IGNORED

Full Spectrum Warrior

Keyboard Koala

Yes, from the review...

Closing Comments

In the end, Full Spectrum Warrior is an amazing achievement in design, and really, it's an amazingly visionary and original piece of code, full stop. Sure, there is room for improvement, but the game is still top-notch at every level of development and execution, and Pandemic's final product is a beautiful thing to look at, to play, and to compare to anything else in the marketplace.

As a game, it's thorough, deep, compelling, and it gives players something genuinely unique to play alone or with a friend. It could be longer, it could have more modes of play, and it could, nay, should, have an adversarial online ability, but I guess that's why they have sequels. Perhaps it's because Pandemic literally spent two years working on perfecting the camera system so that they couldn't spend more time on multiplayer modes, I don't know. What I do know is that if you own an Xbox and want a daring, awesome game to play this summer, you cannot go wrong with Full Spectrum Warrior.

It looks bloody good, but I dunno how much I'll like another tactical shooter on Xbox. Hopefully it really is a lot different to anything I've played. I'm picking it up regardless.

Full Spectrum Warrior is not a realtime strategy game, but it's like one. It's not a first- or third-person shooter, but it's like one, and it's not a straight action game, but it's certainly, well, very much like one. The fact is, Pandemic's original strategy-based, tactical military simulator comprises components of all these things and is genuinely a bird of a different color.

Oooo....

Originally commissioned by the U.S. Army to train light Infantry troops in urban combat situations, Full Spectrum Warrior gives you a real sense of what urban combat is like from a tactical standpoint without ever actually suiting up.

Ooo....

You don't actually shoot the trigger, you command your troops to do so. That's the thing about Full Spectrum Warrior, in many ways it functions like a realtime strategy game

Aaah.

So like, an RTS but not with a top-down view? I'm all confused.

The entire game is all about finding the most strategic cover, outflanking, and defeating your enemy.

I don't think I'm gonna like this game :)

From reading the review, it seem to me you have to direct the soldiers to shoot, take cover, etc.

Hopefully communication is a not a problem for me.

If there is no communication problem for me, imagine the fun to play against Hitcher or whatever on live with a massive battle and not to worry about trigger fingers.

If there is no communication problem for me, imagine the fun to play against Hitcher or whatever on live with a massive battle and not to worry about trigger fingers.

There's no Vs. mode on Live, it's purely co-operative. The trailers look awesome but give little indication what the interface is like and just how it works.

There's no Vs. mode on Live, it's purely co-operative. The trailers look awesome but give little indication what the interface is like and just how it works.

Yes it's co-op, one squad each.

The older trailer (linked in here ages ago) showed just how easy the interface is to use.

I've got an ace trailer on my PC that shows exactly what the control system is. It's one of the developers playing a mission and talking you through it, and what he's doing on the controller. It's really cool.

It's a 117MB Quick Time movie, if you want to find it,

I got it on a PC Gamer coverdisk.

I hope it is deaf friendly as I am looking forward to with excitement and worry.

dunno for sure, but the developers said on tv the main thing they had to change when converting from army version to home version was that army blokes rely on audio cues, but gamers need visual cues. sorry that info is probably not much use at all to you

edit: did no one see that the full preview, with interviews with the developers on bravo's gamer tv. that show is actually getting alot better

More Live stuff: you can upload replays of your missions as well as scenarios for other players, such as "you're in the middle of a desert, you've got three rounds of ammo, your commander is bleeding to death and you've got a nasty rash. GET OUT OF THAT." Xbox fans are going to love it.

Morally minded people won't. That's all we're going to say on the subject now, but expect this to cause more than a few raised eyebrows from the media this June. For the purist, however, Full Spectrum Warrior is likely to demonstrate quite what a huge budget given to a Western game can achieve.

Anyone know what that was all about?

I hope it is deaf friendly as I am looking forward to with excitement and worry.

Off topic a bit, but Legendary, we'll be forwarding you the text version of the reviews in CV3, so you can read them while you watch the video, or read them on the bog or whatever.

Anyone else who has hearing difficulties need only ask.

R.