rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
blandishment

'Friends' can fuck off

Somehow I imagine that guys who like friends are the same kind of guys who have a lot of female friends, and are doomed to never asking them out because they don't want to lose their friendship. Those sad sack guys who follow their female mates about, being all dependable, like a 'straight gay'.

Yes. That's what you are if you like Friends. A straight gay.

R.

Somehow I imagine that guys who like friends are the same kind of guys who have a lot of female friends, and are doomed to never asking them out because they don't want to lose their friendship. Those sad sack guys who follow their female mates about, being all dependable, like a 'straight gay'.

R.

I'm a little bit straight gay. But its fun though. And I like Sex and the City.

R.

Shit, that's me. :(

R.

You, Sir, are WRONG.

It's light hearted comedy and that's all it's ever purported to be.

I used to love it, the recent series are a bit crap, but y'know, it doesn't matter that much

Spot on, I'd say.

As opposed to just wanting to fuck anything that moves...like a 'real' man?

div

As opposed to just wanting to fuck anything that moves...like a 'real' man?

div

If you'd noticed any of my posts in previous threads, you'd know that's not what I meant.

Go and watch your Ally McBeal tapes, why don't you?

R.

With comebacks like that, you should be writing for Friends.

R.

and now, having realised the armchair psychology approach won't work and he has in fact no argument what so ever, it gets personal. seriously, just how much of a false view of the series do you want to present?

How come it was so popular over here?...I understand that globally we follow plenty of US trends over all types of media, but the level of 'dumbing-down' even your average Brit had to do just to raise a smile whilst viewing this pig shit alarms me.

and now, having realised the armchair psychology approach won't work and he has in fact no argument what so ever, it gets personal. seriously, just how much of a false view of the series do you want to present?

Could you, like, BE any more gay?

Now we could both be writing for it.

R.

Some people seem to forget that, once upon a time, Friends was VERY funny. You are talking shit if you say otherwise. TRUFAXED!

Damn I'm good.

Some people seem to forget that, once upon a time, Friends was VERY funny. You are talking shit if you say otherwise. TRUFAXED!

Damn I'm good.

He must be talking about 'The One Where Popo Was Accidentally Watching Seinfeld.'

R.

Often friends was funny. Sometimes it isn't. those who get angry are the ones who catch a glimpse, find it funny, but don't want to admit it to themselves.

Also, lets not forget the writers made a nasty calendar and made a woman cry by calling Ross gay.

The problem with the later episodes of Friends is that they rely too much on the familiarity of the characters and catchphrases, assuming that the audience feels so at home with them that we won't notice that it's not funny any more. And Monica is easily one of the most irritating characters in television history.

But the early episdes are funny - and it wasn't always conventional pap. It's always been sentimental and feelgood, sure, but so what? Seinfeld is a better show, of course, but not everyone can appreciate its incessantly bitter, negative tone. And even the creators acknowledge that the endless use of irony is a bit annoying at times ("Do you see the irony? Do you? Do you!" "Yeah, yeah... I see the irony...").

Like when Rachel and Ross have their first date, and they're lying in the planetarium under the stars, and suddenly this massive fucking booming voice goes "BILLIONS OF YEARS AGO!" It's FUNNY, okay.