley if you want Cacophonus, I think it's really cute.

:)

Thank you, I shall use it judiciously upon my noble throbcock smiting quest.

How can I discuss the narrative of a game like Marathon when I haven't played it? Or does that now make my opinion on Halo worthless?

Either way, I don't really care. Halo is still the best game of the generation, IMO.

No way! That's FFX-2!

:)

he is going to hunt you down and kill you for that. It's a valkyrie.

yknow, I don't buy into this casual-middlecore-hardcore thing at all. I go with shallow or deep gamers, in shades of grey innit.

I just prefer the term people who play videogames. Would someone who played 100s of hours of fifa or the like be classes as hardcore? Or would someone who only played a couple of hours each week of the latest dating sim to come out of Japan be hardcore? It's all nonsense.

And Halo is still the best game this generation.

Baa.

Surely their ire is worthier scorn, because they impact a wider group of people. So the damage to the precious altar of Halo worship is noticeably more effective. What I am saying is that you guys should get this in perspective rather than pursuing some rather ineffective witch hunt (ineffective because I am still here and happily posting away).

...unbelievable...

I...

What you don't understand is...

You see...

No, I can't do it any more. I can't argue with people who either 1) Constantly misunderstands the point in order to avoid the fact that they are clearly wrong, or 2) Are so deluded that their subconcious mind blocks out any content in their lives that counts against their elaborate and disturbing illusion that is their lives. I genuinely don't know which is more likely.

You know, despite my dislike of you, Cacky, I always thought that the stuff that the old Edge crew accused you of (that earned you the moniker "Crack Smoking Cyber Stalking Mentalist") seemed pretty extreme. I thought that while I thought you were pretty objectionable, you weren't actually deranged. Not any more. I don't know if you actually did that stuff, but I do believe you're capable of it.