IGNORED

First decent DC emulator released - Chankast

Halo

I would, and will, argue that because an emu exists, (DC) homebrew will not increase.

Whilst convincingly ignoring my post with quite an important point. But there we go, calling you "blinkered" wouldn't be a stretch of the truth now, would it?

Because it saves the major hurdle of having to build/buy the PC/Dreamcast bridging equipment. There wouldn't be NEARLY as many homebrew GBA developers if there wasn't a working GBA emulator and the only way to test was flashcart/multiboot cable.

Ok, as you asked so nicely, you lovely person you ;)

Surely emulation puts in a massive boundary. ie, dissimilar hardware? GBA homebrew is different, its fucking simple. People that care enough about DC homebrew will laugh at emu's, why would they bother? Stop trying to confuse the ease of coding a GBA on a PC, with the DC.

You so lovely :(

Ok, as you asked so nicely, you lovely person you ;)

Surely emulation puts in a massive boundary. ie, dissimilar hardware? GBA homebrew is different, its fucking simple. People that care enough about DC homebrew will laugh at emu's, why would they bother? Stop trying to confuse the ease of coding a GBA on a PC, with the DC.

You so lovely :(

Not at all. After all, the (slower but simpler) Windows abstraction layer in the DC makes it surprisingly easy to code for (so long as you're not going for all-out performance, which most homebrewers aren't). Given that I love programming for consoles (PSX, PS2, GBA) had I not had to buy some cable off a dodgy website but could see my output on the PC then I would have bothered to participate in the DC Homebrew scene, but as it is I stuck with the consoles for which homebrew dev hardware/an emulator was easy to procure.

And I bet I'm not the only one.

People that care enough about DC homebrew will laugh at emu's

I doubt you'll find any coder who'll laugh at emulation coders. Any coders I know respect others work and especially the difficult programming that is involved in emulation.

Not at all. After all, the (slower but simpler) Windows abstraction layer in the DC makes it surprisingly easy to code for (so long as you're not going for all-out performance, which most homebrewers aren't). Given that I love programming for consoles (PSX, PS2, GBA) had I not had to buy some cable off a dodgy website but could see my output on the PC then I would have bothered to participate in the DC Homebrew scene, but as it is I stuck with the consoles for which homebrew dev hardware/an emulator was easy to procure.

And I bet I'm not the only one.

that's a truly lovely story.

Iam glad you perceverved through the awful awfull times that DC emulation didn't exist. i hope it makes your programming life all the simpler.

So, you're sayin the biggest bain in your Dc homebrew life was buying a cable? Well, welcome to a whole world of whit now you're going to have to go through an emulator first, smartypants.

that's a truly lovely story.

Iam glad you perceverved through the awful awfull times that DC emulation didn't exist. i hope it makes your programming life all the simpler.

So, you're sayin the biggest bain in your Dc homebrew life was buying a cable? Well, welcome to a whole world of whit now you're going to have to go through an emulator first, smartypants.

Aw, bless. You've stopped making points and simply sunk to spewing bile. And to think I actually thought you were quite nice, if totally misguided.

Why do these threads always turn into emulation is a good/bad thing/its illegal?

Anyone got some pictures id like to see what some of the games look like, like sonic adventure.

Also what happened to that other emu that had pictures displayed but has not been released yet? Think its over at www.boobs.co.uk

Why do these threads always turn into emulation is a good/bad thing/its illegal?

Anyone got some pictures id like to see what some of the games look like, like sonic adventure.

Also what happened to that other emu that had pictures displayed but has not been released yet? Think its over at www.boobs.co.uk

is that what that last page of posts was?

Couldn't tell, seeing as no side actually had a basis for their argument, and were simply going for point and counterpoint ;)

Couldn't tell, seeing as no side actually had a basis for their argument, and were simply going for point and counterpoint

actually if you read the last page or so it was stebbo or what ever hes called being nasty and very childish, he completely ignored any arguement points that Ed-Epistaxis and myself made, so the last few posts where basically telling him to stop being a prat. We made the basis for are arguements very clear.

And yeah I agree that its infuriating that emulation topic s get turned in to moral debates, or some idiot shouting "emulation is crap" play the real thing. (even though most folks here own a dc.)