IGNORED

Why Do We Need Next Gen When Theres This

sid

Penny Arcade's comic is about this game. Apparently it's gotten rave reviews and Gamespot were very impressed with it. They kept talking about how a licensed game shouldn't be this much fun.

Apparently the first person hand to hand combat is excellent.

I'm keeping a very keen eye for this.

I saw we don't need a new generation - at least on Xbox, for another few years. With the hard drive, the graphical power and the excellent pad (and it is) we've got a solid foundation - the hard drive being the key element.

The PS2 and GC are way behind because of this.

However, the graphics hungry mass markey, drooling over shots of Doom III and Far Cry would say otherwise. And they are pretty...

Just not another £300 pretty, really.

Surely microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot. I only read today that they plan to launch xbox 2 mid 2005. WTF?! Apparently they ve held back alod of XSN games so they can be launch titles for xbox 2. Great a load of games running old generation engines as launch titles. This generation is only getting going now and they want to pull the plug. I really think the public will have problems telling this generation apart from the next and wont buy early on. Most people wont see the need to upgrade, a lesson they learnt when they bought the ps2 at launch. They have have been so many console launches in the past 6 years I really think hype will lose to comsumer apathy.

And Enclave (the other starbreeze game) was nothing if not absolutely beautiful. Two years more work with the system and this should look awesome at least.

I'll definitely be giving it a play, just because Vin Diesel's COOL.  B)

Enclave played like shit.

Color me very pleasantly suprised if Riddick plays as well as many people claim though.

Just looked at the gameplay trailer - yes, graphically it looks very nice, but the first thing I noticed was the little red pinpoint targeting reticle. If this is on the Xbox, why the fuck do developers persist with that, when Halo has showed us how much better a larger one works?

And why do I have to see red every time I get punched or shot?

For those with a chipped machine - the demo of this game is available as a torrent. It does indeed look the dogs nads. Plus the likeness of Vin Diesel is probably THE best likeness in a game so far.

There's bump mapping and fancy lighting effects galore - a real graphic whores dream. Judging by the demo it should be a cracking game.

This just got a 9.3 from Gamespot. Kinda shortish, apparently but very good.

No multiplayer modes, but they commented that why should something that is a FPS/adventure HAVE to have a multiplayer mode? MPrime doesn't - so I feel its a fair point.

Defo giving this a look in now.

did edge not mention once that vin disel bought a devloper as hes quite into games

Yeah they did. I'm in the states right now and he was on tv promoting the new pitch black film AND the game. Said he invested in the developer, spent time with them and had the films production team in on it. Apparently it's got loads of elements that expand on the new film, and seems he's a big fan of videogames talking about how games waste good licences. None of that means much to me, but i think the original film was a huge hit over here so interest is high.

Yeah they did. I'm in the states right now and he was on tv promoting the new pitch black film AND the game. Said he invested in the developer, spent time with them and had the films production team in on it. Apparently it's got loads of elements that expand on the new film, and seems he's a big fan of videogames talking about how games waste good licences. None of that means much to me, but i think the original film was a huge hit over here so interest is high.

groovy, sounds like its paid off.