IGNORED

Most overrated film?

Landshead

Moulin Rouge - Critically acclaimed, but for me was a dire Bultins Red Coat show that bastardised some good music.

The Thin Red Line - Another big hit with the critics, but the longest three hours of my life watching the worst war film ever made.

LOTR: Return of the King - Totally fucked up the story in the final movie, with awful editing towards the end.

Withnail & I - Probably the least funny movie ever made.

Kill Bill - QT makes his worst movie.

Spirited Away - Admit it folks, it's bloody boring as hell.

Oh, and you're all wrong about the Godfather it's the best film ever made.

The Thin Red Line - Another big hit with the critics, but the longest three hours of my life watching the worst war film ever made.

dead-inside.gif

Gladiator was definitley not up to the hype though, and the last 3 Bond films have been piss-poor efforts, regardless of their success at the box office.

Moulin Rouge - Critically acclaimed, but for me was a dire Bultins Red Coat show that bastardised some good music.

LOTR: Return of the King - Totally fucked up the story in the final movie, with awful editing towards the end.

Withnail & I - Probably the least funny movie ever made.

Kill Bill - QT makes his worst movie.

Oh, and you're all wrong about the Godfather it's the best film ever made.

Correct on every point except Kill Bill.

Star Wars also, too young to have been around when the original was released but I can't see what the fuss is about. Everytime I watch it, I cringe. Just all seems like a tacky B-Movie.

Lord of the Rings too, ugh. I've literally fallen asleep through each installment. Not seen ROTK yet, but I doubt that can keep me awake.

As for overated, Godfather for me.

But what do you lot mean by overrated? It set a tone for a film makking, it changed the style in which the mafia was prtreayed and lead to a great many heavily influenced films. THis is actually WHY the film is so highly rated - not purely for its enjoyment factor.

This is also the case for citizen kane - it is not the story, it was the the productions importanc eto film making in general that makes it so rated. YOu may not enjoy the film greatly, but there are so many new camera angles and all of which are important to how directors viewed the camera.

So basically - you may not like the Godfather or Citizen Kane but you should still rate them.

Kill Bill - Bored me senseless.

Return Of The King - Worst of the trilogy and felt very rushed. Crap battle sequences as well.

Charlie's Angels:Full Throtle - I actually walked out of this film. Soooooo bad.

Spirited Away, on the other hand, ROXORS.

TTFN

Black Hawk Down - Overly long and dull, just when I thought it was about to end it went on for another hour.

Pulp Fiction - Either I didn't 'get it' or this is overrated. Plus I have an instant dislike for John Travolta.

Finding Nemo - It's good but certainly not the masterpiece critics make it out to be.

Spirited Away, on the other hand, ROXORS.

As do Kill Bill and RotK for that matter.

Charlie's Angels Full Throttle doesn't count as not many people rate this film at all.

This thread is about acclaimed and much loved films that you for some reason don't like at all.

Requiem for a Dream: a 2 hour "alternative" music video which didn't say anything new about drugs whatsoever.

So if it had said something new about drugs, it'd be a better film?

R-ahah-iiight.

What makes it a good film for me is the interweaving stories, and the cold hard realism of it. Trainspotting may have perfectly captured the indie drug scene and its effects, but Requiem's take on Speed and its effects to an old generation is fantastic. It also has some very clever camera work and sound effects. The score is great too.

Nothing wrong with not liking it, that's your opinion. But it's the worst reason for not liking this film I've ever heard.

Return Of The King - Crap battle sequences as well.

The battle sequences were well done, they were just over-long and repetitive, so that by the time I get to the next big battle in the final film I'm yawning already. Boring.

but Requiem's take on Speed and its effects to an old generation is fantastic.

Ah, but it features multiple drugs. Isn't one of the main points of the story that it never centres on a specific drug, and that it's a view on a culture as a whole?

The Sixth Sense. It's a gimmick movie. And not that good.

And an easy to guess gimmick at that.

What about Brazil? I hear people saying it's their favourite film of alltime. Besides some great acting from De Niro and Hoskins, the rest of it was pretty boring. I guess comedies are easy targets, because if you don't find them funny then the whole film reflects badly. But for one that's often hailed as the best ever I would've thought they'd be a little more to it. I don't rate Terry Gilliam at all. Fear and Loathing is his only good film.

Ah, but it features multiple drugs. Isn't one of the main points of the story that it never centres on a specific drug, and that it's a view on a culture as a whole?

I was merely picking out one part of the film I found effective. As above it's addiction that's the main theme, though.

I was merely picking out one part of the film I found effective. As above it's addiction that's the main theme, though.

Ah, sorry, I didn't quite get that you were picking out a specific point.

The bit that got me was the story of his mother. Awful. My worst fear in the form of a film. Talk about "powerful cinema".

So if it had said something new about drugs, it'd be a better film?

R-ahah-iiight.

What makes it a good film for me is the interweaving stories, and the cold hard realism of it. Trainspotting may have perfectly captured the indie drug scene and its effects, but Requiem's take on Speed and its effects to an old generation is fantastic. It also has some very clever camera work and sound effects. The score is great too.

Nothing wrong with not liking it, that's your opinion. But it's the worst reason for not liking this film I've ever heard.

Also, Trainspotting was shite, and Requiem is great.

R.