IGNORED

What's new and impressive on PC then?

D-Side

Not at the moment it isn't. Unless you have some recent examples that aren't Far Cry, Painkiller and BFV?

Stunt Hamsters.

Why are we having to exclude games by the way? I came in late. Lost the argument once already, have we?

Why are we having to exclude games by the way? I came in late. Lost the argument once already, have we?

I've already got them, and I'm not in the habit of buying games I've already ripped off.

Whoops.

Perhaps we should wait until Half Life 2, Stalker, Doom 3, Thief, and Rome : Total War are released before commenting about the quality of current PC games ?

We should really, but that doesn't do me much good at the moment. I can't wait for HL2 and Stalker. I'll probably 'box it for Thief and Doom 3. Total War I could not give less of a shit about.

I really hope you have another reason for having that laptop, they really don't cut the gaming mustard at all.

Well my old laptop wouldnt even let me play n64 games so the fact that my new one allows me to clear away all the clutter of all my old carts and just hook it up through the TV out was reason enough.

and i think its a pretty good spec for gaming especially at the bargain price of £720 all in

1680 x 1050 widescreen display

512mb ram

Pentium Mobility 1.5ghz processor

ATI Mobility radeon9600 pro turbo 128mb 3D card

60gig hard drive

DVD rewriter

I really hope you have another reason for having that laptop, they really don't cut the gaming mustard at all.

totally wrong.

I've got a 3Ghz P4 laptop with GeForceFX5600 that plays anything on the market at the moment, and I play them sat on my sofa, wi-fi enabled through my TV/Stereo so nyerrr.

BF:Vietnam/FFXI/CoH/UT2004 > emulators

totally wrong.

I've got a 3Ghz P4 laptop with GeForceFX5600 that plays anything on the market at the moment, and I play them sat on my sofa, wi-fi enabled through my TV/Stereo so nyerrr.

BF:Vietnam/FFXI/CoH/UT2004 > emulators

Fair enough but come back in a year and say the same thing compared to a 3000XP 9800 Pro and 1 gig ram costing £550 now and I would be convinced :). Also that's never an actual FX5600 else bowl me over if your batteries don't only last an hour.

There is always, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Free Multiplayer Update of return To Castle Wolfenstein that is still going strong since its release last year.

Much Better teamwork than Call of Duty / Medal of Honour & did I mention its a FREE 260mb download. Runs on the Modified Q3 engine so will run ok on even average pc's (my mate plays it on P500 / G4).

It comes reccomended by me as its the ONLY gme i have every played this long. Ive been playing it since release a year ago last saturday and still put in at least 5 hrs a week on it!!!!

edit: Oh and its Made in Britan lol

For the equivalent gaming performance you'd get from a desktop PC you'd have to spend so much more money with a laptop. In order for a laptop to be any good for gaming you need to run it through a TV/decent sized monitor anyway.

If you're made of money then it's a viable option, even then just about every aspect of a laptop is inferior to it's full-sized counterpart, and hugely more expensive. If you have to have a laptop for work or whatever then that's fine, but please don't buy a laptop to play games.

It makes the baby Jesus cry. <_<

There is always, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Free Multiplayer Update of return To Castle Wolfenstein that is still going strong since its release last year.

A friend of a friend swears by it, but I want in on the BF games before I tackle any other MMOFPSMUTHAFUCKAAAS.

Does anyone still play BF Online?

How's it going back there in 1997? Who spends £1000 on a PC these days?

(Leaving aside the fact that you'd probably be extremely hard pushed to find £1000 worth of decent Xbox games, even if you resorted to buying everything in the most barrel-scraping of list threads. As well as Tekki.)

Would you mind recommending me somewhere to buy a good PC from?

Something that'll last a couple of years as well ;)