IGNORED

What's new and impressive on PC then?

D-Side

Lordy Lordy, there must be something. Whenever the PC gets dragged over the coals, the ever reliable backlash informs me that the PC plays host to plenty of great *NEW* games.

Which ones then?

hospital.jpg

There she is right now, even wearing a headphone to keep those horrible 'Doctor Needed in General Diagnosiiiis' samples from me. Bless her little heart ;)

Puff !

Stick some Unreal Tournament 2004 on, to whip her into shape !

A couple of years old now, but I'm playing through WC3 again at the moment and it's still as lovely as last time.

Only £9.99 delivered from Play.com too.

PC games seem to be more of a "coming soon" thing (but a _lot_ of really good coming soons!) for me right now, nothing new out at the moment I want.

I'm thinking of saving for a good PC for gaming, but I'm not sure if I really need another gaming platform, seeing as my Xbox and GC already provide me with enough games.

HL2 though

wait a year until a system that can play half life 2 is ridiculously cheap-

I finally ugraded to a new laptop about a month ago and was really looking forward to playing some great new games now that i once again had a spec that cuts the gaming mustard.

But once again (much as i found about 3 yrs ago with my old laptop) i find that all i have to choose from is one generic FPS or RPG after another.

In fact seem to be enjoying more time retrogaming with all the latest emulators than playing recent games on it.

I finally ugraded to a new laptop about a month ago and was really looking forward to playing some great new games now that i once again had a spec that cuts the gaming mustard.

But once again (much as i found about 3 yrs ago with my old laptop) i find that all i have to choose from is one generic FPS or RPG after another.

In fact seem to be enjoying more time retrogaming with all the latest emulators than playing recent games on it.

AHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!

money.jpg

I really hope you have another reason for having that laptop, they really don't cut the gaming mustard at all.

Are you inferring that consoles are not full of generic titles, only PC?

And did you not do any research into what was out now / coming soon before spending (presumably) a decent amount of money?

wait a year until a system that can play half life 2 is ridiculously cheap-

But by then the Next Best Thing™ will be out and I'll need an uber Pee Cee to run it :ph34r:

And I'm thinking of all the other stuff I could buy.

£1000 = how many Xbox games? :rolleyes:

But by then the Next Best Thing™ will be out and I'll need an uber Pee Cee to run it :(

And I'm thinking of all the other stuff I could buy.

£1000 = how many Xbox games? :D

How's it going back there in 1997? Who spends £1000 on a PC these days?

(Leaving aside the fact that you'd probably be extremely hard pushed to find £1000 worth of decent Xbox games, even if you resorted to buying everything in the most barrel-scraping of list threads. As well as Tekki.)